Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

EvilDragon wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:04 pm
db3 wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:59 amI also don't think it's possible to switch off all voices (and therefore CPU load), when the plugin is only used for preset recall and editing with System 1/8.
That should absolutely be possible.
You can deactivate the plugin in the DAW and it will send/receive presets still.
dedication to flying

rod_zero wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:30 am
EvilDragon wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:04 pm
db3 wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:59 amI also don't think it's possible to switch off all voices (and therefore CPU load), when the plugin is only used for preset recall and editing with System 1/8.
That should absolutely be possible.
You can deactivate the plugin in the DAW and it will send/receive presets still.
I only had an S8 for a short time, and it was a while back, but what I wanted to do was use the plugin version for total recall and real time control. Perhaps I could have found a workaround, but it worked perfectly in this respect other than not being able to select zero voices in the options. Seemed a no brainer given you can already select max number of voices with the polysynths.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:10 pm FYI, I’ve been in contact with Roland support, who has been in contact with Roland cloud support apparently, and it is looking likely that the Roland plugout licenses will be transferable to the cloud versions soon.
It's taken a while!
I'm hoping, as someone who has purchased a few of the plugouts before the RC existed, that they would become perpetual licenses and join the 2 I already have from the recent promo.
That would be the ideal outcome, but wonder what will actually happen.

Has anyone found that not all parameters in Roland cloud VST's are detected when you use Ableton Configuration button to capture and assign their parameters to a midi controller?

For Example on the Roland JV 1080 VST under its MFX Tab and then Auto Wah, these settings are not picked up by Ableton while adjusting them in abletons configuration mode.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Does anyone know how you switch a partial from oscillator to pcm in the D50 plugin?

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:12 am Does anyone know how you switch a partial from oscillator to pcm in the D50 plugin?
Do you mean - Common Select (Lower/Upper), Structure slider?

Look at the picture at the bottom of the panel which shows what the various combos on the slider mean (S+S, P+P etc)

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:12 am Does anyone know how you switch a partial from oscillator to pcm in the D50 plugin?
You choose a structure you want, then work within that. If you want a different combination, choose a different structure.

Got it, thanks guys. I'm new to the D50. ;)

daeus wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:02 pm Has anyone found that not all parameters in Roland cloud VST's are detected when you use Ableton Configuration button to capture and assign their parameters to a midi controller?

For Example on the Roland JV 1080 VST under its MFX Tab and then Auto Wah, these settings are not picked up by Ableton while adjusting them in abletons configuration mode.
I've actually found that most of the plugins expose all parameters to the host. However yeah the JV 1080 is missing lots and lots.

Iva wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:01 pm Exactly what I did. They refused to provide the link without active subscription
Have you gotten anywhere with this?

Their website has “subscribe to download” on all the links. How is a person supposed to manage their “owned forever” plug-ins if they cannot install the required manager software without a current subscription?
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

It is a silly policy from them, imo. I don't even know why they do this, it's not like you can even download the instruments without a valid subscription these days, even if you do have the Cloud Manager.

However, if you really need it, there's nothing to stop you signing up for a new trial account with a temporary email address to get access to the download link for the Cloud Manager.

Iva wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:01 pm Exactly what I did. They refused to provide the link without active subscription
To update or re-install the reward instruments without a subscription, you have to maintain a copy of Roland Cloud Manager on your machine, because you can't install Cloud Manager without an active subscription, although you can update it without one. So, don't delete Cloud Manager if you have reward instruments. This is part of "maintaining an active Roland Cloud account".

If you need to reinstall Cloud Manager, you can either resubscribe, download it, and then cancel the subscription in the first seven days for a full refund, or you can fill out a ticket on the Roland Cloud page and explain your situation, and get a 24-hour trial to re-download it.

You can now actually download Roland Cloud Manager without signing in to the website:

https://www.rolandcloud.com/catalog/ess ... ud-manager

I don’t see how. Just as always, if you’re not signed in, the download links are hidden and just say “Subscribe to download” and take you to the sign up page - ie nothing has changed...

The links in the downloads section look for a subscription but the download button on the banner links to the installer.
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Instruments”