Sound Forge Pro 13

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just got a survey from Magix about Sound Forge Pro 13. Gotta say I’m pretty surprised they’re releasing a new version already.

Looks like there is finally gonna be a new interface. Check out the lighter version that must have been released kind of recently. https://www.magix.com/au/music/sound-fo ... io-studio/

Wish you got a install for Win and OS X. Hate that the two are separate.

Cool! Thanks!

nathanj wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:20 am Just got a survey from Magix about Sound Forge Pro 13. Gotta say I’m pretty surprised they’re releasing a new version already.

Looks like there is finally gonna be a new interface. Check out the lighter version that must have been released kind of recently. https://www.magix.com/au/music/sound-fo ... io-studio/

Wish you got a install for Win and OS X. Hate that the two are separate.
While I agree with that complaint, the two are entirely different pieces of software. Most of what’s in the Windows version seems to be missing from the Mac version, otherwise I would have jumped on it, despite Magix’s insane prices. Sound Forge was my defacto standard audio editor, and then I moved to a Mac. Adobe pisses me off these days, so I use an old version of Audition. It’s enough, but not cozy.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Just saw the screenshots of this new version... Seems they’re trying to look like Adobe Audition. Not sure that’s a good idea. The darker tones are nice, but the layout looks like they’ve gone with the dockable panels concept which is a PITA in Audition (thinking you’ve closed a document, you discover you’ve actually closed some layout viewport and the whole screen layout has changed and you have to figure out how to get it back to the way it was).
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

So ... Sound Forge Pro is now Sound Forge Audio Editor, or are there different versions? I didn't receive any email from Magix yet ... presumably there's an upgrade discount for Pro 12 users.

thecontrolcentre wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:20 pm So ... Sound Forge Pro is now Sound Forge Audio Editor, or are there different versions? I didn't receive any email from Magix yet ... presumably there's an upgrade discount for Pro 12 users.
Sound Forge Audio Editor is the cut down version of Pro, seems the OP got them mixed up. Sound Forge Pro 12 is still the latest version.

I like how Magix software is always a couple of weeks away from returning to normal price. BUY NOW BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE! :lol:

I used version 11 Pro at work. Constantly some problems. I record 3-4 hours, and always some files have sound artifacts. The part of the sound file disappears (about a second). Sometimes the program freezes and you have to overload the computer. Loss of time I found an old laptop with Windows XP and returned to the record in version 8. Version 8 works perfectly. I do not want to update.

lotus2035 wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:33 pm
thecontrolcentre wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:20 pm So ... Sound Forge Pro is now Sound Forge Audio Editor, or are there different versions? I didn't receive any email from Magix yet ... presumably there's an upgrade discount for Pro 12 users.
Sound Forge Audio Editor is the cut down version of Pro, seems the OP got them mixed up. Sound Forge Pro 12 is still the latest version.
Magix is sending that "special offer" to all users. So, a user of Sound Forge Pro 12 is being offered a "special offer" to buy a cut down version of the same program. Pretty stupid and misinforming, if you aske me. :roll:

Magix seems like they are behaving pretty erratic nowadays.
Fernando (FMR)

Sorry for the confusion. I only posted the link to the Audio Studio version to show the new UI. I didn’t mean for it to be confused with the Pro version.

I also get that the Mac version is completely different than the PC version. I couldnt stand the Mac version years ago because it was such a shadow of what I was expecting. But still, given the cost of either it would be nice to have both available.

Edited: removed link

That’s the link to the survey if you want to give them your opinion and enter to win one of three licences.
Last edited by nathanj on Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

As a Sound Forge veteran (since version 4.5) I still hope that the macOS version gets the functionality of the PC version. I don't know any faster and more practical audio editor for editing and sampling. However, I'm afraid, that Magix might stop the macOS development.

lotus2035 wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:33 pm
Cheers. Thought I'd missed something ... :)

What's the deal with the concealed redirect in the url you posted?

A site named skimresources.com immediately raises my hackles.

.... Ah. I see. Skimlinks. Please tell me that KVR isn't experimenting with this. I'll happily pay a yearly sub fee here to avoid this.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”