Is there an alternative to 32Lives for hosting old 32-bit plugins ?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have tried J-Bridge, didn't work for me.
I have an old 32-bit plugin that won't bridge anymore in Reaper. It works on Reaper 32-bit version but I work in Reaper64.

32Lives is priced too high, is there any other alternatives you know of ?

(My plugin is Motu Ethno ver.1 which is about 10 years old now, but still some very nice usable instruments in there.)

DDMF metaplugin is worth checking out, it has a demo you can try. It can do a lot more than just bridging.

DDMF also do bridgewise for simple bridging.
Last edited by mrcleats on Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

You could try DDMF Bridgewize or DDMF Metaplugin (which is also a modular host)
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Haha, snap!

Bansaw wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:26 pm I have an old 32-bit plugin that won't bridge any more in Reaper. It works on Reaper 32-bit version but I work in Reaper64.
Which plug-in? Please report that on the Reaper Bug Reports forum.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

mrcleats wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:35 pm Haha, snap!
Actually I did get it (Motu Ethno) working with Reaper32 and Reaper64 open at the same time using ReaRoute, but its a hack and a pain to set up.
I might check out DDMF and get a demo, see if that works.
Reaper actually used to bridge it a few versions ago but they must have changed something in one of their updates.

which plugins do you need to run? Just curious what plugins are people still clutching to.

Ploki wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:22 pm which plugins do you need to run? Just curious what plugins are people still clutching to.
Its Motu Ethno ver.1. This was $250 ten years ago. Dont want to let that investment go.
Motu support were not helpful - they wanted me to pay an upgrade price to ver.2 which was another $100.

Problem solved - Apparently Motu Ethno ver.1 can be loaded into [the free] UVI Workstation - https://www.uvi.net/en/instruments/uvi-workstation.html (source - viewtopic.php?p=3994081#p3994081 Post#2 )

mcbpete wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:35 pm Problem solved - Apparently Motu Ethno ver.1 can be loaded into [the free] UVI Workstation - https://www.uvi.net/en/instruments/uvi-workstation.html (source - viewtopic.php?p=3994081#p3994081 )
I tried UVI workstation couple of years ago. It didn't work with Ver.1 because the .DAT files were different structure. Ethno Ver.2 works definitely. I got Motu Symphonic to work with UVI but not Ethno v.1. Maybe I'll dig deeper into that thread.... it says something about putting shortcuts to the .DAT file somewhere...

Looks like you install Ethno as normal then move both Ethno.dat and Ethno.ufs into UVISoundbanks (by default C:\Program files\UVISoundbanks )

I just installed UVI Workstation.
Got an error message below. Tried shortcuts and full file.
Apparently after doing some reading, the new version of UVI Workstation does not support Ethno1.
I don't think UVI have a legacy download on their site.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hmm damn - could you maybe move the .dat and .ufs back to their default original MOTU install folder, and in UVI Workstation preferences add that folder to the library locations it searches through ...

JbridgeM works much better here on Mac OS high Sierra than 32lives did
Macbook M1 Max 32GB Ram Cubase 12

Ploki wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:22 pmwhich plugins do you need to run? Just curious what plugins are people still clutching to.
I have plenty of things I made in SynthEdit that I'd love to be able to use in my 64 bit host. I don't think I'd use them often now but it would be very handy to be able to open all our old songs, especially for live performance.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”