U-he offer from Native instruments

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

As I said, I don't know what NI's terms are in respect of this. We certainly expected them to be strict, and we'll check our contract in that matter. It might be a beginner error, as we never did anything like this, but it still makes me quite unhappy. I can think of better ways to spend my time.

Urs wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:10 pm As I said, I don't know what NI's terms are in respect of this. We certainly expected them to be strict, and we'll check our contract in that matter. It might be a beginner error, as we never did anything like this, but it still makes me quite unhappy. I can think of better ways to spend my time.
You have plenty of good will Urs. That is one thing why I respect you and your team so much.

In the end business wise you have always to assume "the worst". Everything can happen, and bundles being split up happened before.

I thought NI got your terms and not made their own on this matter. As they are doing their sales differently though, I'm not sure they incorporate third party sales with a special contract (or do they?). They have their Service-Center/NI Access where Licenses are always user bound after buying. When they sell through third parties their serials act as redeem codes and can be bought in masses afair, like an Komplete Upgrade Code, which are sold here often too. But a split up bundle is usually not possible with NI.

wow, just read that thread :?

im not seeing the "con" here though, which worries me. if he was making a profit (worthwhile) it would make sense, the fact that he isn't leaves me thinking theres something else afoot.
im not going to state anything, as im not looking to be sued, but something smells.

vurt wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:45 pm wow, just read that thread :?

im not seeing the "con" here though, which worries me. if he was making a profit (worthwhile) it would make sense, the fact that he isn't leaves me thinking theres something else afoot.
im not going to state anything, as im not looking to be sued, but something smells.
I don't think he tries to con anyone either. Apparently he think he's doing us a favour. My view is different.

yeah, hes like your goodwill ambassador or something in his mind :lol:

BONES wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:31 pm More good advice because the more I listen to the presets, the more I wonder if it has much to offer or if I am just amazed by the sound quality. So far I haven't heard anything that I think we could actually use, it's all very retro and unexciting. That could change when I see what I can make out of it myself but it's not the slam-dunk I thought it was yesterday and I've got a week to decide.
As I said, it all depends what is the music you make. FWIW, (and no, this is not knocking the U-he product) but in my case, they do sound too retro sounding for what I want to work on and they don't bring anything new to my pallet that I need which I don't already have. The only thing making me consider Diva is that I started tinkering more with learning sound design a bit and they say Diva is a better and more sane (and cheaper!) tool to use than Omnisphere. In my case, I have Pigments and will try to learn some sound design tinkering on it but still have my eye on the offer.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

BONES wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:31 pm
p.s. FWIW, i just listened to Zombie Killer. I think the U-he stuff should be totally up your alley sound wise. The Repro product for sure. It's ultimately a personal creative decision for you.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

With something like a deep discount on u-he items with individual codes, it's odd that no one at NI could see this coming. Most people on KVR probably knew as soon as they saw the promotion that it was a reseller opportunity. How did no one see this coming at NI - a company that is in the business of selling licenses (and dealing with transfers)?

yehboy1 wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:49 pmHow did no one see this coming at NI
Theoretically they can't be bothered. They're rather happy to sell more and more and more bundles. Want 10 bundles? Take 20! Eventually it's not their business that's getting harmed by hordes of private resellers.

OTH I think they do bother because it's no good partnership to profit from one party's bad luck.Hope they sort this out like gentlemen ("ehrbare Kaufleute").

Looks like a once in a lifetime deal for U-he as well, but I doubt they will sell a lot of Diva and Repro licenses this year after the NI sale is over. I certainly wouldn't pay double the price for it any more.

vurt wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:45 pm if he was making a profit (worthwhile) it would make sense, the fact that he isn't leaves me thinking theres something else afoot.
For some people, the absolute profit is not important, they are just here for the profit, independently of its amount. »Yeah! I made some bucks, I feel great, I am important!« Real world Ferengi, so to say. I don't buy the Robin Hood story. Those people see sales as an investment opportunity. Makes me sad.

Why suggest a motive that you can't be sure really applies though?

I wonder how many twats have a dozen NI U-HI Bundles and waiting for sale to end?
"Hell is other People" J.P.Sartre

I just hope the benefits from the sale far outweigh the negatives. Particularly when it comes to the larger user base U-he will have when things like Hive 2 and Zebra 3 get released, in addition to the obvious short-term influx of new revenue from the sales.

At the same time, I hope that a few people taking advantage of a generous sale combined with a customer-friendly redemption code system doesn't result in U-he having to reconsider their entire activation code system, broader DRM approach, or anything else that would have a negative impact on the broader, customer base. I don't expect that will be the case, but I've seen a few bad apples spoil the bunch enough times elsewhere to know that a small percentage of people trying to abuse the system can easily result in changes that adversely impact everyone (e.g. piracy used as justificaiton for onerous DRM - not exactly what's happening here, just making analogy). Or maybe next time there just isn't a sale like this at all and the broader population suffers that way.

Best case scenario is the sale is successful, and there will be some lessons learned about how to handle things to prevent unauthorized resellers should something like this happen again in the future.
Last edited by Funkybot's Evil Twin on Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chk071 wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:54 pm Why suggest a motive that you can't be sure really applies though?
because if it smells funky, i dont like it!
unless its cheese.

Return to “Instruments”