sadà\exposadà - The Sky is A Number [Ambient Industrial...]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

back to the roots of industrial?
ha!

simply made in cubase 9.5 pro with as basis a SEM V3, with a lot of automation, a MINI V2, with nebula effect, and two vocals (by myself). synth programming/presets also home brew.
xenoverb, with different algorithms, on both vocals. and one vocal line, editted manually the precense in the mix.

for the loudness war; the stealth limiter, within t-racks 5.

enjoy! or not!

https://soundcloud.com/sada-exposada/th ... s-a-number

I enjoyed the unique atmosphere of the synths.

The vocals sound improvised to me. I would prefer it if there were planned out lyrics.

Good stuff. :tu:

Frantz wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:09 am I enjoyed the unique atmosphere of the synths.

The vocals sound improvised to me. I would prefer it if there were planned out lyrics.

Good stuff. :tu:
thank you!!! yes the vocals are completely immprovised, although the lyrics consistent... 2 takes...
both used... i want to make a "fork", with editting, better placing of the lyrics and with the addition of female vocals. but i like this improv version too. normally the lyrics are written before.. and yes always a little improvisation, but more with accents, "sustains", other vocal "registers".

but i am glad to hear that yoy enjoyed the atmosphere of the synths. and: good stuff! yeah...

well here is one case where the production is ok, if not a little reverb drenched...
but the composition is a fail. i mean...no hook, nothing to grasp, it just sounds like a drunk dude mumbling
incoherently way down at the bottom of the grand canyon. That could work well between some real lyrics and vocals though. have some lyrics that say something like "when i close my eyes i see you very clearly but when they are open you seem a million miles away" then bring in those distant, heavy reverbed vocals for a few bars.

some of the angry sounding parts reminded me of parts of front 242's sacrifice.
but they alternate between more understandable lyrics with blurred heavy reverbed ones.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vh9q3TkHLd8
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Return to “Music Cafe”