DS Audio joins Plugin Alliance

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i can swap my $19 upgrade code with someone, open to offers...

Well, ok then.. I "upgraded" Thorn.

*rant follows*

My first impression of PA, is that everything is insanely overpriced. I'm just really used to buying great, affordable stuff though pluginboutique.

I really like Thorn, and DS in general. I hope he now has the time to fix some of the buggy aspects of it that drive me crazy.

Mostly the LFO's, that have no "free run" mode. Or, sort of has one (initially) until you tweak a few things and then it suddenly stops working (really buggy). And when it's sort of working.. it'll get a random re-trigger, which is really jarring if you're just trying to get a smooth OSC wave (position) sweep.

So, I have to use the Vibrato instead. But that's limited, and also buggy, in that.. if you raise the depth too high (pretty much anything over 30%) it gets stuck and stops oscillating at the two extremes.

And.. maybe add an OSC FX dial to the Noise section as well?

anyway...

/rant :P
Last edited by progtronic on Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ryan99 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:51 pm
MikeCallon wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:46 pm
Ryan99 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:05 pm If anyone doesn’t want to use his 19$ upgrade code to Thorn V1.2, I’m willing to trade it for my 25$ Plugin-Alliance monthly voucher.
/*RANT MODE ON*/

If you're entitled to an upgrade code then contact PA/DS if you didn't already get one.

If you don't own Thorn then please do the right thing and support the developer by buying it, rather than trying to get a $19 'upgrade' that you have no rights to do.

/*RANT MODE OFF*/
Well, it seems many people got the upgrade offer, even if they don’t have Thorn...
Seriously? So they got themselves Thorn for 19$ or for free? :lol:

a lot of folks that had other ds products are saying they also got the coupon.

Dasheesh wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:17 pm a lot of folks that had other ds products are saying they also got the coupon.
Which is hysterical because I own Thorn and never got anything. LMAO.

No wonder I sometimes feel like Charlie Brown.

BONES wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:33 am
Teksonik wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:03 am Ok whatever works for you. I was trying to think of the last time I used a DAW's built in patch system (for external plugins) and it must have been many years ago. Probably because I have used several different DAWs so it's easier to transport patches between them.
Even DUNE? If there are more than 100 or so patches, I find it much easier to separate my own patches so that I don't have to search through them all. If the preset library is searchable, I'll use it but if my patches just get thrown in with all the others, then screw that.
Even Dune. I do separate my own patches into their own folders. Who "throws their patches in with all the others" ? Doesn't everybody create their own folders for their custom patches in every plugin ?

I always use the built in patch management system in any synth. That way I can use a patch that I programmed while using FL Studio when I'm using Dune in Reaper etc. If you only use one DAW that's a different story. Then using its proprietary patch system may make sense.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

wagtunes wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:24 pm
Dasheesh wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:17 pm a lot of folks that had other ds products are saying they also got the coupon.

Did you contact Dmitry at the address I sent you ? I'm sure he'll sort you out if you bother to make the effort. I never got the PA email either but now I have Thorn 1.2 up an running just fine. :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Distorted Horizon wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:50 am Seriously? So they got themselves Thorn for 19$ or for free? :lol:
After bitching about the morality of the DS/PA deal....total douche bag move. :roll:

Teksonik wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:42 pm
wagtunes wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:24 pm

Did you contact Dmitry at the address I sent you ? I'm sure he'll sort you out if you bother to make the effort. I never got the PA email either but now I have Thorn 1.2 up an running just fine. :wink:
After hearing about all the bugs in 1.2, I'm not even sure I want to upgrade. My Thorn 1.1 works fine and I'd like to keep it that way.

wagtunes wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:47 pm After hearing about all the bugs in 1.2, I'm not even sure I want to upgrade. My Thorn 1.1 works fine and I'd like to keep it that way.
Me likes that you're so relaxed on that issue. :tu:

Re. upgrading: You might take into account that you'll probably want to sell your license one day (though I can't remember that you ever sold anything 2nd hand here). It'll most likely not be possible with v1.1 in future.

Distorted Horizon wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:50 am
Ryan99 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:51 pm
MikeCallon wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:46 pm
Ryan99 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:05 pm If anyone doesn’t want to use his 19$ upgrade code to Thorn V1.2, I’m willing to trade it for my 25$ Plugin-Alliance monthly voucher.
/*RANT MODE ON*/

If you're entitled to an upgrade code then contact PA/DS if you didn't already get one.

If you don't own Thorn then please do the right thing and support the developer by buying it, rather than trying to get a $19 'upgrade' that you have no rights to do.

/*RANT MODE OFF*/
Well, it seems many people got the upgrade offer, even if they don’t have Thorn...
Seriously? So they got themselves Thorn for 19$ or for free? :lol:
This will obviously be a drain on resources. They asked the fee to pay for internal changes.
But if they send out the coupons to people that have no right to a coupon, they will loose a lot in the process... You just gave Thorn away for 19 $. Amateur hour folks.

So if I want to sell Tantra can I still do it in the usual way or do I need to pay an upgrade fee?
Signatures are so early 2000s.

wagtunes wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:47 pm After hearing about all the bugs in 1.2, I'm not even sure I want to upgrade. My Thorn 1.1 works fine and I'd like to keep it that way.
What new bugs were introduced in version 1.2 ?

If I can reproduce them here then I'll be glad to report them. Much more productive than simply complaining about them here which accomplishes nothing.

1.2 is working fine here so far. But if you want to be forever stuck on 1.1 then that's your prerogative.

Bottom line is now Dmitry will have more time to work on any bugs now that PA is taking over administrative duties.

That not only includes Thorn but the other great plugins that contain his code which he doesn't get credit for programming. Some of them could use some bug love too. It's my impression that he has simply been spread too thin to keep up with all the projects and run a website, track sales etc.

It may be hard for people to focus on the long run but to me this deal simply allows one of the most talented developers to focus on doing what he does best and that's write code and do sound design.

In the long run we'll all benefit........ :wink:

I haven't heard anything about Tantra. You can ask PA Support if they have any news:

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/sales.html

Return to “Instruments”