Cherry Audio Voltage modular

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Voltage Modular Core + Electro Drums Voltage Modular Ignite Voltage Modular Nucleus

sacer wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:03 pm The sound quality of voltage moudular can also limit, the amount of modules is not everything to consider. The softube basic system offers a lot of possibilities. If he gets more advanced and familiar he can add a new modules on sale for $20 - $30.
So, if he wants to add more modules, all he has to do is wait for a sales period, and hope that they get on sale :lol: What a great advice :hihi: Of course, he can always opt to shell out $40 or $50 for "each" module :roll:
sacer wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:03 pm I have softube modular and i am very happy with it. My friend has a real modular with doepfer and mutable intruments modules and i can't hear a difference, but for me it is more comfortabe without real cables.
If i play with voltage modular the sound doesn't give me same feeling like on real eurorack, the sound has nothing special. So I feel more limited with 100 VM modules compared to 30 SM modules, that's why he should demo both.
That's your opinion, and you're entitled to it, of course. And certainly the guy that questioned should demo "everything". In that case, he should also demo VCV, which he can get for free, and has the exact same "Mutable Instruments" modules SM has for sale (plus a lot of others that SM doesn't have) also for free. (this shows how "customer friendly" SM is) :hihi:

Regarding the supposed "quality", IMO it is more a placebo efect than anything else. I also have SM, and I don't hear any noticeable difference in quality (of course, the other modulars don't have Doepfer emulation modules, but rather "personal" modules, so, they would necessraily sound different. That doesn't mean they sound "worse" - just different. If what you want is Doepfer emulations and other emulations, you will have to pay the premium price. If you will be satisfied with purely (yet excelent) software modules like the ones from Vult, for example, then you have much better alternatives.

Since we are talking modular, that "perceived quality" is highly subjective anyway.
Last edited by fmr on Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:31 pm Regarding the supposed "quality", IMO it is more a placebo efect than anything else.
I think ST Modular sounds much better than Voltage too and I also prefer the workflow.

Ofcourse it's a matter of taste, but I'm working with a hardware modular everyday and when I use software, P900 and ST Modular really stand out for me.

I didn't try the third party modules yet though .

So I downloaded the demo to see what all the fuss is about.

Anyone having problems with the VST3i 64-bit version? It crashes both of the hosts that I'm using: Reaper and Blue Cat's Patchwork.

The VST2 version seems to work well. Though I've noticed a few of the full sequence presets don't seem to work, or don't automatically start playing their sequences like the others do.

So I see a new PSP bundle of poly-oriented modules for $70. And the price of the PS Ultimate bundle dropped from $130 to $100. tempting... :phones:

plexuss wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:10 pm So I see a new PSP bundle of poly-oriented modules for $70. And the price of the PS Ultimate bundle dropped from $130 to $100. tempting... :phones:
So I just bought the Ultimate Bundle last week for $129 & it’s already been reduced to $100???

That’s pissed me off!!!

simmo75 wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:23 pm
plexuss wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:10 pm So I see a new PSP bundle of poly-oriented modules for $70. And the price of the PS Ultimate bundle dropped from $130 to $100. tempting... :phones:
So I just bought the Ultimate Bundle last week for $129 & it’s already been reduced to $100???

That’s pissed me off!!!
Prepare to be even more pissed off - plugin prices often go down over time. This is where patience pays off. :phones:

plexuss wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:27 pm

That’s pissed me off!!!
Prepare to be even more pissed off - plugin prices often go down over time. This is where patience pays off. :phones:
You think that’s ok then?

That’s pissed me off!!!
I expect prices to go down. They always do. But the norm goes something like this.

Example: Synth X. List Price $169
Initial Release: On Sale For $149
2 weeks Later: Price Goes Up to List Price of $169
6 Months Later: Half price sale for $85

Something like that.

Not, initial release $169 and then 2 weeks later price drops to $139

That punishes early buyers instead of rewarding them and it leaves a really bad taste in their mouths.

Personally I'm not pissed because I just don't care about this stuff anymore and $30 isn't the end of the world, but I can absolutely understand early buyers being pissed about this.

simmo75 wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:34 pm

That’s pissed me off!!!
It wouldn't matter what I think about it because companies will do whatever they want. It's common for a company to release a product and then reduce the price over time. Most do this with sales. If you want in early you have to assume its going to cost you more than if you wait. It's just the way things are. :phones:

Did you happen to buy the Voltage Modular core system on sale for $50 or $100? What about those people that bought it before the sale. Best not to be self-centred about this. Sometimes you'll get on a sale and sometimes you won't. if decide to buy a product at or close to the regular price it's best to assume the price will be lower in the future. But can you wait... that's the key!
wagtunes wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:41 pm Personally I'm not pissed because I just don't care about this stuff anymore and $30 isn't the end of the world, but I can absolutely understand early buyers being pissed about this.
Which of couse is unreasonable. If you were an "early buyer" then you must know you are an early buyer and hence accept the risks of a price drop. The only people who wouldn't know going in are those new to the whole plugin game. If that's you, ok, be pissed and learn a lesson - if you wait you will save money. But you decide to get in early, perpare for lower prices in the future. Nothing to get pissed about. It just *is*.

Well shiiiiiit....

I should’ve checked out VM before my comments here as they are free for me and in my account.

Awesome!

My apologies team VM

simmo75 wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:34 pm

That’s pissed me off!!!
Edit: I was wrong about this, please ignore

Does anyone know how Cherry Audio will be treating licenses? Any NFR/transfer restrictions?

I'm trying to decide if u-he Bazille satisfies all of my modular needs (wants). :help:

Tappistry wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:14 am
I'm trying to decide if u-he Bazille satisfies all of my modular needs (wants). :help:
Of course it doesn't! ... :party:

I see... PSP released a set of poly modules and those are not included in the PSP Ultimate bundle. The Ultimate bundle price has dropped to $99. Sweet! :phones:

Return to “Instruments”