VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Surge XT The Sonic Transformation

Halonmusic wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:30 pm
Russell Grand wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:14 am
esaruoho wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:17 pm NEW:
32bit windows VST2,VST3 installer available at http://surge-synthesizer.github.io/
wahey!
:tu:
Finally! :)
+Many

Good to see a permanent 32bit variant added, it should make testing on 32bit a lot easier. :hihi:

I tried using the magnify feature with the latest build this morning but it cuts off on the right side. Is that a known issue?

DAW is 64-bit Cakewalk by Bandlab

ENV1 wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:40 pm
Halonmusic wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:30 pm
Russell Grand wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:14 am
esaruoho wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:17 pm NEW:
32bit windows VST2,VST3 installer available at http://surge-synthesizer.github.io/
wahey!
:tu:
Finally! :)
+Many

Good to see a permanent 32bit variant added, it should make testing on 32bit a lot easier. :hihi:
Indeed :hihi:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Did any of you try making the display a little larger? I was curious if it works ok for anyone else.

When trying to download the 32bit build i get a 404 error.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Nvm.

Examigan wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:08 pm I tried using the magnify feature with the latest build this morning but it cuts off on the right side. Is that a known issue?

Same here, using Sonar by Cakewalk. And I saw that someone else was having the same problem, on FL Studio 20.

You'll have to create an account at Github if you want to report these issues.

Steve
Last edited by planetearth on Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

Installed the 32bit build but the gui isnt showing. It uses energyXTs default gui for some reason.

new vocal wavetable pack for surge.
this is the first in a series of wavetable packs for surge i plan to upload. the next one
will be a pack based on the Ensoniq VFX transwaves.

grab it at the surge patches KVR area:
https://www.kvraudio.com/product/surge- ... /downloads

These are wavetables i made in audioterm for Surge from various vocal samples. they are 32 shape-able wavetables with 33 partials each in surge .WT format that should work in all versions of Surge. there is a template pad patch included that cycles through the 33 waveforms. enjoy! ~Layzer
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Halonmusic wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:56 pm When trying to download the 32bit build i get a 404 error.
there was one place where this could happen on the site, but we fixed it a couple of hours ago

Examigan wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:08 pm I tried using the magnify feature with the latest build this morning but it cuts off on the right side. Is that a known issue?

I get that issue when zooming the Surge UI in Cakewalk, both VST2 and VST3. It looks like the DAW plugin window zooms to the correct proportions, but the Surge UI expands partially and then gets cropped off to fit the original 100% area. So there is now a blank area on the right and lower area of the plugin window. Closing and reopening the window reverts it correctly to 100%.

In Tracktion Waveform, the VST2 zooms, but immediately snaps back to 100%. For the VST3, it crops off the UI when zoomed, same as with Cakewalk.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

esaruoho wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:30 am
Halonmusic wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:56 pm When trying to download the 32bit build i get a 404 error.
there was one place where this could happen on the site, but we fixed it a couple of hours ago
Cool thanks.

The 32-bit Windows build has the same file name (Surge32.dll) as 32-bit Airwindows Surge, http://www.airwindows.com/surge/
At least 32-bit REAPER finds/loads only one of these, might be a problem in some others too but I have only REAPER to test with (and Jeskola Buzz 32-bit as a sort of a relic, loads both plugins fine).
Both plugins load in the 64-bit version of REAPER as the file names are different (and 64-bit REAPER is what I use anyway).

Is it possible to get 3rd party wavetables working in the Mac build? Where would I place them? They don't show up if I add them to the same location as the factory wavetables.

Not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere, and it's only a nit, but there is a typo in the drop-down for the wavetable categories: "rhytmic" should be "rhythmic", I guess.

edit: i'm using build from Jan 29, 2019

Return to “Instruments”