U-he offer from Native instruments

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

IMO Urs gesture at the beginning of selling individual products from the bundle (in case of duplicates) was with a good intention to help the users and ease their worries, but unfortunately it is not the way to go. It should be just one serial for all the bundle and can't be split (Just like Komplete Select for example).

From the other hand, the prices of synths above $99 is difficult to grasp these days whatever the synth is. This sale shows the wish to buy with not few users that can't manage easily to buy synths over $99 (I'm one of them, but I can stretch sometimes).

Just few thoughts, some of you (includes Urs) might agree with ;)

EnGee wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:52 pm It should be just one serial for all the bundle and can't be split (Just like Komplete Select for example).
Yep. I'm sure they can live with the few resales of licenses though.

NI doesn't allow 'unbundling' of any of their bundles to enable individual transfers - for good reason. So does every Audio Software company I know (Sugar Bytes to name at least one example).

Like someone said earlier: They (better: someone at NI) must have known what will happen.Though I don't think their unfortunate 'sales design' happened on purpose.

True, being able to split the bundle is an additional attractor for customers, and it has been proved in no time that the community jumps on this 'god send' occasion. It is a steal for several individuals with various reasons to do so.

It's up to the inventors of the deal to iron out the flaws.There were mistakes & misunderstandings on both sides.

Notwithstanding a plethora of capitalist or communist conspiracy theories I am ecstatic that Diva, Presswerk and Satin are part of my musical canvas now. Colour Copy, Repro and Twangström were less captivating (for me) and I was pleased to make someone else happy with them. So thank you, Urs, for this wonderful opportunity to re-enter your sonic realm.

It is what it is. :)

I've been using Diva a lot right now, and it impressed me so much I also bought Bazille - it's something I've thought about buying for quite a while, but this deal on Diva prompted me to do it. Now I have 2 really great synths that cover ground I don't really have covered elsewhere.
Sweet child in time...

Stefken wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:38 pm
arznable wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:08 am If I already have Arturia V Collection 4, 5, & 6, is it still worthwhile for me to get the u-he bundle? Thanks.
As for the synths I would say definately.
The repro emu is on a very high standard. Diva is also very interesting. The latest synths of Arturia are good. The ones released before the SEM are less good.

They are also different flavors. U-he sounds very analog; Arturia quite neutral and needs some oumph added in the low end.

As for the effects: there are a lot of choices out there and U-he is just one of many choices out there.

My 2 cents
Thanks so much for the info, Stef and Harry. I have quite a lot of soft synths already, but it seems these 2 from u-he are really special and are too good to pass, thanks.

anttimaatteri wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:43 pmi wouldnt even wonder, if urs is cancelling the whole license transfer/resale offers thing.
No worries.

chk071 wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:54 pm
EnGee wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:52 pm It should be just one serial for all the bundle and can't be split (Just like Komplete Select for example).
Yep. I'm sure they can live with the few resales of licenses though.
Yeah but although the profiteers are annoying the fact is I was tempted to buy the bundle for the FX alone but then I would have had to resell the synths as I have them already so for people who own one or more products from the bundle separate codes is a necessity, and from a business angle it probably attracts more paying customers and offsets any minor annoyance with the less well-motivated resellers. 1 serial for all would have lost them sales from anyone who already owned one or more products.

But they can sell what they have and keep the bundle! It's the same if I buy Komplete, I would sell all synths and effects that already there in the bundle.

True, although I suppose that depends on how long they had them (may have to pay a fee).

I've just spent a couple of hours with Diva and I'm not quite convinced. I found a few presets that give me hope it might be useful in a few places, mostly presets with "TAS" or "TUC" prefixes, but my worry is that I'll only end up using it for one or two things before I tire of it and go to something else.

There are a few aspects of sound design that are a real punish, manually setting your unison detune voice by voice being easily the worst of 'em. Worse still, the results aren't great, certainly nothing compared to DUNE. On top of that there are not many options for saturation/overdrive and using the Rotary Speaker effect doesn't give great results.

That said, I do like the Bite filter, it's very Korg PolySix-esque. I also like the hard sync sound, it's razor-sharp and smooth at the same time (if you know what I mean), and there are some beautiful synth strings presets, too. My initial fears about CPU load have been proven unfounded - even with 5 voices of unison the sounds I was making never got over 25% and mostly they were under 20%. I've got until the end of the week to decide so I might change my mind again but, right now, I am downloading Iris 2 and it's 11GB sound library and that seems like $29 well spent before I've even installed it, purely based on a few demos. It sure is a helluva good time to be making electronic music, ain't it? I don't think we realise how lucky we are.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Urs wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:46 am
anttimaatteri wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:43 pmi wouldnt even wonder, if urs is cancelling the whole license transfer/resale offers thing.
No worries.
You're a cool guy, urs! It's really hard to not become a loyal u-he fan boy with your attitude in spite of everything here in this thread. 8)

Other developers get a slap on their ass for even considering breaking EU laws. :lol:

chk071 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:30 am Other developers get a slap on their ass for even considering breaking EU laws. :lol:
:lol: I was really only about the attitude. I don't want to discuss selling software here in general. :)

Return to “Instruments”