Hive 2 is coming!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hive 2

Dasheesh wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:15 pm love the pink, purple is right now, but pink is the future. ask sandman pro.

enough of the 1999 blue and halloween orange.
I don't mind pink because I plan on making synthwave with it (along with Repro and Diva of course).

What are prospects of some additional tutorials/materials for uhm scripting becoming available on/near the 2.0 release date?

Edit: missing word
Always Read the Manual!

layzer wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:38 am
Distorted Horizon wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:22 pm Hive (and one preset in it) is the reason why I started to make psytrance.
but you can make psytrance with just about anything and that monotonous bassline and kick loop.
Yes, but it won't sound the same.

no it won't.

I tried replicating a super simple Repro-1 patch in HIve, pretty much filtered Saw.
It's incredible how different it sounds.

PieBerger wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:44 am What are prospects of some additional tutorials/materials for uhm scripting becoming available on/near the 2.0 release date?

Edit: missing word
Pretty good. In our forum it seemed that some people got way ahead of myself, but I think we need to make a little video explaining the system itself (a-ha moments).

Ploki wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:11 am no it won't.

I tried replicating a super simple Repro-1 patch in HIve, pretty much filtered Saw.
It's incredible how different it sounds.
Not hive-related, but just for kicks I tried to create a great, relatively simple sound from Repro5 in the "lowly" retro synth in Logic. They were not close, until I realized that the Repro fx were adding a ton of character to the sound. Saturator/maximizer, chorus and of course 'verb made the sound huge and wide. So while Retro synth can't do that stuff, I added it in via Logic and got a much closer sound.

Moral, fx *may* have a lot to do with the sound. Second moral, I still want Repro :D

OH dang, i usually keep FX disabled. looks like i didn't this time around. :D

flocked wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:22 pm Regarding the skin: I would really appreciate it to have a hexagon free plugmon style skin included.
+1: I love plugmon´s eclipse skin, it makes so much more sense to me than the original GUI.

Ploki wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:46 pm OH dang, i usually keep FX disabled. looks like i didn't this time around. :D
And I should clarify that I view the Repro fx as a selling point and a good thing. Just from the demo, they sound tremendous and worthy of being 3rd party plugins in their own right. It was a pain to set up separate plugins to try to emulate what those were doing. And I should also clarify that a discerning sound designer (ie, not me so much) would have found larger differences in the sound and filters, I shot for "ballpark" :D

I was shooting for the ballpark too; needed something lightweight for live use and Hive vs Repro is a nobrainer :)

Repro sounds great btw, but i find myself using Repro-5 much more.

epiphaneia wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:27 pm
flocked wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:22 pm Regarding the skin: I would really appreciate it to have a hexagon free plugmon style skin included.
+1: I love plugmon´s eclipse skin, it makes so much more sense to me than the original GUI.
+2 same, it addresses all the things I wish it had (such as keyboard hide, Massive style modulation assignments etc) plus some improvements.

alexishere wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:53 pm
+2 same, it addresses all the things I wish it had (such as keyboard hide, Massive style modulation assignments etc) plus some improvements.
+3, I like it much better than original

DP :phones:

keel wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:10 pm
alexishere wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:53 pm
+3, I like it much better than original
+4 i hate the hexagon and love all the plugmon skins

Wow, that plugmon skin actually got me a lot more interested in Hive. :help: :D

Return to “Instruments”