in need of 64bit vst midi monitor plugin for OSX

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Have been using pizmidi but the 32-bit version crashes in Bitwig now and it looks like the piz domain is suspended so I can't look for an update.

Thanks for any recommendations!

Greg K.

Plogue Bidule has one inside it.

You can always just send the midi over IAC to freely available midi monitor app: https://www.snoize.com/MIDIMonitor/

If you're using Logic, I have one that I made using the Scripter Plugin, its not bad, PM me if interested, its free.
MacPro 5,1 12core x 3.46ghz-96gb MacOS 12.2 (opencore), X32+AES16e-50

I picked up a free one from the App Store. I’m not in front of my computer right now but, if you go to the App Store, you’ll find one easily enough. The there’s a paid one (or two), and a free one. The free one worked fine for me

MIDI Loupe

jancivil wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:09 pm MIDI Loupe
Thanks. Midi Loupe looks good but its not a VST (I don't think)

Dewdman42 wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:02 pm Plogue Bidule has one inside it.

You can always just send the midi over IAC to freely available midi monitor app: https://www.snoize.com/MIDIMonitor/

If you're using Logic, I have one that I made using the Scripter Plugin, its not bad, PM me if interested, its free.
Thanks, I use Bitwig mostly and have MIDI Monitor but its not a VST I don't think. I need something for testings on tracks.

Here's an archive of the site. If you were looking for midiMonitor, the Mac version hasn't been updated since 2009 and is still 32-bit.
Image Image Image Image

sprnva wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:31 pm Here's an archive of the site. If you were looking for midiMonitor, the Mac version hasn't been updated since 2009 and is still 32-bit.
Forget it. (Unfortunately.) Just had a look inside it, that VST isn't just 32-bit, it's also for i386 PPC, and PowerPCs haven't been around in quite a while.
Confucamus.

killmaster wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:23 pm Thanks, I use Bitwig mostly and have MIDI Monitor but its not a VST I don't think. I need something for testings on tracks.
Nope MidiMonitor is a standalone app unfortunately. Plogue Bidule has a midi monitor in it. its not free, but that will let you put an isolated midi monitor on each track.

I can't think of any other solution unfortunately, I have looked for this in the past also, which is why I ended up making a Midi monitor Script for LogicPro, but that doesn't help you either on BitWig.

I have used the plogue Bidule midi monitor often enough for that kind of situation, but its definitely not free. Plogue Bidule does provide a lot of other functionality, however, which can come in handy.

If you own Kontakt, it has a midi monitor in it, you might be able to use Kontakt just to monitor midi in a pinch.

Rockatansky wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:45 pm Forget it. (Unfortunately.) Just had a look inside it, that VST isn't just 32-bit, it's also for i386 PPC, and PowerPCs haven't been around in quite a while.
i386 is 32-bit Intel. It's a universal binary.
Image Image Image Image

Dewdman42 wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:52 pm If you own Kontakt, it has a midi monitor in it, you might be able to use Kontakt just to monitor midi in a pinch.
Thanks!

sprnva wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:56 pm It's a universal binary.
OK, that's possible. Were there already intel Macs around on OSX Tiger 10.4? The config in the .vst says it was built for 10.3/10.4, and I'm pretty certain there weren't any intel Macs on 10.3, but I'm not sure about 10.4. Would something that ran on a Core Duo still work on a modern Mac? I know that a 32-bit plugin, even if universal binary, wouldn't work at all in a modern macOS.
Confucamus.

Rockatansky wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:10 pm Were there already intel Macs around on OSX Tiger 10.4?
Yes
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mac_OS_X_ ... processors

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”