Changes in IK Multimedia license transfer policy?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is it true that a serial can be transferred only once and then it becomes NFR? I was trying to sell Miroslav Philharmonik and the IK support told me I can't do it because I already bought it from someone. I couldn't find any info on the NFR policy on their website.
Last edited by szurcio on Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

szurcio wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:07 pm Is it true that a serial can be transferred only once and then it becomes NFR? I was trying to sell Miroslav Philharmonik and the IK support told me I can't do it because I already bought it from someone. I couldn't find any info on the NFR policy on their website.
I found this:

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/legal/inde ... -agreement

Not for Resale Version.
If the “IK Multimedia Product” is labeled “Not for Resale” or “NFR” or “Evaluation Copy”, then, notwithstanding other sections of this EULA, you may not sell, or otherwise transfer the “IK Multimedia Product”.

Yes, but my license was not labeled NFR.

Interesting, could you please post or PM your ticket number so I can look into this?

szurcio wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:56 pm Yes, but my license was not labeled NFR.
But you said you bought it from someone, so wouldn't it be NFR? Maybe it wasn't labeled that way but that sounds like what it is.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:25 pm Interesting, could you please post or PM your ticket number so I can look into this?
PM'ed

szurcio wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:19 pm
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:25 pm Interesting, could you please post or PM your ticket number so I can look into this?
PM'ed
Got it, thanks. Will take a look.

szurcio wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:07 pm Is it true that a serial can be transferred only once and then it becomes NFR? I was trying to sell Miroslav Philharmonik and the IK support told me I can't do it because I already bought it from someone. I couldn't find any info on the NFR policy on their website.
I'm in the exact same situation than you. Today I received the same answer regarding a license transfer of Classik Studio Reverb. I haven't heard anything about NFR licenses on IKM products until now.

Yes, this is clearly one of those "we'll just change the rules midstream" deals. That does wonders for customer relations.

Checking my account, I have several items that went from transferable to NFR (essentially) overnight.

They should post this on the IK page somewhere or let people know in the dozen or so emails they send each week.

Not cool, IK.

There have been no midstream rule changes of which I'm aware. This particular issue has been relayed to our Support Manager.

in-hertzia wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:42 pm
I'm in the exact same situation than you. Today I received the same answer regarding a license transfer of Classik Studio Reverb. I haven't heard anything about NFR licenses on IKM products until now.
Did you get the same response?
"This is because you obtained this serial number via Serial transfer. This serial number cannot be transferred again." They have now closed my support ticket without providing any further details.

"It appears that this license was obtained via a License Transfer already, which means that it cannot be transferred again to another user. It is for this reason you are not seeing any 'Transfer' option open in your User Area for this license."

Yeah, not nice since they already charge users for license transfers - and no warning that they are changing the rules.

I completely agree with you. $20/20€ were more than enough to make the license transfers, but this... bad move, changing the rules without previous notification, as you said. I'm very disappointed with them. In fact, I'm not going to buy from them again if this is way they take.

We should post it in the "Vendors allowing license transfer" thread.

We saw the fallout from PA making this move, it seems silly if IK make same mistake :?

Return to “Instruments”