U-he offer from Native instruments

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

As I understand, Urs always stated to not offer big discounts to not upset the existing customers. Now he found the way.
:party:

Igro wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:28 am As I understand, Urs always stated to not offer big discounts to not upset the existing customers. Now he found the way.
:party:
Did you mean he found a way of offering discounts without upsetting existing customers?... Well, sorry but I have to disagree. :scared: I am pretty upset, because the company made a big deal about not offering big discount which convinced me to jump in very intro offer or every moderate discount. (Maybe it was myself who took the wrong idea, but I am pretty sure I saw many posts about uhe-do-not-like-sales both from customer and the company itself)

Another thing that annoys me even more is that the newly released ColourCopy and Twangstorm are included. I bought them immediately when I found their intro sales, and after just a few months (even weeks for Twangstorm), the never-to-come sale happens! :dog:

I am not as much upset about the money I overspent on all these plugins (yep, I got all 6 of them, and more which, I am also afraid, is gonna go on sale sometime) as I am about the feeling that I was kind of being betrayed. I trusted the no-big-sale statement, but then it turned back on me.

Enough being said, it's just my personal thoughts, and I absolutely DO NOT try to offend anybody. I understand this move of u-he: software industry is hard and anyone gonna find a way to survive. But I am really disappointed and upset. They just lost me as one of their loyal customers. (Not like that is gonna make any difference, everybody seems to enjoy this sale :dog: WAY TO GO)
Trance, Trance Is Life

In this market ALL prices are currently going down (never up).
There is no such thing as price stability in this oversaturated business.
We all should realise that or we‘ll be disappointed.

martinjuenke wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:53 am In this market ALL prices are currently going down (never up).
True, very true. :clap: This is a lesson that I learned the hard way. I have said to myself after seeing the u-he sale: Never, ever, ever, ever, buy anything without a sale offering more than 50% off. (Especially no more no-brainer u-he intro sale)
Trance, Trance Is Life

Well.. This will be remembered a long time and it's hilarious that people try to sell their spare licenses with way too big price :hihi:

BONES wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:46 am Really? It hurts my ears. It is quite harsh in the top-end, very digital sounding (and not in a good way). The bass is nice but when that lead bit kicked in I had to turn it down.
wagtunes wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:44 amRemember, some people hated The Beatles. There is always going to be somebody who thinks that something the general public thinks is great is not all that great.
Yeah, something can not be to your liking but you don't have to say stupid things about it to justify your opinion. Seriously, to say Diva is "lo-fi sounding" just makes you (as in the person who says it) look stupid. The sound quality of Diva is on display in pretty much every preset, it's the presets themselves that I found disappointing. They seem to deliberately go for that vintage sound, which probably gives the inexperienced ear the impression of being lo-fi, whereas they are just dull, unimaginative patches. I had several issues with Diva that stopped me from buying it, sound quality was not any of them.
I honestly think U-he has some of the worst presets but some of the best sounding synths. I hate making presets too which is why i mostly buy them. Although I did make them for some synths which I got for free.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

The only solution for not upset the buyers with full prices is to make these discounted prices for NFR licenses. It also would not create this bundle split thing. IMO of course! Personally I wouldn't mind if my licenses are NFR (as I keep selling and buying the same software anyway :hihi: )

Anyway, to be also fair, these prices are not so different from the 2nd hand market. I have seen Diva for $90~$110 before. Also RePro for $70~$90, so I don't think these prices are shocking for me. If I didn't buy them in NI shop, I would have still hunting them in the 2nd market because $100 is my limit for a synth or any software in general, unless it is a bundle or big DAW.

PraiseDue wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:41 am Looking forward to buying the bundle this weekend. I’ve never used any of the u-he software but I keep hearing good thing about diva.
The things about U-he software that stand out to me,
is that there is always something new to be discovered,
the controls don't get in the way,
and the quality of whatever sound or effect you're using
won't let you down. If bugs are reported, they get fixed,
sensible new feature requests are taken seriously, and there's
a lot of post-purchase value added without fees.
Few businesses function at such a high level.
Cheers

wagtunes wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:44 am

Remember, some people hated The Beatles. There is always going to be somebody who thinks that something the general public thinks is great is not all that great.

Welcome to planet Earth.
Yeh, well, the Beatles DID actually suck!

goldenanalog wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:50 pm
Urs wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:34 pm
wagtunes wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:27 pm
Urs wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:25 pm And also, less than two days left. Then life goes back to normal 8)
Urs, when has anything ever been normal at KVR?
Depends on where you set the bar... for me, KVR is like a bath in cotton balls after a few minutes of Twitter or Facebook...
:hug: I hope that kvr is always a comfortable home for you my friend! It has its rough spots; but you know that there are a lot of people here that like you - not just cause you great developer man; but you decent smart person too (caveman style speak)

Most of us wouldn't even think about a monetary exploitation of a 'design flaw' in a dealio, Urs - especially if it has the potential to hurt the dev. It's just not right. And I'm betting that only a few took advantage. Maybe chalk it all up growing pains? Next time you'll know. I'm still hopeful that the overall numbers effect of this U-He & NI thing will be positive for you - it went to several markets that apparently you didn't have a presence in, correct?
No worries, I think the sale did what it was supposed to do. I'm sure it'll supply us with some "growth" this year. I can definitely say we reached some people who weren't in our reach before. I think our customer base will have grown by more than 5% (not sure, I might be misinterpreting what people say).

NI did an insanely great campaign for this. They know their stuff.

hhuang9611 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:02 am
martinjuenke wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:53 am In this market ALL prices are currently going down (never up).
True, very true. :clap: This is a lesson that I learned the hard way. I have said to myself after seeing the u-he sale: Never, ever, ever, ever, buy anything without a sale offering more than 50% off. (Especially no more no-brainer u-he intro sale)
I think you also have to be careful so you don't keep buying plugins just because they are 50% off.
Buying a bunch of plugins and never learning them or using them in a song is a bigger waste of money than paying full-price for something you actually use every day.

However making a "wish-list" of plugins that you want and then keeping track of any sales is probably a good idea, rather than buying at full price. Most of us probably have enough plug-ins already that we don't "need" another synth right away, it can probably wait 6 months for a sale.
Last edited by AdvancedFollower on Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

jacqueslacouth wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:28 am
wagtunes wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:44 am

Remember, some people hated The Beatles. There is always going to be somebody who thinks that something the general public thinks is great is not all that great.

Welcome to planet Earth.
Yeh, well, the Beatles DID actually suck!
Heresy! :hihi:

Urs wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:39 am No worries, I think the sale did what it was supposed to do. I'm sure it'll supply us with some "growth" this year. I can definitely say we reached some people who weren't in our reach before. I think our customer base will have grown by more than 5% (not sure, I might be misinterpreting what people say).

NI did an insanely great campaign for this. They know their stuff.
They certainly do... I'm glad you got something good out of it. Don't worry, the dust will settle in a week or so after this is finished, and everything will be back to normal.

BTW: Will you be in Frankfurt this year?
Fernando (FMR)

Having no U-he product 2 weeks ago, I'm really happy to jump with the synth/effect bundle from them now.
Quality of the product is there.

fmr wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:42 amDon't worry, the dust will settle in a week or so after this is finished, and everything will be back to normal.
Yep, I sure hope so :)
BTW: Will you be in Frankfurt this year?
Sorry, but there's nothing left for me at Messe. We put our energy in Superbooth.

Return to “Instruments”