Sitala drum sampler going into alpha, looking for feedback!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Cheers!

Thank you for this wonderful plugin. Been looking for this kind of drum VST for a long time! :tu:

andrei.tuduran wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:37 am Thank you for this wonderful plugin. Been looking for this kind of drum VST for a long time!
Thanks! We've got the second beta coming down the pipe in a couple of weeks (mostly focused on bug fixes and some additions to make creating and maintaining kits more user-friendly), and hope to have the final 1.0 release out by this summer. :-)

It would be nice to add some kind of transient designer inside. Looking forward to the future updates!

looks and sounds good
:phones: Music Loops - ProducerSpot.com

Maybe a 'bucket' feature for each kit piece, so you can gather all your kick (or whichever type) samples into a virtual folder that you can select from whenever you use the plugin?

Really nice plugin...

If I could modulate the parameters by velocity, and there was sample start offset, I would be using it. But it’s hard for me to throw it in a track because I know I will miss these features

onerob wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:52 pm Maybe a 'bucket' feature for each kit piece, so you can gather all your kick (or whichever type) samples into a virtual folder that you can select from whenever you use the plugin?
We've talked about that, and it's an idea that we generally like, but don't yet have a clear enough picture of how we'd do it to have it kind of slotted for an upcoming release. As kind of a half-way fix, the next release will remember the directory that samples are from even after they've been saved as part of a kit, so saving things as a kit won't break the ability to scroll through directories.

In my mind, ideal would be doing content analysis on a whole sample folder, and then being able to just scroll through similar sounds (and there are a couple tools that do that now). But there are a lot of cases that are tricky -- how would you merge that with the existing "scrolls through the current directory"?

On almost all of these things, we're often in the spot of thinking, "How can we do this with the least amount of configuration and additional interface elements as possible?" We want to up the feature count while trying to maintain the simplicity of Sitala, since that kind of feels like the soul of the beast.

stillshaded wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:04 pm If I could modulate the parameters by velocity, and there was sample start offset, I would be using it. But it’s hard for me to throw it in a track because I know I will miss these features
A question we've been asking folks recently when they've asked for the ability to adjust the start of samples:

Are you wanting to do that to clean up samples that have silence at the beginning of the sample, or wanting to do something more along the lines of beat slicing?

We're planning both, but the prior could probably be done automatically by Sitala (and would require no or only a minimal UI), where as the latter is a larger feature (we'd want it snapping to transients) that would be post-1.0.

Velocity mapping is also something specifically that we've got planned for post-1.0, but there only for sample selection. Up to now we haven't had a lot of requests for velocity mapping for other purposes.

scotchi wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:52 am
onerob wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:52 pm Maybe a 'bucket' feature for each kit piece, so you can gather all your kick (or whichever type) samples into a virtual folder that you can select from whenever you use the plugin?
We've talked about that, and it's an idea that we generally like, but don't yet have a clear enough picture of how we'd do it to have it kind of slotted for an upcoming release. As kind of a half-way fix, the next release will remember the directory that samples are from even after they've been saved as part of a kit, so saving things as a kit won't break the ability to scroll through directories.

In my mind, ideal would be doing content analysis on a whole sample folder, and then being able to just scroll through similar sounds (and there are a couple tools that do that now). But there are a lot of cases that are tricky -- how would you merge that with the existing "scrolls through the current directory"?

On almost all of these things, we're often in the spot of thinking, "How can we do this with the least amount of configuration and additional interface elements as possible?" We want to up the feature count while trying to maintain the simplicity of Sitala, since that kind of feels like the soul of the beast.
Thanks for the reply. I'm glad my suggestion is lining up with some of your thinking, even if it's a bit of a puzzle to work out how to implement these kind of things whilst keeping the features accessible and manageable.

Hi everyone,

I have been trying to install Sitala on the XP machine I use to run the latest version of Reaper and I keep getting the following error message:

"SitalaUpdate service failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services"

My user account has admin privileges on the machine and I have formally run the *.msi installation package using "run as administrator" and with admin privileges under the command prompt window but still no luck.

The installation works flawlessly on my Windows 10 desktop but that isn't running Reaper (no connected to any audio interfaces) so I'm hoping there is an easy solution to make this work on XP.

Lucijan from Decomposer has told me that they haven't tested on XP but that a new release won't have the Update service so I'm hoping that helps me out but, in the meantime, I'm wondering if anyone else might have any suggestions?

deleted
Last edited by replicant X on Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Each DAW has a different sound.

:tu: :clap: Asi llevo yo tambien mocho tiempo y no encontraba nada de mi agrada.Este drum va perfecto para Reaper :love:
andrei.tuduran wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:37 am Thank you for this wonderful plugin. Been looking for this kind of drum VST for a long time! :tu:

Tablz unad om a planom eegz ilk qa.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

debrad2169 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:01 pm Hi everyone,

I have been trying to install Sitala on the XP machine I use to run the latest version of Reaper and I keep getting the following error message:

"SitalaUpdate service failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services"

My user account has admin privileges on the machine and I have formally run the *.msi installation package using "run as administrator" and with admin privileges under the command prompt window but still no luck.

The installation works flawlessly on my Windows 10 desktop but that isn't running Reaper (no connected to any audio interfaces) so I'm hoping there is an easy solution to make this work on XP.

Lucijan from Decomposer has told me that they haven't tested on XP but that a new release won't have the Update service so I'm hoping that helps me out but, in the meantime, I'm wondering if anyone else might have any suggestions?
También me encontre con problemas para que Reaper lo detectara.
Lo conseguí dando permiso de administrador a los archivos bloqueados.
Espero te pueda funcionar.

Return to “Instruments”