Simple wet/dry vst?

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
lingyai
KVRAF
2162 posts since 27 Jan, 2011

Post Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:56 pm

There are times when it is cumbersome to to set up sends or duplicate tracks for parallel processing when a particular dsp plug lacks a wet/dry mix.

I'm looking for something wich provides a simple wet/dry mix knob for such cases.

I've downloaded the demo for Blue Cat's Patchwork, which does exactly what I want, but it also does more than I need, and at around $100, costs more than I'd care to spend. Any ideas?

No Reaper-only solutions please as I don't use Reaper.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_Van ... uNbgY-4qFK

I'm not the Messiah. I'm not the Messiah!

4tune
KVRian
930 posts since 7 Nov, 2003

Re: Simple wet/dry vst?

Post Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:21 pm

ddmf have metaplugin. It`s another chainer that can also do a lot, so your best bet would be to save presets (called graphs in metaplugin) and recall those from its right-click menu.

It also has the advantage of VST scanning over Patchwork. i.e. plugin paths don`t have to be the same if you re-install stuff - though this may have changed in PatchWork since I last tried it?

To use wet dry control you press shift and drag on the plug`s 'rectangle' in the main UI

Demo at bottom of page:
https://ddmf.eu/metaplugin-chainer-vst- ... x-wrapper/

it`s £34 which google says $43.85 (though +VAT if applicable to you)
https://www.google.com/search?client=fi ... 334+to+%24


There`s also Plug n Mix Chainer though that`s $99, I managed to pick it up in the market place recently so you might be able to do a WTB thread.

It also has VST scanning:
https://www.plugandmix.com/products/p1888-Chainer/

I`ll post back if I can think of any cheaper options.

Eirikur
KVRist
60 posts since 24 Feb, 2004

Re: Simple wet/dry vst?

Post Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:26 pm

Kushview Element is another option. It's like the Blue Cat thing; it's more than you want. I like the responsive developer and rapid update stream.

User avatar
Deep Purple
KVRian
783 posts since 9 Jan, 2015 from NY, NY

Re: Simple wet/dry vst?

Post Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:27 pm

Why not use a send FX channel in your DAW?
Sweet child in time...

User avatar
Distorted Horizon
KVRAF
1633 posts since 17 Jan, 2017 from Planet of cats

Re: Simple wet/dry vst?

Post Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:46 pm

lingyai wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:56 pm
No Reaper-only solutions please as I don't use Reaper.
Then what do you use?

SoundPorn
KVRian
558 posts since 24 Jul, 2018

Re: Simple wet/dry vst?

Post Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:27 pm

I never have to worry about this because I use Reaper. The only thing easier then they're drag and drop routing is the wet dry knob on they're plugin wrapper. lol.

mutools
KVRAF
9750 posts since 24 Jun, 2008 from Europe

Re: Simple wet/dry vst?

Post Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:43 am

You can also use MUX Modular to create a simple wet-dry patch and save it as preset.

ozonepaul
KVRist
70 posts since 18 Mar, 2007 from London

Re: Simple wet/dry vst?

Post Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:53 am

delete

User avatar
Distorted Horizon
KVRAF
1633 posts since 17 Jan, 2017 from Planet of cats

Re: Simple wet/dry vst?

Post Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:24 am

Distorted Horizon wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:46 pm
lingyai wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:56 pm
No Reaper-only solutions please as I don't use Reaper.
Then what do you use?
Asking since most DAWs have a built in device/solution to that.

lingyai
KVRAF
2162 posts since 27 Jan, 2011

Re: Simple wet/dry vst?

Post Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:40 am

4tune, Mutools, thank you both. I'd thought of DDMF, checked the product page but no wet/dry control jumped oput at me; thanks 4tune for pointing that out. I actually rate both the DDMF and MUtools developers pretty highly (have an old MuLab 5 license somewhere; enjoyed working with it.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_Van ... uNbgY-4qFK

I'm not the Messiah. I'm not the Messiah!

GNXT
KVRist
35 posts since 21 Jun, 2018

Re: Simple wet/dry vst?

Post Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:00 am

I thing you could do it with Nugen Audio's SigMod for $26 although it supports only VST3

Ah_Dziz
KVRAF
2482 posts since 2 Jul, 2005

Re: Simple wet/dry vst?

Post Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:55 am

lingyai wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:56 pm
There are times when it is cumbersome to to set up sends or duplicate tracks for parallel processing when a particular dsp plug lacks a wet/dry mix.

I'm looking for something wich provides a simple wet/dry mix knob for such cases.

I've downloaded the demo for Blue Cat's Patchwork, which does exactly what I want, but it also does more than I need, and at around $100, costs more than I'd care to spend. Any ideas?

No Reaper-only solutions please as I don't use Reaper.
I use Patchwork myself. It’s extremely handy for many things. Including adding wet dry to an effect or using a sidechain on a vst2 plugin in cubase without having to do the bizarre quad channel thing. You’re going to end up with some kind of sub host. I think that the fruity loops one is free. Then there’s metaplugin. You could render a new version in sythedit(free) with wet and dry added. Lots of options. Most aren’t free. I highly recommend bluecat. It works extremely well for its purposes. If you want to do really complicated stuff then you can use plogue Bidule.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Ah_Dziz
KVRAF
2482 posts since 2 Jul, 2005

Re: Simple wet/dry vst?

Post Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:58 am

What host do you use anyway? A version of this is possible in lots of hosts.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

4tune
KVRian
930 posts since 7 Nov, 2003

Re: Simple wet/dry vst?

Post Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:21 am

lingyai wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:40 am
4tune, Mutools, thank you both. I'd thought of DDMF, checked the product page but no wet/dry control jumped oput at me; thanks 4tune for pointing that out. I actually rate both the DDMF and MUtools developers pretty highly (have an old MuLab 5 license somewhere; enjoyed working with it.)
Yeah, the wet dry control is a bit hidden in Metaplugin if you don`t know it. They could do with adding it to the tooltip.

onerob
KVRist
273 posts since 28 Oct, 2014

Re: Simple wet/dry vst?

Post Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:31 am

I had Metaplugin for ages before realising you could shift-drag on the plugin nodes to set wet/dry amount.

Return to “Effects”