Sample Manipulation VST

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bliss

cron, :hail:

+1 for Falcon.
Sounds and presets for UVI Falcon "Iterata X".
Bazille soundset - Crystalline Textures 3.

For additive resynthesis, don’t forget Arturia’s Synclavier plugin!
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Renoise and/or Redux
Tal Sampler
Biotek 2
Alchemy

alex921 wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:45 pm
Kinh wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:06 pm What do you mean manipulate samples? in what way?
ping pong looping, blending samples together/layering, LFO's etc. For example Geist 2 does this very well, but I hate combining it with my main daw as I have to export stems, which kills my workflow.
Ableton sampler/drum & instrument rack combine to do a lot, if not all of that. Even though I own Falcon, I find myself working from Ableton's rack and sampler instead. It's much quicker and easier, especially working with slices. I find it's the same story with Kontakt too.
I doubt anyone will suggest any 'individual' sampler that'll rival Ableton.
There's Egoist which can do what Geist can.
Omnisphere is good for manipulating samples for interesting drones and shit.

but Id be interested if anyone else knows of a manipulating sampler that has the ease of Ableton. Personally, I dont see how one could exist. What problems are you running into with Ableton and why do you think you need something else?

Kinh wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:22 am
alex921 wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:45 pm
Kinh wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:06 pm What do you mean manipulate samples? in what way?
ping pong looping, blending samples together/layering, LFO's etc. For example Geist 2 does this very well, but I hate combining it with my main daw as I have to export stems, which kills my workflow.
Ableton sampler/drum & instrument rack combine to do a lot, if not all of that. Even though I own Falcon, I find myself working from Ableton's rack and sampler instead. It's much quicker and easier, especially working with slices. I find it's the same story with Kontakt too.
I doubt anyone will suggest any 'individual' sampler that'll rival Ableton.
There's Egoist which can do what Geist can.
Omnisphere is good for manipulating samples for interesting drones and shit.

but Id be interested if anyone else knows of a manipulating sampler that has the ease of Ableton. Personally, I dont see how one could exist. What problems are you running into with Ableton and why do you think you need something else?
Ping pong looping is a bit limited, especially for slicing a break, this occurs mostly with hihats. Renoise deals thiis with his at another level as you able to expand the loop region so it doesn't click when transponsing up or down. Also I dont really like the warping features. Also i miss polyphony within Sampler, for example when i play 16th notes within rapid succesion, the sampler goes back to it's starting point and thus doesn't play the whole sample. This is obvious offcourse, cause I send 16th notes to the Sample, but if i'd compare it with Bitwigs sampler its very cool sounding how it deals with polyphony.

NI Form

Yeah... NI Form is pretty interesting.

These days I am mainly using Bitwig's Sampler. Very fast and powerful.

NI Form have some weak points and bugs same as other instruments but overall it is very capable synth with very nice and logical interface. Every parameter can be modulated that means you can modulate modulated parameter. But those slider for modulation should be bigger, they are too small compared to rest of UI. You can create multiple presets inside one instance and keyswitch between them or use them as layers. It is really rare to find synth that you start and you can make you own preset right away without spending too much time learning the synth. One of the best for me regarding sample manipulation with ease.

TrojakEW wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:47 am NI Form have some weak points and bugs same as other instruments but overall it is very capable synth with very nice and logical interface...
Its weakest point being to force the users to install the Reaktor or the Reaktor Player to be able to run it... Even if you don't need the Player for any other thing beside that :roll:

Form would probably be in my toolbox if it was a normal plugin you can use just like any other normal plugin, but because of that it's disqualified.

I'd like to mention what I'm exactly looking for:

https://youtu.be/8xFyetVK01M?t=17 (song throughout)

The sample is stolen from this track:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1GaeoNpqvs (Intro)

Don't mind the examples if it's not your thing. Back to my question, it seems they sped up the sample, but I think they applied other effects to, because the bells and whistles are missing. Is this just EQ'ing?

And on a side note: the effects from U-HE sound cool, I bet they can get transform samples in a nice way as wel. Does anyone know such other effects which sound good for making unique samples?

Melodyne
Unbookmarked

Dillinger wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:00 am Melodyne
Unbookmarked
That's not very creative.

alex921 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:59 pm
Dillinger wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:00 am Melodyne
Unbookmarked
That's not very creative.
You are the one who should be creative, not the tools.

Return to “Instruments”