Omnisphere Amara by The Unfinished

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1K_inN9SiTY

Omnisphere Amara is a collection of 500 patches for Omnisphere 2.5.

Last year I worked on a number of TV dramas in the UK and around Europe, and the spine of this new library is made up of sounds devised for those projects. There’s a real mix of modern analogue synths and organic sound design; pitting gritty, emotional circuitry against the delicate and esoteric nature of real instruments.

Border-hopping, political intrigue; intricate personal dramas, painted against wider, social backdrops; devastating murders that haunt communities for years: this is Amara’s darkly beautiful soul.

Shadowy, taut, analogue pulses, sequences and rhythms extracted from classic synthesizers; pianos, strings and mallets deconstructed and then carefully patched back together; all hewn together to provide a rich and immersive library, full of punchy bass, sumptuous pads, expressive instruments and brooding textures. Omnisphere Amara provides big drama on a small scale.

Alongside the sounds created for bespoke projects, Amara is inspired by soundtracks to shows such as Broadchurch, Silent Witness, Disparue, Trapped/Ófærð, Luther, The Last Panthers and Engrenages/Spiral; and inspired by artists such as Olafur Arnalds, Sheridan Tongue, Nils Frahm, Frans Bak, Ben Lukas Boysen, Johann Johannsson and Clark.

Its broad sonic palette engages with neo-classical, minimalist techno and post rock and blends them together to form a unique library of sounds.

Check out the walkthrough video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5Id9m0eC6o

And check out some demo tracks...

https://soundcloud.com/the-unfinished/s ... emo-tracks

From Reykjavik to Lyon, via London, Copenhagen and Berlin: Amara brings you an essential collection for modern drama scoring.

Omnisphere Amara is £69.99 +VAT. You will need version 2.5 of Omnisphere to use all Amara’s functions.
Last edited by synaesthesia on Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Excellent stuff Matt - you've really nailed the brooding, suspense drama sound (although I'm sure these sounds could fit many other tastes/projects too).
Nice range of demo tracks too :)

Slightly off-topic, but do you think producers of modern successful TV dramas, such as the very ones mentioned in your post above, tend to reach far too much for these types of synthesizer sounds (as opposed to other instruments) nowadays to convey 'heavy drama'?
It's not much of a criticism - as I like the sounds (and also the TV shows) - but perhaps the soundtracks for these TV productions are starting to sound a bit 'samey'? (YMMV natch)

Anyway, Amara is a lovely collection of sounds and I'll be buying it forthwith!

dark water wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:46 am
Slightly off-topic, but do you think producers of modern successful TV dramas, such as the very ones mentioned in your post above, tend to reach far too much for these types of synthesizer sounds (as opposed to other instruments) nowadays to convey 'heavy drama'?
It's not much of a criticism - as I like the sounds (and also the TV shows) - but perhaps the soundtracks for these TV productions are starting to sound a bit 'samey'? (YMMV natch)
Thanks Dark Water (any reference to the spirit of dark and lonely water?).

Actually, I'd say it went that way but is coming back to more organic and traditional stuff now. A lot of neo-classical artists (like Max Richter and Olafur Arnalds) have stepped into the realm of film and TV scoring and rely heavily on piano and strings. But, because they were already using analogue synths, they've brought them with them too. But I think they're using them in different ways.

I consume a huge amount of music (the best part of my job!) so I'm still hearing a huge amount of variety in scoring palettes. Not all of it original, but plenty of unique voices.

Trends always happen though and when I'm doing bespoke programming work, yes, the same inspirations can often come up. But there's also a lot of experimentation too - there's a challenge to do something that makes you stand out that's still there. When I worked on The Bridge/Broen, the composers literally said "Just come up with sounds you've never made before". Which was pretty cool (and daunting!).

Cheers.

Good work, sounds very fit to the context. :tu:
"I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not too sure."
Checkout my blog: VST Plugins Free Download.

Omnisphere Amara is now available to buy and download. Enjoy! :)

Excellent stuff - and many thanks for the insightful reply too Matt.
:tu:

Today is the last day to use the Newsletter discount code on Omnisphere Amara and save 25%.

Get your copy quick!

Return to “Soundware”