Mixed Guitar/amp plugin

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
fernee
KVRist
43 posts since 12 Jan, 2019

Post Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:22 pm

I downloaded some nice guitar plugins, amps, effects, etc. in Wavefront, But I hear my clean guitar in the track and behind the affected by the plugin sound (aka: distortion sound), I’m sure it’s something I’m doing wrong since I’m new here, can anyone point some solution please?

BertKoor
KVRAF
10921 posts since 8 Mar, 2005 from Utrecht, Holland

Re: Mixed Guitar/amp plugin

Post Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:20 am

Input monitoring on the soundcard. Disable it.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is back online!!

fernee
KVRist

Post Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:44 am

It’s a Behringer U-PHORIA UMC204HD audio/midi interface, an without the input monitoring, I can’t hear effects in the monitoring.... (?)

logifuzz-vst-plugins
KVRist
94 posts since 25 Jan, 2019 from Brazil

Post Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:22 am

What DAW/tool are you using to stack the guitar fx plugins?
"I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not too sure."
Checkout my blog: VST Plugins Free Download.

fernee
KVRist

Post Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:22 pm

Waveform 8

jochicago
KVRist
369 posts since 26 Feb, 2018

Post Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:38 pm

At the DAW level,
Not sure if this is your problem, but become familiar with the input monitoring on the actual track in Waveform. Look at the settings panel for the track, there's an option to live monitor.

Another idea, as mentioned, you could have the operating system playing the input and also Waveform receiving the input, so you have 2 versions of the audio coming out of your speakers. Before turning on Waveform, make sure that your computer is not producing the sound for this. If it is, as mentioned, become familiar with the audio control panel of your computer so you can manage the input before Waveform.

I hope that helps. Don't be discouraged, some of this technical stuff is annoying but you only have to learn every problem once :D

fernee
KVRist

Post Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:46 am

You are right Jochicago, I get the sound of the guitar in the system, even if I don’t have Waveform open, I disabled the mic input in the windows properties but it’s still coming in somehow, I’m working in how to use the Behringer interface JUST for Waveform, but still can’t.... keep you guys posted

Burillo
KVRAF
3183 posts since 15 Nov, 2006 from Hell

Post Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:59 am

disable input monitoring in Windows sound device properties.
From Russia with love

fernee
KVRist

Post Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:07 am

can’t find an “input device monitor” in windows 10, I disabled the mic in recording properties, but still can hear the input from the Behringer interface

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”