One Synth Challenge #120: SE PolyMod KX by KX77FREE (Voting Time!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks! I think I would pick EG if I would use it as a standard LFO. That's good to see :)

Ooooh, best tip, yet! Haha! Awesome! :tu:

That's just fine, but you now owe me a drumkit!!!!!

dB

Ok then, here's a first go at a few sounds... kick, snare, hihat and a curious organ. 8)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ha, I finally stumbled on the lfo depth eg thing and it looks like everyone stumbled on it at the same time! hmmm, according to some careful time stamp cross-calculations to the slack, something seems fishy :hihi:
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

Ok ok :dog: :dog: in case anyone else is wondering about the velocity envelope times: You need to dial up the Vel parameter of the whole envelope first in order to get any results with the small knobs.
What a shame ... I had hoped that the Vel parameter was for velocity depth. But control over envelope times is a neat feature anyway :)

Thanks T. I was kidding, you know that! I'll surely look at your approach to you kit elements.

Still not got my head into the synth yet - but will do so this week.

dB

WARNING - OT - but … a different contest here might be of interest …

https://www.mixagefou.com/

dB

SEPolyMod_ResetEnvelope.png
I was struggling to get the envelopes to reset for new notes - they were staying open and wan't good for long releases. I think I found what I need - if you set the Note Steal section from the default (Init patch) of Hard Steal to Overriden then that seems to act the way I wanted!

Though I'd share in case it helps anyone (sorry if someone already pointed it out).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ah you guys are geniuses. LFOS working. My first complaint about this synth is that you can't manually set every knob, so sometimes you're just hoping the value is set to the right number. Grr!

Some synths just can do everything so well. Torn between an 80s style action movie track, or a Boards of Canada reflective piece.

That's your 1st complaint?!? :lol:
...my first would've been that it does take a good deal of investigating to figure out what does what, even after you've found at what is what, haha.
...my main "complaint" is the Eg implementation, which is either mysterious or totally mad, because the Eg dial seems to just provide an offset to the envelopes, rather than a multiplier or some odd combination out of the two. Even after connecting the matrix like hooking EgF into F1 and/or F2, it still acts well... mysteriously, haha. I don't quite get it, yet. Needs more experimentation.
But IF it is how it seems and you can only multiply the values with the tiny dials on the matrix, then it's sad, because those cannot be automated. :shrug: :tantrum:
No less: The sound is GREAT! Love the quality and richness of it already. :hyper:

I have been setting the value of the knobs in FL using the 'set value of last tweaked knob' feature. I don't understand why you can't reset the knobs by double clicking, or alt clicking or whatever... Getting stuff back to 0 is almost impossible. I have been tweaking and then undoing in my DAW instead :D

@functionform Boards of Canada was also the first thing that came to my mind when auditioning the presets.

Most of the interesting sounds I've come up with so far have been from experimenting with the mod matrix! I'm having more fun than I thought I would at first blush. Playing with phase, pan, noise etc.
I want to figure out how to apply an envelope to modulate the depth of the FM sounds...

Btw, has anyone figures out what C is in the mod matrix? Judging by the colour code it's something related to the filter section.

I've also noticed the ubiquitous keyboard tracking sometimes causes strange behaviors wrt envelopes. I set them to 0 as best I can before attempting to do standard operations like setting envelopes.

Ranoka wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:26 pm Btw, has anyone figures out what C is in the mod matrix? Judging by the colour code it's something related to the filter section.
I think that might be the Filter Cutoff

Return to “Instruments”