Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

short explanation for the new Endless Sub "SWITCH":

"Endless Sub Switch" is basically the same as the normal Endless Sub Mode (which is now called "Endless Sub Fade"). But in the "Switch" mode, there are NOT 2 Sounds fading constantly into each other, no, there is a clean and hard switch note, where the octave starts from the beginning. Good for example to keep Hardstyle Kicks in a "good" playable area. Example: activated: "Endless Sub Swtich" with Switch Note set to "F" - that means you have F1 G1 A1 B1 C2 D2 E2 / F1 G1 A1 C2 D2 E2 / F1 G1 etc... constantly repeating. "/" marks the switch where the octave re-starts from -12. The normal Endless Sub mode makes the same but seamlessy, by crossblending the 2 octaves...

Thanks for those new additions. VPS Avenger really is so much worth the money with all these constant additions.

However, I think your concept of bug reporting somehow sucks, using bilaternal emailing is a kind of reduced communication and information flow. If you would open a thread or better sub forum like "bugreports vps avenger", you could realize similarities in a much better way, tendencies and also other users would know, if something was reported already :P I really do not get you guys. Also, yet those cpu spikes seem not to be fixed, at least one user again reported this above. You could do a survey, to get more details about it. Also you, Manuel always stating "email Rene" and sometimes "I don't care about bugs, email Rene" does not seem to work very good. Seems to me that you trip yourself up. Instead of less work, you seem to have more work in the end. In a forum, users could help each other to collect maximum info.

we have no time to be active in additional forums and collect informations there :ud: . We already have this forum and the Avenger Facebook group. We re only 2 people. So please if someone do encounter a problem, please mail to the support email. This works quite well actually. And remember: this KVR thread only reflects a very little percentage of our users.

PS: Rene is already in email contact with the guy, who reported a higher idle CPU, and it seems one of the FX was responsible.

Oh ok, thanks for the info :)

msvs wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:03 am Rene fixed the Chord Dection min/maj now. Seems he misunderstood what I and you meant. Update later today. Furthermore the Endless Sub Switch graphic not updating is fixed, thx @Sircuit for pointing out
Thanks! Now it works!

@Hanz Meyzer

I just posted the bug twice (by mail to rene and here) to figure out if there are other people have it too. It's always better if a bug is reproducible by more users instead of just one imho.

So if you don't mind i would continue this way and maybe it's possible to figure out what process is triggering bugs.
Intel I9 9900X / Asus Prime X299-A / 32 GB DDR 4 / NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 / Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 / Win 10 Pro 64 Bit / Ableton Live 11 64bit / Reason 11

Hi guys,

I took a break for a while and im having a big brain fart. How do you retrigger a filter envelope while in legato?

Razzia wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:59 pm Hi guys,

I took a break for a while and im having a big brain fart. How do you retrigger a filter envelope while in legato?
A way is to use a ModEnv set to trigger in Last MIDI Note mode.

ReboundAudio wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:54 pm @Hanz Meyzer

I just posted the bug twice (by mail to rene and here) to figure out if there are other people have it too. It's always better if a bug is reproducible by more users instead of just one imho.

So if you don't mind i would continue this way and maybe it's possible to figure out what process is triggering bugs.
Sure :) Rene told me there are no denormals, yet my last knowledge base was that denormals still need to be actively prevented in the code, e.g. here or here. I didn't really test v1.46 yet. But I always had the impression that either in the OSCs or in the sample player, heavy initial spikes are going on (while starting a new note), which can quickly mess up a whole project replaying. These spikes look so huge, that it reminds me of denormal numbers mode in the cpu (slows down cpu by a huge factor). Most CPU usage meters will only show the maximum peak, so a single spike can look like constant usage, if it happens here and there. Bitwig has a timing graph though, and there I could clearly see such spikes.

sircuit wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:11 pm
Razzia wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:59 pm Hi guys,

A way is to use a ModEnv set to trigger in Last MIDI Note mode.
So simple. So dumb that I couldn't remember this. Thank you.

msvs wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:58 am the low "E" you play is out of range for the Cmaj detection (out of range means if you are more than 12 notes away from the highest note in the chord)
If a Key is that far off, it overwrites the chord detection and plays the key, which is played. This allows playing a chord with the right hand and still being able to play a independent bassnote with the left hand, for example a Cmaj with a deep G bass, or a bassrun from C to G while still holding the chord
Inversion of the middle note or high note one octave down is reaaaaaaaaly frequent. Like almost all the time frequent. Maybe you can think of implementing two modes for filter to chord-root note: "live" mode and "strict" mode. (or at least rename the existing mode so won't be so confusing)

not really, the interval you used E2 C3 G3 is barely reachable / playable with one hand...

nm
Last edited by C-quence on Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

msvs wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:07 pm we have no time to be active in additional forums and collect informations there :ud: . We already have this forum and the Avenger Facebook group. We re only 2 people. So please if someone do encounter a problem, please mail to the support email. This works quite well actually. And remember: this KVR thread only reflects a very little percentage of our users.

PS: Rene is already in email contact with the guy, who reported a higher idle CPU, and it seems one of the FX was responsible.
Wow freaking amazing what only two people can accomplish. This synth is just so good.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

msvs wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:16 am not really, the interval you used E2 C3 G3 is barely reachable / playable with one hand...
In the piano roll E2 C3 G3 is very reachable. And as I mentioned, this kind of inversions are quite common in music making. Not to mention the 5-6 note chords in deep house that most of the time have a note one octave down.

Anyway, it is what it is, I stopped requesting features a while ago but with this one I was just confused.

Return to “Instruments”