U-he offer from Native instruments

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sorry for asking again but why is “Urs saying that quality-wise, RePro begins where Diva ends”?

The things learned and mastered while making and improving Diva,
were quite important, and Repro inherited them from the start.
A unified code base getting better and better :hyper:

RePriva V1.0 in 2021??? :hyper: :hyper: :wink:
Last edited by glokraw on Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

BONES wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:11 am It's unlikely that will happen, I don't actually use my hardware with my software. Hardware is for playing with, software is for getting things done. Although I have the bud of an idea for making it easier to use more hardware on stage, so it may change.
The UNO editor software turns the UNO into
just another plugin, for many uses. The arp
and sequencer are useful for playing synths,
and scales applied to the virtual keyboard
can be swept and played by a pointing device,
would be useful for those with a good aim.
Midi-learn on the UNO editor would make it
much easier for those with knobby midi controller devices
to make UNO sounds that blend
with Repro and other synths.
Maybe someday.
Cheers

Fleer wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:48 am Sorry for asking again but why is “Urs saying that quality-wise, RePro begins where Diva ends”?
If Repro's HQ switch was labelled like DIva's, it would have two setting: "Divine" and "Double Plus Divine". Mostly because due to extreme modulation options in Repro, filters and oscillators are oversampled twice as much as in Diva.

It's a strictly technical assumption though, soundwise Diva and Repro are complementary.

so in other words repro is sort of autoset on the devine setting? And then you can double devine it?
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

ATS wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:54 am so in other words repro is sort of autoset on the devine setting? And then you can double devine it?
That's right.

There is an exception though. The 2-slot universal ModMatrix in Repro runs at a lower control rate than the assignable modulation slots in Diva. Therefore the Mod/PolyMod sections of Repro-1/5 run at a much higher rate than Diva's equivalents.

Quite interesting, thank you :tu:

glokraw wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:06 amThe UNO editor software turns the UNO into just another plugin, for many uses. The arp and sequencer are useful for playing synths,
and scales applied to the virtual keyboard can be swept and played by a pointing device,
would be useful for those with a good aim. Midi-learn on the UNO editor would make it
much easier for those with knobby midi controller devices to make UNO sounds that blend
with Repro and other synths. Maybe someday.
It's not the hassle of using both together, it's more the headspace I'm in for different tasks. We did actually record a couple of Analog Keys things but a fortnight later, when I wasn't happy with the recorded sound, it was too much hassle to go back and tweak it, so I replaced it with Thorn.

I'm sure I'll find a few basslines or something for Uno to do on stage, along with MicroMonsta and Pulse 2, and I've already decided that if we ever play overseas again, I'll only take my Roli and the little boxes with me (plus my PC, of course). But for local gigs the Analog Keys and Ultranova are more likely to get a guernsey - Analog Keys because it sounds awesome and Ultranova because it's strings are divine.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Urs wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:59 am
ATS wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:54 am so in other words repro is sort of autoset on the devine setting? And then you can double devine it?
That's right.

There is an exception though. The 2-slot universal ModMatrix in Repro runs at a lower control rate than the assignable modulation slots in Diva. Therefore the Mod/PolyMod sections of Repro-1/5 run at a much higher rate than Diva's equivalents.
So, does that mean the modulation are audio rate by default? Sorry haven't read the manual yet!

Poly-mod section is audio-rate, yes, as is on original hardware.

If I already have Arturia V Collection 4, 5, & 6, is it still worthwhile for me to get the u-he bundle? Thanks.

arznable wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:08 am If I already have Arturia V Collection 4, 5, & 6, is it still worthwhile for me to get the u-he bundle? Thanks.
”Worthile” is very subjective. Here at Kvr there are people, who own a lot more stuff, what you describe, and they pull the trigger for the u-he bundle without any hesitation.
I purchased the Repro, not the bundle, because I own several quality tape emuiations, spring reverbs, delays and saturators, which I find overlapping the u-he bundle effects.

EvilDragon wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:56 am Poly-mod section is audio-rate, yes, as is on original hardware.

Just bought it! I could manage the money with just one dollar remained in my bank account (after paying the internet bill) :phew:

Now I need to delve into Diva and RePro and make some music (not just a noise!) :D

arznable wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:08 am If I already have Arturia V Collection 4, 5, & 6, is it still worthwhile for me to get the u-he bundle? Thanks.
As for the synths I would say definately.
The repro emu is on a very high standard. Diva is also very interesting. The latest synths of Arturia are good. The ones released before the SEM are less good.

They are also different flavors. U-he sounds very analog; Arturia quite neutral and needs some oumph added in the low end.

As for the effects: there are a lot of choices out there and U-he is just one of many choices out there.

My 2 cents

As the weird sales thread is locked I'll post something here: "Abgabe nur in haushaltsüblichen Mengen."

This phrase is written in almost any advertisement re. sales. You may want to remember that next time.

Return to “Instruments”