Changes in IK Multimedia license transfer policy?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm not seeing anything about NFR on any of my registered products. But if I remember correctly I've purchased everything directly from IK so that is probably why.

Is the NFR status prominently displayed somewhere in your account ? Anyone have a screenshot ?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:37 pm I'm not seeing anything about NFR on any of my registered products. But if I remember correctly I've purchased everything directly from IK so that is probably why.

Is the NFR status prominently displayed somewhere in your account ? Anyone have a screenshot ?
When you click on the "serial/license" for a product under the "My Products" section of your account, some have a transfer button while others are missing the button. Those missing the button are now presumably NFR.

Ahhh thanks I see it now. Some of mine do have the transfer option. Oddly, Sonik Synth can be transferred but Miroslav can not. Several can't be transferred like some of the expansions but some can. Might have something to do with the frequent "Buy 1 get 5 free" deals.

So maybe the first one you bought can be transferred but the other four you got for free can't. That makes sense to a degree.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:50 pm Might have something to do with the frequent "Buy 1 get 5 free" deals.

So maybe the first one you bought can be transferred but the other four you got for free can't.
Yes, that is it.
"The 'less-is-more'-guy ... he's an asshole." (Billy Decker)

MountainKing wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:55 pm
Teksonik wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:50 pm Might have something to do with the frequent "Buy 1 get 5 free" deals.

So maybe the first one you bought can be transferred but the other four you got for free can't.
Yes, that is it.
However, the whole point of the thread is that second hand purchases did not use to be NFR, but now it appears they are. Keep in mind they charge 20 Euros per item for license transfers, and these 2nd hand products were resellable before they flipped some switch and made them all NFR.
Last edited by jsp1979 on Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MountainKing wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:55 pm

Yes, that is it.
Except that I'm not trying to sell the licenses I got for free during sales. I'm trying to sell those that were transferred to my IK account.

jsp1979 wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:18 pm However, the whole point of the thread is that second hand purchases did not use to be NFR, but now it appears they are.
Well like I said for me Sonic Synth can be transferred but Miroslav can not. To the best of my memory I purchased both directly from IK and not in a group buy. I've got over fifty items in my account so I don't remember the history of them all.

But if IK changed the rules in the middle of the game it would be a pretty distasteful move :?

Again, the ticket about this is being reviewed by our Support Manager and he will also consult our IT department to see what's happening. I'm sure they'll sort it out for anybody affected.

I wish I shared your confidence. Of course it's not likely that only the three or four of us so far in this thread who have checked are the only ones affected. Having to check every piece of software every affected user has may take a bit of time. For example to find out why Sonik Synth has a transfer button here and Miroslav doesn't even though I don't remember buying it second hand and so on.

I don't plan on selling any IK software....now....but who knows what the future holds. :shrug:

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:05 am Again, the ticket about this is being reviewed by our Support Manager and he will also consult our IT department to see what's happening. I'm sure they'll sort it out for anybody affected.
So what's the policy on license transfer ? Do they become NFR after transfer or not ? :help:

i would be OK with an NFR if the license transfer fee was droped. but a fee and NFR on top? you might as well disallow transfers altogether.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Digivolt wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:16 pm
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:05 am Again, the ticket about this is being reviewed by our Support Manager and he will also consult our IT department to see what's happening. I'm sure they'll sort it out for anybody affected.
So what's the policy on license transfer ? Do they become NFR after transfer or not ? :help:
See my previous post, I don't know of any specific changes and our policies are posted on our site. This particular issue is being handled by our Support Manager and IT staff and those affected will get information about their issue from our Support Manager.

Any update on that?

@Peter - IK Multimedia, any news?

Are you sure this issue is still "being handled"? There was no communication whatsoever in my case and it's been almost 4 weeks now.

Return to “Instruments”