Cherry Audio Voltage modular

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Voltage Modular Core + Electro Drums Voltage Modular Ignite Voltage Modular Nucleus

Koshdukai wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:57 pmso... yet another Feature Suggestion here: Collapsible Cabinets, that would work like a "Reason Combinator", to make the rack more compact, once some of these cabinets were self-contained in a design-and-forget spirit.
+1
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

tonedef71 wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:53 pm
Koshdukai wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:57 pmso... yet another Feature Suggestion here: Collapsible Cabinets, that would work like a "Reason Combinator", to make the rack more compact, once some of these cabinets were self-contained in a design-and-forget spirit.
+1
Agreed. I made the same suggestion on the CA forum a while back. There could be a little arrow head on the upper left corner of each cabinet to open/close.
γνῶθι σαὐτόν

Just a quick question, is there a key reset option in the menu or is there a dedicated module or something for it? I want to reset the osc phase to the same point everytime it is triggered. Don't believe i've seen the option on the OSC modules.

Nleif wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:05 am Just a quick question, is there a key reset option in the menu or is there a dedicated module or something for it? I want to reset the osc phase to the same point everytime it is triggered. Don't believe i've seen the option on the OSC modules.
There is the hard sync input available on all the oscs for that purpose.
γνῶθι σαὐτόν

Well, this is really frustrating. I'm trying to use the Super OSC in poly mode. I've tried every conversion module and setup that I can think of. Logically, it should work but it doesn't. Is what I'm trying to do basically impossible? Can somebody from Cherry Audio let me know so I can stop wasting my time trying to fit a square peg into a round hole?

Oh, and can somebody please make a super OSC for polyphonic use? Thanks.

wagtunes wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:40 am Oh, and can somebody please make a super OSC for polyphonic use? Thanks.
I think you'll have to wait for a poly version of the super-osc. Looking at the speed of development I don't see why CA wouldn't produce one fairly soon, but we'll have to wait and see.
γνῶθι σαὐτόν

wagtunes wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:40 am Well, this is really frustrating. I'm trying to use the Super OSC in poly mode. I've tried every conversion module and setup that I can think of. Logically, it should work but it doesn't. Is what I'm trying to do basically impossible? Can somebody from Cherry Audio let me know so I can stop wasting my time trying to fit a square peg into a round hole?

Not sure why you can't. You just have to do it "the hard way" (in the OSC section), that's all.
If everything else in your patch is poly except the SuperOSC(s) then, for them, you need to use a "POLY CV CONVERTER" to get multiple Pitch+Gate pairs out of MIDI (because we're missing a "POLY CV TO MONO CV" module, btw), chain as many as needed through MIDI's "OVERFLOW" out to get more voices.

So, these will provide as many Pitch CV outs as you need for the multiple SuperOSCs (as many as voices you need)

Then convert all those SuperOSC audio outs into a single Poly cable using the "MONO CV TO POLY" and continue the Poly audio path from there on.

You can use another "MONO CV TO POLY" to convert all the gate cv outs into a Poly gate cable and use that on the Poly Envs, etc. or simply ignore those individual gates and use the Poly CV Out's Poly Gate directly.

I haven't tested if there's any difference between the 2 methods above regarding Gate, but I'm sure you'll figure it out quickly :)

Koshdukai wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:14 pm
wagtunes wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:40 am Well, this is really frustrating. I'm trying to use the Super OSC in poly mode. I've tried every conversion module and setup that I can think of. Logically, it should work but it doesn't. Is what I'm trying to do basically impossible? Can somebody from Cherry Audio let me know so I can stop wasting my time trying to fit a square peg into a round hole?

Not sure why you can't. You just have to do it "the hard way" (in the OSC section), that's all.
If everything else in your patch is poly except the SuperOSC(s) then, for them, you need to use a "POLY CV CONVERTER" to get multiple Pitch+Gate pairs out of MIDI (because we're missing a "POLY CV TO MONO CV" module, btw), chain as many as needed through MIDI's "OVERFLOW" out to get more voices.

So, these will provide as many Pitch CV outs as you need for the multiple SuperOSCs (as many as voices you need)

Then convert all those SuperOSC audio outs into a single Poly cable using the "MONO CV TO POLY" and continue the Poly audio path from there on.

You can use another "MONO CV TO POLY" to convert all the gate cv outs into a Poly gate cable and use that on the Poly Envs, etc. or simply ignore those individual gates and use the Poly CV Out's Poly Gate directly.

I haven't tested if there's any difference between the 2 methods above regarding Gate, but I'm sure you'll figure it out quickly :)
Did it. Doesn't work.

If anyone is interested, its quite easy to use artwonk as a generative sequencer for voltage modular in standalone mode.
In case anyone wanted to test their patches with say, fractals or maybe some cellular automata or the life algorithm.

Anyway, its pretty cool and since artwonk is quite old, it uses virtually no resources. :tu:
Although, it is fairly complicated to use beyond the available demos.

Also B-STEP sequencer standalone can be used to great effect with VM (just another sequencer I forgot
I had, maybe some of you do as well).

wagtunes wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:25 pm
Koshdukai wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:14 pm You can use another "MONO CV TO POLY" to convert all the gate cv outs into a Poly gate cable and use that on the Poly Envs, etc.
Did it. Doesn't work.
I just tried it with the "MONO CV TO POLY" for gate and it's working ;)

Quick dirty 4-voice test patch:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lw-hCLhYEA4

Koshdukai wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:29 pm
Koshdukai wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:14 pm You can use another "MONO CV TO POLY" to convert all the gate cv outs into a Poly gate cable and use that on the Poly Envs, etc.
Did it. Doesn't work.

That's nice but I can't make heads or tails of that video because the screen print is too small.

wagtunes wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:40 pm
Did it. Doesn't work.

That's nice but I can't make heads or tails of that video because the screen print is too small.
are you seeing it in 1080p60 fullscreen?
Isn't that big enough to check that simple patch?! :?

Koshdukai wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:42 pm
Did it. Doesn't work.

Yes but I have bad eyes. I'll figure it out.

wagtunes wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:27 pm
Koshdukai wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:42 pm
Did it. Doesn't work.

Yes but I have bad eyes. I'll figure it out.
oh ok, sorry then :/

If you don't figure it out by the time I come back home, I'll do it step-by-step. Should be easier to follow that way :)

Koshdukai wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:37 pm
wagtunes wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:27 pm Yes but I have bad eyes. I'll figure it out.
oh ok, sorry then :/

If you don't figure it out by the time I come back home, I'll do it step-by-step. Should be easier to follow that way :)
See if this helps then (made it in a hurry, sorry)

https://youtu.be/in8YjMSu-04

Return to “Instruments”