DUNE 3 is now available!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

fade in
Banned
1 posts since 20 Feb, 2019
wow :)

AKA "fade out".

nordickvr wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:59 pm AKA "fade out".
:lol:

tony10000 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:50 am Bones, you are the only one complaining about Dune 3 and its UI.
No he isn't... I also agreed with him

nordickvr wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:59 pm AKA "fade out".
that wasn't a fade out... more like a drop out :hihi:

maybe a new thread then....

not to drag it out (sorry) but those saying bones should keep quiet due to beta testing/ndas
it's up to rich how he deals with that.

vurt wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:57 pm not to drag it out (sorry) but those saying bones should keep quiet due to beta testing/ndas
I don't think he should be quiet. If he was to discuss at the beta forum then I could and would join in there, whereas I feel it inappropriate to do so here.
Wavetables for DUNE2/3, Blofeld, IL Harmor, Hive and Serum etc: http://charlesdickens.neocities.org/
£10 for lifetime updates including wavetable editor for Windows.

Music: https://soundcloud.com/markholt

vurt wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:57 pm not to drag it out (sorry) but those saying bones should keep quiet due to beta testing/ndas

i dont think hes breaking any nda regarding betas etc, but Hink doesnt think its polite to say such stuff in a Devs announcement thread, so i made a seperate one. Seemed fair, and might actually gather some insight from other users.

:tu:

Teksonik wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:41 pmThere it is again....just because you don't need Wavetables it doesn't mean they are worthless.
Nobody in the whole world "needs" wavetables. We can all live our lives quite happily without them. It's all about "want" and I am yet to see any evidence that they have improved DUNE 3 in any meaningful way. The new features may have broadened DUNE's sonic palette marginally, although I can't imagine by very much. But as everyone else has been doing it, it seems more about feature-parity with the competition than anything else. u-he didn't even think adding a wavetable oscillator mode was worth charging money for but with DUNE 3 development it was pretty much the whole focus of the beta process.
Some people actually like using WTs.
Sure, and DUNE 2 had them. I've been using them for years in other instruments, too.
One of the biggest features request was the WT Editor and that's why it was added to D3. But you've never cared what other people want it only matters what you want.
Or maybe I'm not so arrogant as to think I can speak for anyone but myself?
You should either have spoken up earlier or should shut up now. You can see how much response you've gotten from Synapse so far so again good luck.
Are you f**king kidding me? I've been shouting from the rooftops since the original DUNE beta, to the point that Rich sent me a personal email when they released The Legend, thinking it might be just what I was after. (Clearly he didn't know how I feel about Moog filters.) Rich understands my personal take on it, what he may not be aware of is that I am not the only one who thinks DUNE is much more annoying to use than it needs to be and that this fact stops people from buying or upgrading.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I would think it they changed the workflow in DUNE at this point it would upset more people than it makes happy.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

ATS wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:18 am I would think it they changed the workflow in DUNE at this point it would upset more people than it makes happy.
There is a very big gap between Change and Improve. And improvement is what is asked :)

If we're talkin in the context of improvements vs. changes, personally I think there have been a lot of improvements as far as what's under the hood. It seems that a lot of the posters here, however, base improvements on aesthetics. And thats not a bad thing, we just all have different expectations.

I liked the GUI of Dune 2 so to see it remain virtually the same is great to me. I tend to think of developers as car designers. I don't expect all cars to have the same things in the same places and of the same type. Variety is good. Maybe Rich has a couple of ideas on how to add some more visual features to please ppl, but maybe that should come down the line.

Would a Osc mixer be great? Sure. A robust preset manager with tags and favorites? Yup. A different INIT setup, of course? But at what point does this become just a hodgepodge of features vs a solid instrument? All things considered, Dune 3 is pretty solid.
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Return to “Instruments”