Komplete Insanity

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Komplete 14

It seems to me there is no free Komplete Kontrol software outside of getting it with one of their controllers.
Due in February, there is no download link at their site. I suppose they're revamping it.

I remember not liking it at all, but I don't have any specific recollections of why. I never bought Komplete, over the years I have too many things to make Komplete worth its price tag, except this year when the upgrade was half-price, and I had another thing to weigh it against which was so completely different than the usual, and I had to choose before its Intro price expired.

I literally do not have a non-NI synth product. Unless you call Trilian a synth.

I find KK to be a much better way of accessing Reaktor instruments than actually using Reaktor itself. Same thing for my Kontakt libraries which are basically romplers in as much as how i use them. Preset browsing is a lot easier with the Massive style tagging system that KK uses.

If this update means that the macros will consistently correspond to those on my keyboard and Push that would be a huge improvement in usability.

aMUSEd wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:32 pmI agree about the resizing but you can browse by plugin, and plugin banks can also have sub banks so you can narrow browsing down to specific libaries too. Also you can search all Reaktor patches, just select Reaktor as the plugin then either search all or browse down to specific ensembles to search just the presets for that one. I think you are just referring to browsing by categories where you select a specific tag and end up with a list say of all basses, there to see the plugin and bank each patch is from you need to have the edit window open in the browser; granted you can't do that from the hardware though but the point is there is more than one way to browse so it's more flexible than it sounds. Also I tend to use categories to narrow down a search once I've selected a particular plugin rather than try to use it in a completely top down fashion.
As far as I can tell, searching Reaktor only searches the plugins in the core library, not stuff like Monark and other additional Reaktor libraries.

The Edit window doesn't really help. For one thing, it even further reduces the real estate so you can't even see all the tags any more as well as only 3 results:

Moreover, it doesn't solve the problem of needing to see all the results of one plugin in a group. You can't have it as a field in the the search results - you'd have to manually scroll down one by one looking in the edit window for all the results from any one given plugin. Madness.

The further madness of the real estate thing is that the window resizes to be pretty big automatically if the loaded UI is big, then contracts to be tiny if it isn't.

I honestly thought these problems would have been addressed in 1.1 they were so blindingly obvious. Nope. With each new release my mind is further boggled at the stupidity on display here.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Komplete Start is out today. Looks like it has some new things like Lazerbass, Carbon 2 and Newscool

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/p ... ete-start/
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

That‘s kompletely insane!

mutantdog wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:56 pm I find KK to be a much better way of accessing Reaktor instruments than actually using Reaktor itself. Same thing for my Kontakt libraries which are basically romplers in as much as how i use them. Preset browsing is a lot easier with the Massive style tagging system that KK uses.

If this update means that the macros will consistently correspond to those on my keyboard and Push that would be a huge improvement in usability.
It truly is insane that the order of the komplete macros changes from preset to preset. So it can’t be assigned in a predictable way to any other controllers. I think they are going to allow it to be used with other controllers now by using midi assignments as opposed to doing the sensible thing and actually have them be in the correct order as automation controls.

v1o wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:32 am Komplete Start is out today. Looks like it has some new things like Lazerbass, Carbon 2 and Newscool

they've been included in reaktor for years and have such a small gui that on 4k it's just not worth it.

Mmh... do i miss something? Just added Komplete Start to my account, but, don't see the products, neither in my account nor in Native Access...

Nevermind... got them. Just took a while. :)

I added it yesterday and still have nothing. Guess I'll try again.
Image Image Image Image

Yeah, give it a try. This is what it says on NI's website:
Please note: We're getting A LOT of traffic at the moment, so it might take longer than expected until KOMPLETE START shows up in your account. This temporary issue will be fixed soon. Thanks!

It said that yesterday too. The joys of launching a product on a Friday. I don't know why they couldn't just have a serial number request form like every other time.
Image Image Image Image

Good question. Maybe they're in for some bandwith/traffic testing on their website. :D

wickfut wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:49 pm
v1o wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:32 am Komplete Start is out today. Looks like it has some new things like Lazerbass, Carbon 2 and Newscool

they've been included in reaktor for years and have such a small gui that on 4k it's just not worth it.
Ok I didn’t know. I’ve never fully explored the Reaktor library I tend to build my own ensembles. Anyway they’re marketing them as if they’re individual VST instruments now.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

wickfut wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:49 pm they've been included in reaktor for years and have such a small gui that on 4k it's just not worth it.
Reaktor Player has no access to the User Library, so for people without Reaktor full, they're getting some pretty good selections for free. Of course anyone with Komplete is not going to find much in Start they don't have access to already. There are selections from some of their expansions ("Play Series Selection"), that's about all the extra stuff a purchased Komplete owner may not have.

NI is increasing access to music creation for a lot of people around the world, and yeah, they'd like people to upgrade to a Komplete edition and buy their controllers, but it's still kind of elitist to look down on that.

Still waiting for it to show up :)
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Instruments”