Dmitry Sches' Thorn VI

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Rivanni wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:34 pm
jksound wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:16 pm Thank you! Dmitry send me vaucher code :)
How did you contact him?
especially in a turnaround time of 21 minutes. :shock:
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

That's the thing... Dmitry is such a f**king nice guy.
So many keyboard warrior e-tards in this thread, trying to turn him into a monster. He's one of the most kind, helpful and generous people, let alone developers around... really, give it a break, email the guy, like a f**king real person, or send your hatemail to PA if you really can't untie your panties.

sqigls wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:49 pm So many keyboard warrior e-tards in this thread, trying to turn him into a monster.
No-one has done that. Criticism has been of PA's handling, such as the time-limited upgrade offer.

Maybe you should untie your panties a little.

ok, this and every other thread... theres a few

i don't wear any

sqigls wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:49 pm email the guy
how? for me, his website is entirely blank pages (with occasional attempts at trying to spawn dodgy 'win a prize' surveys), and i didn't actually memorise the email address of every developer whose stuff I bought.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:59 pm how? for me, his website is entirely blank pages (with occasional attempts at trying to spawn dodgy 'win a prize' surveys), and i didn't actually memorise the email address of every developer whose stuff I bought.
Ooh, how do I get those? I just wind up with the drive-by fake Adobe Flash downloads.

For email: I've got name.surname on Gmail looking back at my archive.

whyterabbyt wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:59 pm
sqigls wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:49 pm email the guy
how? for me, his website is entirely blank pages (with occasional attempts at trying to spawn dodgy 'win a prize' surveys), and i didn't actually memorise the email address of every developer whose stuff I bought.
You can Pm me, v'got the one used for support.

The one area I agree with in all of this is: upgrade path...and for ALL DS products!

I have no issue paying a small fee to get the ball rolling...yet I WILL expect some discount for V2 of any future products. Additionally, there should be access to PAST versions, at least for a time period so that no one is left out of the loop. (And really there should be NO time cutoff for the upgrade path.)

To some extent, I am almost grateful for this transition...not because of DS or PA, or anything related to them. I am grateful that this is not another Camel Alchemy debacle (not going to rehash again, I promise). Sadly I feel that event set a precedence for the way a company could potentially do business, and the way entire user bases could be eliminated in the process.

Neither DS nor PA are cutting us off. For less than the price of a good lunch (free with a voucher) you not only get an update, you get three preset packs, and connected for a (promised) more efficient future-proof path.

There are some terrible issues (the AU issue for MAC users, the doubling of plugins, changing of preset locations, etc) that will need to get sorted, unfortunately by us end-users, but hopefully will lead to smooth sailing in the future.

aMUSEd wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:29 pm Ironically I got sent the voucher even though I'm not a Thorn owner, assumed it was a mistake.
Interesting. That should give you Thorn for 19 bucks. :o

Could you try your code to test it? You don't need to eventually purchase, of course, just try if the code is discounting the list price.

whyterabbyt wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:39 pm
Rivanni wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:34 pm
jksound wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:16 pm Thank you! Dmitry send me vaucher code :)
How did you contact him?
especially in a turnaround time of 21 minutes. :shock:
Dmitry yesterday send news on my email ,about P alliance and Ds audio and Today i send message reply to him :)
Studio one fan
JKSOUND - Sound Design.
Soundbanks, Production and other music-related products.

Gamma-UT wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:03 pm For email: I've got name.surname on Gmail looking back at my archive.
That is correct.

thejonsolo wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:03 pm The one area I agree with in all of this is: upgrade path...and for ALL DS products!

I have no issue paying a small fee to get the ball rolling...yet I WILL expect some discount for V2 of any future products. Additionally, there should be access to PAST versions, at least for a time period so that no one is left out of the loop. (And really there should be NO time cutoff for the upgrade path.)

To some extent, I am almost grateful for this transition...not because of DS or PA, or anything related to them. I am grateful that this is not another Camel Alchemy debacle (not going to rehash again, I promise). Sadly I feel that event set a precedence for the way a company could potentially do business, and the way entire user bases could be eliminated in the process.

Neither DS nor PA are cutting us off. For less than the price of a good lunch (free with a voucher) you not only get an update, you get three preset packs, and connected for a (promised) more efficient future-proof path.

There are some terrible issues (the AU issue for MAC users, the doubling of plugins, changing of preset locations, etc) that will need to get sorted, unfortunately by us end-users, but hopefully will lead to smooth sailing in the future.
This all sounds very reasonable.
I like your sale pitch ( for less then a good lunch...) a lot better. Where were you when PA was trying to come up with a communication strategy :wink:

I got an e-mail from Dmitry Sches.

Since I was one of the guys ringing the alarm bells, it's only responsible that I balance that with his side of the conversation.

I wrote to Dmitry Sches yesterday. The tl;dr is: I don't like plugin alliance but I can probably live with it and the $20 fee, but the fact that as an upgrade path, my thorn license has been replaced by a thirty day coupon is bogus and inexcusable.

Here's what he said: For Thorn owners whose coupons expired, write to him and he will issue another personal coupon

Is this situation still messy? Sure. Is Plugin Alliance scummy for pressuring people with the prospect of losing the upgrade path for a license they already paid for? Absolutely. But at least DS will do what he can to make it right if you fall through the cracks, so to speak.

The time limit was the only thing that upset me in this whole issue. I feel somewhat better now

elassi wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:13 pm
aMUSEd wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:29 pm Ironically I got sent the voucher even though I'm not a Thorn owner, assumed it was a mistake.
Interesting. That should give you Thorn for 19 bucks. :o

Could you try your code to test it? You don't need to eventually purchase, of course, just try if the code is discounting the list price.
I can confirm that the code works. I got the same email and had only bought Tantra previously, perhaps the database got mixed up...?

Razzia wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:43 pm I got an e-mail from Dmitry Sches.

Since I was one of the guys ringing the alarm bells, it's only responsible that I balance that with his side of the conversation.

I wrote to Dmitry Sches yesterday. The tl;dr is: I don't like plugin alliance but I can probably live with it and the $20 fee, but the fact that as an upgrade path, my thorn license has been replaced by a thirty day coupon is bogus and inexcusable.

Here's what he said: For Thorn owners whose coupons expired, write to him and he will issue another personal coupon

Is this situation still messy? Sure. Is Plugin Alliance scummy for pressuring people with the prospect of losing the upgrade path for a license they already paid for? Absolutely. But at least DS will do what he can to make it right if you fall through the cracks, so to speak.

The time limit was the only thing that upset me in this whole issue. I feel somewhat better now
Oh c'mon. "Scummy", "pressuring". Just like Dmitry, they're trying to make a living. If you own a Thorn license, or any other license for a DS plugin, remember that you don't have to opt for the ugrade offer. Make a point for yourself. Renounce. Really, there's nothing worse than people doing something they don't want, and then complain on the internet about it. It's idiotic really. I wouldn't part with my money, then be sorry, and complain about it. You are responsible. Act accordingly.

Return to “Instruments”