DMGAudio Multiplicity

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Multiplicity

DaveGamble wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:14 pm
plexuss wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:13 pm Look great. When I have a spare $300 CAD I will consider it. I recently bundled up a few DMG plugins and used my discount then so I no longer can get bundle discounts. :phones:
Err... you'll still get the discount if you log in before you buy! The loyalty discounts just add up. With a bunch of plugins already bought, the price will be a lot closer to $200CAD.

Dave.

yeah, this is so great - i wish goodhertz would do the same ! the fact they don't keeps me from buying more plugins from them, though i would love to !

Hi! Thanks for the kind words!
bmanic wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:42 pm This is the perfect stepping stone plugin for anybody who has learned the basics of dynamics processing as it covers the whole range.
Erm. The phrase "stepping stone" usually implies going from something smaller via <blah> to something bigger. I tried imagining something more powerful than Multiplicity, and now I won't be able to sleep. WHAT DID YOU MEAN?!?!? :o (Cue horror movie soundtrack)

Dave.
[ DMGAudio ] | [ DMGAudio Blog ] | dave AT dmgaudio DOT com

cfanyc wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:30 pm Would it be possible to create a video that showcases the special things that
this plugin can do that others cannot (or cannot do easily)?

Respectfully, many of us are swimming in multiband dynamics/eq tools (fabfilter, izotope, uad, waves, etc etc) so showing clearly the added value would be necessary for buying.
Of course! It's part of the plan! Any specifics you'd like us to work in?

Also, in case you're new to the ways of DMGAudio, there's a 30day no-restrictions demo, and we're lenient about extending demos, so you can just basically have it for free until you decide you can't live without it and must own it! ;)

Dave.

Wow that is a monster!
No brainer for sure, but I look forward to some vids showing what is possible.
ImageImageImageImage

Demo didn't handle 128 buffers in Reaper without crackling

DaveGamble wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:45 am
cfanyc wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:30 pm Would it be possible to create a video that showcases the special things that
this plugin can do that others cannot (or cannot do easily)?

Respectfully, many of us are swimming in multiband dynamics/eq tools (fabfilter, izotope, uad, waves, etc etc) so showing clearly the added value would be necessary for buying.
Of course! It's part of the plan! Any specifics you'd like us to work in?

Dave.
Thank you! anything that this plugin does that other multiband compressors/dynamic eqs
cannot do would be of interest to cover...

no upward compression?

edit: sorry, i just read the manual, there is indeed upward compression. Can't wait to try this beast out!

Well, it's less rocket science than I expected, sounds so smooth and pleasing...

Sampleconstruct wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:36 am Well, it's less rocket science than I expected, sounds so smooth and pleasing...
Are you finding you can "drive" the parameters and intuitively fine tune things musically? I find it very easy to do with this. you can get some really crazy fast textural/tonal motion going on! :phones:

plexuss wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:04 am
Sampleconstruct wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:36 am Well, it's less rocket science than I expected, sounds so smooth and pleasing...
Are you finding you can "drive" the parameters and intuitively fine tune things musically? I find it very easy to do with this. you can get some really crazy fast textural/tonal motion going on! :phones:
So far In only tried it on some instrumental mixes I have been working on for months now, they were all finished actually but now I might re-edit some of them and use Multiplicity instead of some of the other dynamic tools I had used. And I just totally enhanced a piano improv with it and was very pleased with the results.

woah, looks great! awesome work Dave and team! :tu:

acousticglue wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:48 am Demo didn't handle 128 buffers in Reaper without crackling
At the risk of this going unheeded as it usually does - the amount of CPU load you can generate without audible artefacts depends primarily on the configuration of your setup.
I say primarily because there are some circumstances where an application has inefficiently performing components that cause artifacts regardless of CPU load, just that Multiplicity isn't one of them, I can use it fine at 32 samples 44khz (0.73ms latency from the ASIO driver), which granted, is the full version, not the demo.

This info alone doesn't help you one bit, I realize, so here's a starter that helps you get to low latency operation with minimal snake oil (most of those guides are full of that): https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=131132

Don't let the choice of processors in that post discourage you, it only changes how fast your CPU meter fills up, not at what percentage you begin to get artefacts.

Plugins with long PDC times (generally everything linear phase) accompanied with low buffer sizes can sometimes cause crackling in Reaper.

Just tested out Multiplicity, it's a certified beast. Just shooting out a request here, maybe the team can think about it. For the "Ratio Below", I would like to see the option to go further than the maximum negative ratio of 1:2.00. Also have the option to set the floor to lower than the maximum of 24.0 dB. To go beyond these values might not be suitable for traditional mixing, but it's does wonders during sound design. Just a thought, maybe have the option to enable these settings in the setup menu like how you can enable/disable the safety range for attack and release in Expurgate.

Amazing release, will have to purchase it before the month ends!

SeeingInMidi wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:38 pm Just tested out Multiplicity, it's a certified beast. Just shooting out a request here, maybe the team can think about it. For the "Ratio Below", I would like to see the option to go further than the maximum negative ratio of 1:2.00. Also have the option to set the floor to lower than the maximum of 24.0 dB. To go beyond these values might not be suitable for traditional mixing, but it's does wonders during sound design. Just a thought, maybe have the option to enable these settings in the setup menu like how you can enable/disable the safety range for attack and release in Expurgate.

Amazing release, will have to purchase it before the month ends!
Between you and I (and the rest of KVR obvs), that's, like, what I'm into. But I figured 1:2 was a sensible maximum for what is ostensibly a mastering processor. Pref to GO DEEPER seems sane enough. Leave it with me.

Dave.

Return to “Effects”