any future for MacBooks in music production ?

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The OP seemed like an attempt at baiting to me, or to give the benefit of the doubt, it intertwined dubious claims with questions.

I understand that people come here with questions, but I think sometimes those questions are rhetorical, as the entertainment is in lighting the bag of shit and ringing the doorbell before running off to watch from a distance...
Sweet child in time...

OP currently got 2 'mac laptops with problems' threads. Not even slightly suspicious. At all.

Was working on a project today, about 5 soft synths, total about 10 tracks, cubase average cpu load around 30% and cpu started spiking and audio stopping and computer almost frozen , misuse cursor could barely move, restarted continued working same thing started happening.

The only thing I haven’t tried is disabling JbridgeM , I’m using refs vanguard and few other old 32bit vst plugins,
maybe jbrdidge is causing all these issues

21B96A0D-F45D-4049-A421-5AD924BA8279.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Macbook M1 Max 32GB Ram Cubase 12

And this is what happens to waveforms when recording audio

CF16CEBB-17C3-47ED-95A3-2051BEA9F2A1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

samsam wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:52 am OP currently got 2 'mac laptops with problems' threads. Not even slightly suspicious. At all.
Yes, one thread is about my current MacBook audio issues, and other thread (this one) about MacBook’s future in music production.

Deep Purple wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:47 am The OP seemed like an attempt at baiting to me, or to give the benefit of the doubt, it intertwined dubious claims with questions.

I understand that people come here with questions, but I think sometimes those questions are rhetorical, as the entertainment is in lighting the bag of shit and ringing the doorbell before running off to watch from a distance...
Sorry I don’t understand your point. Please elaborate on it

TS-12 wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:26 am
samsam wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:52 am OP currently got 2 'mac laptops with problems' threads. Not even slightly suspicious. At all.
Yes, one thread is about my current MacBook audio issues, and other thread (this one) about MacBook’s future in music production.
The more, the merrier :tu:

samsam wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:29 am
TS-12 wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:26 am
The more, the merrier :tu:
No, each thread is specific to its title, yes there are some cross-posts by me that apply to both, but still are 2 separate topics.

Please, if the whole forum becomes full of MacBook threads I wouldn't complain.

aMUSEd wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:16 am I'm wanting to update to a new MacBook Pro or MacMini - not quite decided yet, but holding back because of the problems with RME USB interfaces that still seem unresolved.
What ?? RME ? I thought RME is rock solid on anything .

Wow what is happening with this world ,
everything that was the most reliable (RME and apple) now has the most issues ?

Does this mean behringer, nady and first act will be the best and most reliable audio brands lol

TS-12 wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:27 am
Deep Purple wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:47 am The OP seemed like an attempt at baiting to me, or to give the benefit of the doubt, it intertwined dubious claims with questions.

Rather than just ask the question I think you were deliberately provocative.

Less ports? Less options to configure hardware? It's scary to think what Apple will do in the future? The last MacBook suitable for music production was mid 2015?

What is all that based on?
Sweet child in time...

Deep Purple wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:18 am
TS-12 wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:27 am

Rather than just ask the question I think you were deliberately provocative.

Less ports? Less options to configure hardware? It's scary to think what Apple will do in the future? The last MacBook suitable for music production was mid 2015?

What is all that based on?
Based on apple continuing to remove ports (and optical drive), dedicated charging port, and only leaving TB3 and making laptops less user customizeable.

Before users easily could upgrade SSD and ram, now it’s all soldered in to mobo.
Why ?
because apple cares more about making laptops thinner (aka for consumers) rather than customizable and with all the different ports.

It seems like apple is trying to push Mac Pro for pro users, by making macBooks so limited.
But many of us pros want a portability of a laptop due to traveling and other reasons.

I’d rather have a macboook 3 times thicker but with more ports, and ability to swap ssd drives and ram easily than have a sleek looking thin cool fashionable MacBook Pro without the cusomizing ability and variety of ports

I think you're seeing a glass half empty, but what you wrote above is at least a bit less negative than your first post. I'm really glad I got a new MacBook late last year, and it's certainly a lot more capable for music production than my previous ones. I had to buy a couple of new cords, but that doesn't really constitute MacBooks going down the toilet as a good platform for making music.
Sweet child in time...

A T2 news story (at long last):
https://appleinsider.com/articles/19/02 ... face-users
https://wccftech.com/apple-t2-audio-problems-mac/
Maybe Apple will be shamed into fixing it after six months of reports on this problem.

It is nearly a month since I returned my i9 2018 MBP. The apple tech I spoke to on the phone said that:

a) As a musician himself he could thoroughly sympathise with my audio problems;
b) The internal forum that the techs use was full of problem reports with the T2 chip;
c) Apple were working on a fix.

No fix yet though, which suggests that it is non-trivial.

TS-12 wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:38 am
aMUSEd wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:16 am I'm wanting to update to a new MacBook Pro or MacMini - not quite decided yet, but holding back because of the problems with RME USB interfaces that still seem unresolved.
What ?? RME ? I thought RME is rock solid on anything .

Wow what is happening with this world ,
everything that was the most reliable (RME and apple) now has the most issues ?

Does this mean behringer, nady and first act will be the best and most reliable audio brands lol
It's not just RME, it's many pro audio interfaces, due to the new T2 chips.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”