Bitwig Studio 3

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Biscotto wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:09 pmbut just the GUI of The Grid it's a killer to begin with.
indeed... really looking forward to the Grid

Spencer Maddox wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:41 pm I mean... there is a-lot of Bitwig FanBoys too, often with the chip on their shoulder of using the lesser known and younger product :hihi: .
I am a bit like that, Parading the unique features of Bitwig to my Buddys using Logic and Ableton :hihi: Although I still Use Ableton A-lot to be fair, especially the Demo to 10.1 with Wonderful Workflow enhancements.

I mean at the End of the Day, not to be Clique, all that Matters is the Music is Good. I mean someone could make an Electronic Anthem using LMMS. Or make one Ablulm with 3 different Daws, If it sounds good then who is anyone to criticize. :shrug:
Bitwig for me, is about what I can do with it, not what it can do for me. The second something comes along that allows me to push my boundaries even further, it's adios Bitwig.

In the age of loops and presets, the phrase 'if it sounds good' sits uneasily with me, I have to say, but back on topic. :hyper:

Hello,

just want to ask - if i buy the Bitwig Studio standard download version from their webstore, which is currently at 300 euro, do i get also version 3 when it is released ?

filterfreak wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:03 am Hello,

just want to ask - if i buy the Bitwig Studio standard download version from their webstore, which is currently at 300 euro, do i get also version 3 when it is released ?
Yes!

You'll get all versions released within a year from activating your purchase, so definitely 3.0 and 3.1, most likely 3.2 and maybe 3.3 looking at the frequency they've been releasing updates.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:24 am Yes!

You'll get all versions released within a year from activating your purchase, so definitely 3.0 and 3.1, most likely 3.2 and maybe 3.3 looking at the frequency they've been releasing updates.
Thank you for detailed clarification, mate! Seems like a great deal with all the things it can do. Infinite sonic worlds!

filterfreak wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:28 amThank you for detailed clarification, mate! Seems like a great deal with all the things it can do. Infinite sonic worlds!
Yep, that's a great way to describe it! Whether it helps you to actually finish projects or not, is a different matter altogether - peronally I'm always getting lost in endless modulation & tweaking mode ;) :D
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:37 pm
Yep, that's a great way to describe it! Whether it helps you to actually finish projects or not, is a different matter altogether - peronally I'm always getting lost in endless modulation & tweaking mode ;) :D
Yes,

i am looking for to expand my workflow with setting up new methodologies, whether it'd be learning modular software like bitwig or something else,

for me when i get into The Zone, endless modulation & tweaking mode during the small hours of the day is usually where the most precious ideas are given birth, so with all that software can do, i think it would be great

I wish I could try the Grid...but ..its not included in my 8track version...
Having fun/learning NI Reaktor I'm thinking
I should still be fine without BWS,
I bet a lot of ppl pull the trigger on BWS 'cos
of the Grid mainly and modular hardware they can use all together.
As for the Grid I believe...so much can be achieved in R6 with lets say Unfiltered Audio Euro Reakt 140 blocks plus ToyBox 130 pack and more to come soon....and not forgetting the massive user library.
Once BWS Grid blocks nr will hit 1k...ill pull the trigger...and with the possibility of wiring blocks with Vstis? Is this feature now available?..(only yesterday started reading)

Looks like modular daws are now becoming more n more popular - give it a few years and all daws will be fully scalable ,modular,connected anything to everything...
MPG X670E CARBON Ryzen 9 7900, 64Gb 6K DDR5 4x2tb Nvmes

AcrossTheSky wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:07 pm I wish I could try the Grid...but ..its not included in my 8track version...
Having fun/learning NI Reaktor I'm thinking
I should still be fine without BWS,
I bet a lot of ppl pull the trigger on BWS 'cos
of the Grid mainly and modular hardware they can use all together.
As for the Grid I believe...so much can be achieved in R6 with lets say Unfiltered Audio Euro Reakt 140 blocks plus ToyBox 130 pack and more to come soon....and not forgetting the massive user library.
Once BWS Grid blocks nr will hit 1k...ill pull the trigger...and with the possibility of wiring blocks with Vstis? Is this feature now available?..(only yesterday started reading)

Looks like modular daws are now becoming more n more popular - give it a few years and all daws will be fully scalable ,modular,connected anything to everything...
why not using the demo version? has it all. just can´t save all you r grid works for later usage in a full license version, which is, in my opinion A HUGE marketing miss,because the more someone using the demogrid and is able to save that stuff for the future purchased full version, the MORE LIKELY he will purchase a full license at all and which is much more important rather SOONER than later. but hey i am no marketing expert 11.
anyway it is how it is. at least u can use all of the grid.

:clap: ...downloading - Cheers !
MPG X670E CARBON Ryzen 9 7900, 64Gb 6K DDR5 4x2tb Nvmes

If i purchase a upgrade plan, will my 2.4.3 automatically update to version 3?

Proken wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:57 pm If i purchase a upgrade plan, will my 2.4.3 automatically update to version 3?
As soon as you register the serial you´ve got with the purchase

Hey I’m getting errors trying to upgrade to the latest beta 3.1.2 version, it tells me that my registration is either not activated or my upgrade plan has expired and I just purchased bitwig 3 literally a week ago. Has anyone else had this problem?
DoomTune.com

ubailey wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:32 am Hey I’m getting errors trying to upgrade to the latest beta 3.1.2 version, it tells me that my registration is either not activated or my upgrade plan has expired and I just purchased bitwig 3 literally a week ago. Has anyone else had this problem?
Are you connected to the internet? If you aren't, connect, launch the beta and it should activate. Once activated it will work without internet connection.

Yes I’m connected to the internet, I didn’t have any problem loading the official version or the previous beta which I reinstalled after trying to activate the latest beta a few times
DoomTune.com

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”