in need of 64bit vst midi monitor plugin for OSX

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Etienne1973 wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:34 pm eaReckon MIDI Polysher
Thanks. This shows data coming in (the green light comes on) but it doesn't actually display the MIDI message, like CC #. Bitwig already blinks yellow when its receiving MIDI data, just want to be able to confirm what MIDI data is there. Very surprising to me that no VST seems to exist for this in 64-bit!

Rockatansky wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:10 pmI'm pretty certain there weren't any intel Macs on 10.3, but I'm not sure about 10.4. Would something that ran on a Core Duo still work on a modern Mac? I know that a 32-bit plugin, even if universal binary, wouldn't work at all in a modern macOS.
10.4 was the first system for the Intel Macs.

You can still run 32-bit software on a modern Mac. Plugins too so long as you have a 32-bit DAW or one with a bit-bridge. I've thinned out a lot of 32-bit stuff here but my old NI plugins like Vokator, Spektral Delay etc are still working on 10.12.

10.14 still supports 32-bit but the next one likely won't.
Image Image Image Image

No VST, but worth to mention (free, Win / Mac).

Morson - Pocket MIDI
http://www.morson.jp/pocketmidi-webpage/
It`s not a bug... it`s a feature!

If AU is alright too, this little set of MIDI tools was posted only a few minutes ago, a monitor is included too.

(The blurb doesnt say anything about the bits but im sure you can find that out easily enough if interested.)

3 bucks a pop or 12 for the lot.

ENV1 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:00 pm If AU is alright too, this little set of MIDI tools was posted only a few minutes ago, a monitor is included too.

(The blurb doesnt say anything about the bits but im sure you can find that out easily enough if interested.)

Thanks! these look great. I wish there was a VST also since I mainly use Bitwig. I did install the mfxMonitor (free) but the AU for desktop doesn't seem to install. Looks like a handy set of tools overall!

Where?
MacPro 5,1 12core x 3.46ghz-96gb MacOS 12.2 (opencore), X32+AES16e-50

killmaster wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:18 pm
ENV1 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:00 pm If AU is alright too, this little set of MIDI tools was posted only a few minutes ago, a monitor is included too.

Thanks! these look great. I wish there was a VST also since I mainly use Bitwig. I did install the mfxMonitor (free) but the AU for desktop doesn't seem to install. Looks like a handy set of tools overall!
Well, normally i would have recommended RS-Met MIDIMonitor since that is about as good as it gets. (As you can see on the screenshot it supports a lot more than just the standard note on/off plus key and velocity.) But up until recently it was Windows only, so it wouldnt have done you any good.

However, it turns out that MIDIMonitor is now part of RS-Met ToolChain, which happens to be available as a mac AU as well. So while still not the VST youre looking for, at least it can be used on mac now too, thus if the mfx one gives you trouble you could always give ToolChain a try. Its free.

That's very cool, thanks for sharing that info! As a side note, ToolChain works ok in LogicPro. Because its a midi controlled FX, for the audio fx purposes you have to put it in the instrument slot (in LPX) and use the side chain to get the audio, but it works. The func shaper will come in handy at some point!

The midi monitor also does work, but in LPX its a bit unuseful since it has to take up the instrument slot, so then you can't put your instrument there. However, it can be hosted inside PlogueBIdule or BlueCatAudio patchworks in order to use the midi monitor in one of the midifx slots...so it might come in handy at some point for logic.

For BitWig, you'd need to wrap something around it to use as VST. One free alternative for that is Image-line's mini-host modular plugin, which runs as a VST and can host AU's inside it. So... between that and some of the free AU's that have been mentioned above...The OP might be able to get something happening.

https://www.image-line.com/support/flst ... odular.htm
MacPro 5,1 12core x 3.46ghz-96gb MacOS 12.2 (opencore), X32+AES16e-50

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”