GSI VB3-II

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VB3 VB3-II

well, British would argue with that statement. they're definitely not getting enough sun rays ;)

it's alright, no disappointment. I was asking you as someone, who knows his Hammonds. not as the competitor, but as the expert in a certain field.

but I can see why you'd be reluctant to share your thoughts. OK.

Version 1.1.1 is out. Some really subtle modifications to key click and the real "guts" parameters of a virtual Hammond -- and some other tweaks you can read about in the release notes.

I recorded a midi demo for myself using the Jimmy's Shack preset with slow Leslie to start -- just to see if I could notice a difference between 1.1 and 1.1.1.

It's subtle and incremental. But it's there. And it (well both 1.1 and 1.1.1 TBH) made me smile.
Just play....
……………………………………………………………
RD-700sx, Montage 7, Hammond Xk-3c, Receptor Quattro, Lenovo 720-13, SS v.3, Rokit 6, Neo Vent 2, Komplete, SampleTank, etc, etc, etc

Hi Guido. Congrats on VB3-II. It seems to be a fabulous upgrade over VB3 1. I was an early customer with Vb3.
Please PM me - I'd like to ask you a question or two. :)
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
Reviewer's Revival Blogsite | Facebook

Played around with v1.1.1 and I have to say: CONGRATULATIONS!
VB3 II sounds BEAUTIFUL and like a real instrument!
i7 9700K @ 4.6 GHz - Asus Prime Z390-A - Corsair DDR4 3000 MHz - Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB - RME HDSPe AIO + XLR balanced breakout - 2x Iiyama PL2492H - Novation Impulse 61 - Evolution UC-16 - Clavia Nord Lead 2 - Yamaha S80

Thank you guys, I'm glad you like it! :tu:

Brother Charles: please contact me through the official GSi contact form, I don't use forums PM or messenger or other IMs as these don't allow me to keep track of the conversations. Email is the only way I prefer. Thanks.

Yo!
Need your brain!
Got some problem with the software.So i have the standalone and the plugin one.The standalone working great,all the octaves etc.
But if open it in ableton then i miss one octave.It doesn't mean one octave i can play only 49 notes and the last 12 is without sound.It i have all the 61 keys playable but somehow and somewhy the whole keyboard is transposed -1 octave.All the settings and everything the same in standalone and in ableton too.Any idea?

Hi, I've been using VB3 for many years and finally had a chance to demo VB3vII. I spent a lot of time with it...despite the way too short amount of time between muting. But anyway I very much enjoyed it... however I was really confused with the fast rotary speed. This seemed almost unusable to me... it seemed a bit more vibrato-ish and very intense. My monitoring setup is mono, although it goes stereo to FOH, so don't know if that is contributing to the issue. And I realize there is plenty of tweaking possible...which I'll look into it more tomorrow, but I figured I'd just put it out there and see if anyone could give me any help or insight into this.

So I am unable to actually tweak the settings on the demo version to see if I can make the Leslie work for me. It says that the muting and inability save or load are the only limitations of the demo..but when I click on either the Amp/FX or Settings tabs I get a popup asking me to register and am unable to get to those edit pages.

Hey my mistake! Guido got right back to... the edit window comes up behind the main gui (and there is a setting to change that so it always comes up on top) and he also gave me some great advice on tweaking to my preference.

I wonder if you would share the tweaks as I have the same problem with fast Leslie. Also, I've had problems with the plugin crashing (freezing) Cubase 9.5 and 10.

@yoyobar, sure, here you go...

- increase the Distance parameter
- increase the Mid. Reflections parameter
- increase or reduce the Doppler Intensity just a bit

Also, a real Leslies lets a little portion of the dry signal get
through from behind the speakers, you might want to adjust this using
the Dry Leak and Bass Port parameters.
The Cabinet parameter lets you adjust the amount of wooden cabinet
that is mixed into the sound.

I'll give it a go. Thanks!

How many here have real Hammond 3-type organs and Leslies? I'm trying to figure out how some folks are acting so floored with VB3 II. And honestly it's not much of a leap from the prev VB3.

That's not to say VB3/II is bad of course, things were much worse not long ago. I like GSi and the products they offer players, but from a player hauling a B3/122 sometimes 3-5x a week out of the sims from organ tone to leslie sim AcousticSamples B5 is a far larger step up (all around). Easily the more realistic, recordable, Hammond-Leslie sim (seriously, the leslie sim is off the hook slow, fast, or stop).

VB3 betters Blue3 and Arturia's foray though (both of which seem aimed at buyers who've never even been in a room with a Hammond/Leslie).

Blue3 is also great, I think it's a bit insulting to the dev to place it like that, especially because he DOES know his Hammonds.

Also, this is largely a plugin users forum. You won't find an awful lot of people hauling Hammonds day in, day out. There are better things one can do with his life instead of breaking one's back. :)

EvilDragon wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:58 am Blue3 is also great, I think it's a bit insulting to the dev to place it like that, especially because he DOES know his Hammonds.
Also, this is largely a plugin users forum. You won't find an awful lot of people hauling Hammonds day in, day out. There are better things one can do with his life instead of breaking one's back. :)
What's insulting? And what dev would be insulted?

My question is for those who play Hammond organ.

Return to “Instruments”