Dmitry Sches' Thorn VI

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

ATS wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:00 am I hate to see this dev get ripped off too.
They played it pretty stupidly, but maybe they have a way to blacklist the coupons that were send out by mistake. if you see that they ask 150 dollars a pop now and they gave them away for 19 dollars, for each unwarranted license they can block, they 'win' 131 dollars.
Then, there is also the marketing nightmare to explain people that they had no right to this coupon in the first place. :dog:

whyterabbyt wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:30 am
chk071 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:13 am Don't pretend you're fighting for anyone but yourself please, because, that's how it is.
No, that's just how misanthropes project when confronted with any degree of altruism.
BS. It's solely his opinion, and he projects it on everyone else. Just like some starry-eyed idealists, when they throw stones and molotov cocktails on policemen.

Thanks for the "misanthrope" BTW. Fact is, you know nothing about me. Actually, i could argue that it's pretty misanthropic to pretend you are speaking or acting for everyone. Or taking party for misanthropes. What does that make you then?

ive never used a molotov cocktail over a plugin :shrug:

What about developers? :P

vurt wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:47 pm ive never used a molotov cocktail over a plugin :shrug:
You should - It gives great analogue warmth to a track ;)

chk071 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:50 pm What about developers? :P
not audio devs no :hihi:

mcbpete wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:51 pm
vurt wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:47 pm ive never used a molotov cocktail over a plugin :shrug:
makes a jcb look pretty too :ud:

chk071 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:39 pmBS.
Nope, there's established psychology there. Cognitive bias.
It's solely his opinion

No, other people have that opinion as well.
and he projects it on everyone else.
Hmmm, not really.

Actually, i could argue that it's pretty misanthropic to pretend you are speaking or acting for everyone.
Yes, you could indeed argue it. But of course it would be an indication you completely failed to understand basic logic and/or the meaning of the word 'misanthropic,' and thus I imagine the argument you might make would be utterly risible.
And since Im not pretending any such thing, it would be utterly dishonest as well as badly argued.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

^ Soon as I read your post I f**king checked in a dictionary, no kidding.

I was right of course, just f**king checking.

mcbpete wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:51 pm
Actually the 'burning piano' preset in Omnisphere sounds crisp, if not harsh, and lacks in the low end. :ud:

Steve1974 wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:42 pm
Teksonik wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:58 pm On the subject of the actual plugin itself.....

Has anyone tried 1.2 and found it to be more CPU demanding ?
I confirm there's crackles on some previous "heavy" polyphonic patches. I wonder, where is the support now? Is it PA or still Dmitry?
i got popping and digital glitching with 1.1 DS version. when they went to 1.2 he removed the polyphony optimization. it's a heavier instrument. i think it's in the polyphony management. he knows it obviously and reworking it. it's a gritty synth. if you are an edm X eater it will probably offend you.

mrdoghead wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:23 am If people won't stand up for what's right
Is it right to charge people $19 for something they already paid more than $19 for ?

No need for sanctimonious virtue signalling

Digivolt wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:11 pm
mrdoghead wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:23 am If people won't stand up for what's right
Is it right to charge people $19 for something they already paid more than $19 for ?
Its not 'right' and its not 'wrong' either; its not on that scale at all. Noone has been forced to pay, and everyone's 1.1 version still works just as much as it did before. If someone doesnt pay the $19 then they have lost precisely nothing, which was their complete entitlement in the first place.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:17 pm
Digivolt wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:11 pm
Its not 'right' and its not 'wrong' either; its not on that scale at all. Noone has been forced to pay, and everyone's 1.1 version still works just as much as it did before. If someone doesnt pay the $19 then they have lost precisely nothing, which was their complete entitlement in the first place.
Well they've lost the cheaper upgrade path to version 2 when it comes and any support if something happens where 1.1 stops working (which is entirely possible)

aMUSEd wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:23 pm It would have worked but it was an obvious mistake so I didn't use it
Same here.
Last edited by Shabdahbriah on Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Return to “Instruments”