Logic Pro 11 will be releasing later this year ? ?, are we expecting any major upgrades 10.5 ?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Logic Pro

Still waiting

I have the suspicion that 10.4.4 will be the last free update/upgrade for Logic. If it does go to 10.5 or 11, it will likely be a paid update. I'm good with 10.4.4 as is.
“The American fascist would prefer not to use violence. His method is to poison the channels of public information.”
-Henry A. Wallace

I believe they will keep the next upgrade free... because they are releasing a new Mac Pro this year.

pdxindy wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:12 pm I believe they will keep the next upgrade free... because they are releasing a new Mac Pro this year.
Jony Ive will make it so thin that Logic won´t fit into it anymore :D

Cinebient wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:28 pm
pdxindy wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:12 pm I believe they will keep the next upgrade free... because they are releasing a new Mac Pro this year.
Jony Ive will make it so thin that Logic won´t fit into it anymore :D
It's a good humour... but from reports it will be bigger so it can swap parts and be expandable like professionals have been asking for. Something more like the old Apple tower and not the waste basket... :lol:

We can only hope it is modular for users... and not “modular” for Apple to update parts each year for a modicum of upgraded versions to sell later. That’s what they were really stumped by.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

My fear is, it will force you to the latest OS X version which will create more problems as it solves and will ditch support for 32-bit apps. They rather need to pay you to do an upgrade...

pdxindy wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:33 pm
dupont wrote:LP 11 minimum requirement will be 5000 $ mac pro :D
1000 $ for the mac and 4000 $ for the shareholders.
It's worked out great for me as an Apple shareholder :lol:
Here, here, my good man. :tu: Here's hoping Apple keeps making us money.

Isn't Apple supposedly merging desktop and mobile operating systems? Or at least making them easier for developers to get on both platforms?

I thought I read that somewhere. If so, I have to think they had their own Logic Pro in mind.

The operating system will remain distinct... what they are doing is making it so developers can create apps that work across both

pdxindy wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:41 pm from reports it will be bigger so it can swap parts and be expandable like professionals have been asking for. Something more like the old Apple tower and not the waste basket... :lol:
My dream is they sell a logic board and say have at it, no tech support suckers!

Reality is they will probably sell some sort of modular that might even in some ways look like a futuristic small form factor synth modular with modules that pop in and out that are proprietary, that's my guess. With modern USB-C being faster than the PCIe bus on my 09 Mac Pro, this is entirely possible. So People could opt for a PCIe module etc. etc. It's "expandable" but it requires their stamp of approval, and in their minds less tech support calls, higher profits etc.

I love my non expandable 2013 Mac Pro. It fits into my backpack... I doubt the new one will be that small... I expand it via thunderbolt/USB 3... Graphics is not my metier...

rbx11 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:41 amIsn't Apple supposedly merging desktop and mobile operating systems?
No.
rbx11 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:41 amOr at least making them easier for developers to get on both platforms?
Kind of. They are making it easier for iOS developers to get their apps running on a Mac (as opposed to learning how to make "proper" Mac apps).

With Apple Apparently Releasing a new Product every day now this week any chance 10.5 will be one? :hihi: :hihi:

I can Dream.
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

Spencer Maddox wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:29 am With Apple Apparently Releasing a new Product every day now this week any chance 10.5 will be one? :hihi: :hihi:

I can Dream.
https://youtu.be/PNnqjbojqjE

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”