VIs from Plugin Alliance

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thorn now live. $199 RRP, $149 intro lol :roll:

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... thorn.html

Is this really what the 'teaser' was all about? This is already available cheaper from other resellers than this 'discounted' offer from PA (even if you use a $25 voucher!) - why would anyone buy this from PA?

Presumably they're targeting the people holding larger vouchers?

It was available though resellers: I think sales got suspended shortly before this transfer. The product page at Pluginboutique has disappeared, for example.

The questions now are:

1. Will Dmitry continue to release updates to the standalone version? I see that the PA version is v1.2, higher than available on his site.
2. Connected to the first point, will there be a way to do a free buy-in to the PA version using the licenses that we have from the previous version? Would suck hard otherwise.

It still appears to be available at Audiodeluxe right now.
Last edited by MikeCallon on Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

95$ at JRR

I got mine or £58 a while ago. Are they kidding?
'and when we got bored, we'd have a world war...'

I presume that if I want transfer existing licences that they remain with Dmitry Sches, and not with PA ?

lnikj wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:19 am I presume that if I want transfer existing licences that they remain with Dmitry Sches, and not with PA ?
Seems so, but will they be updated in the future? Or are they abandonware?

Just got an email with a $19 upgrade to the PA version of Thorn

Just received a mail from PA that recognized me as a "Thorn v1" user. The code allows you to buy the PA version for $19.

EDIT: beaten!

So does this mean we HAVE to move to the PA version of Thorn for future updates or will v1.2 be available from DS?

Upgrade - lol. Pay to have a more restrictive licence :wink:

what a f**king gyp job man. abracadabra!

the software experience is really starting to piss me off tbh.

Return to “Instruments”