U-he offer from Native instruments

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

chk071 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:30 am Other developers get a slap on their ass for even considering breaking EU laws. :lol:
It's more complicated than that.

From some law blog:
The July 2012 judgment in the ‘UsedSoft’ case stated, in summary, that the distribution right held by the software vendor was ‘exhausted’ within the EU provided certain conditions were met: that the software license was perpetual, that it had originally been sold at an economic price, and the seller’s copy was made unusable at the time of transfer.
As we use a simple serial number, it's impossible for the reseller to prove that he or she "made the copy unusable". Therefore, we, like many other software vendors, do not exactly fall into the scheme of the verdict of Oracle vs. UsedSoft - which I think I'm safe to say eben though IANAL.

However, as we've grown and as we by now have quite a few license transfers, some of which (unrelated to the NI sale) obviously fraudulent, we are going to deploy means to "make the seller's copy unusable" at the time of transfer.

Furthermore, we're thinking of changing the whole time thing, so that a license transfer is not possible until *after* the threat of a credit card chargeback is over. Quite a few people buy software with a credit card, then transfer the licenses, then initiate a chargeback and gain both the software and the money. That needs to be addressed, and we've figured out how to do that without punishing our legit customers :)

- U

FWIW, i never advocated for the use of the word "law" when there is no law that you can refer to. Just wanted to be snippy, because, it obviously depends on the vendor whether or not something is considered "evil" or not.

Love Diva and Repro so much (purchased with sale), I went ahead an also purchased Hive, separately. Pairing all those with Omnisphere, which I also just purchased, and am putting all my other "toys" away - except for my Roland SE-02. All of my synth needs are covered at this point, so it's time to focus the G.A.S. on drum machines/apps!

Get Battery, you will never run out of amazing drums sounds.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I solved my Diva dilemma (pun intended) last night - I bought Hive. Someone was selling it here for basically the same price as Diva's sale price and it's much more suited to what we do. License transfer was a breeze, which is always a positive so, all of a sudden, I am knee-deep in u-he stuff. Yee-ha!
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:48 pm I solved my Diva dilemma (pun intended) last night - I bought Hive.
Sweet. Hive sounds awesome to me, even if I don't have it.
all of a sudden, I am knee-deep in u-he stuff. Yee-ha!
Same here. I fell for the NI deal. Already had DIVA, but man... I love Repro, Satin and Colour Copy.
Holy hell do I love Repro.

Yeah, it's a bit scary in a way for me. For the longest time I had a $50 ceiling on plugins. I just couldn't see any value in paying more but, over the last 7 or 8 years, the quality has just gone through the roof. These days there are so many great sounding synths, instruments that will absolutely improve the quality of whatever you use them for, that it's almost a no-brainer when these kinds of sales come along.

I have spent more on music software in the last 18 months than I had spent in the 18 years previous. Literally. Our first four albums were made with software that I had spent less than $400 on. For the one we just finished, I probably spent an extra $400 or so on new things but since we locked that off I've spent another $300 or so - Factory, Cyclop, Iris 2, RePro and now Hive - so the next one should sound even better!

I'm currently reading the manual of RePro~1 and experiencing with it! It is really so damn close to what I'm hearing from Yazoo songs! I'm so inspired by it and so happy that I did bought it in this sale (Diva as well) :)

I like the sale, but it looks like some people are buying this deal only to make a profit by selling the plugins on the used marketplace.

Fixed
Last edited by V0RT3X on Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
:borg:

I don't like Diva at all but I bought Repro-1 & 5 for $149 from the Propellerheads website and must say it is nice for abstract space safari rich analog synth style music complete with generative sounds and sound effects. I have been so dedicated to finishing songs with all sorts of things and was turned off by the Repro presets I bought. Love the factory one's though. Rich and saturated and wonky and zesty. An autistic sound designer genius's dream. Thanks u-He. And thanks for Kontakt 5, NI. So many wonderful libraries.

V0RT3X wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:37 am I like the sale, but it looks like some people are buying this deal only to make a profit by selling the plugins on the used marketplace. It’s stuff like this that makes me kind of appreciate iLok.
Well, that's not good and a total low life move. Like geez, there must be easier ways in life to make $10 than reselling via paypal for fauks sake!

I think NI should do something where the U-he bundle you buy is mapped to a single serial code that's tied to your account on NI's site, same as how their other bundled products are sold. I don't know what sort of complications are involved, but NI are a pretty big company with an army in their tech sales dept, they should be able to figure something out.

I personally haven't bought the U-he product as I am still debating if its something for me, but I hate iLok technology and implementing iLok would be a total turn off for me.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

BONES wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:28 am Get Battery, you will never run out of amazing drums sounds.
Just curious, what do you like about Battery so much that is different than Maschine? I havent used Battery but been hearing lots about it.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

@telecode: ilok?
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

telecode wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:11 pm
V0RT3X wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:37 am I like the sale, but it looks like some people are buying this deal only to make a profit by selling the plugins on the used marketplace. It’s stuff like this that makes me kind of appreciate iLok.
Well, that's not good and a total low life move. Like geez, there must be easier ways in life to make $10 than reselling via paypal for fauks sake!

I think NI should do something where the U-he bundle you buy is mapped to a single serial code that's tied to your account on NI's site, same as how their other bundled products are sold. I don't know what sort of complications are involved, but NI are a pretty big company with an army in their tech sales dept, they should be able to figure something out.

I personally haven't bought the U-he product as I am still debating if its something for me, but I hate iLok technology and implementing iLok would be a total turn off for me.
U-he does not use iLok.

Yeah, wonder what that is about...

Return to “Instruments”