Synapse Audio Dune 3 user requests

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

after a little tiff between some users, i thought a separate thread might be polite

what would current/potential users like to see changed/improved in Dune3?

if you could give details and not just say 'better gui' etc, that would prob help your cause, as would civilised chat with other users (which would save Hink a lot of hassle) :wink:

AnX wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:39 pm
what would current/potential users like to see changed/improved in Dune3?
There seems to be a couple other threads on this same topic.
Really, start a third one?

EXAMPLE:
http://forum.synapse-audio.com/viewtopi ... =5&t=12435

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=516207
--After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley

1. hardly anyone uses the official forum, hence this thread here

2. that is the devs announcement thread, not a 'wishlist' thread, hence this thread here

hope that clears up any confusion you had.

AnX wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:25 pm 1. hardly anyone uses the official forum, hence this thread here
The official Synapse forum has over 100,000 post and is well used.
It also has the advantage of the Dev and team for feedback (who are very responsive).

Check it out:

http://forum.synapse-audio.com/viewforum.php?f=7
--After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley

Here's one thing that bugs me and keeps tripping me up. Best way to explain it is with an example.

Okay, I'm making a patch. It's rather complex. Maybe 4 or 5 layers. I finish it. I now go to make another patch so I choose the default option.

I now start programming my new patch. I then go to listen to it so far and hear just a sawtooth wav when clearly I know I've brought up a complex wavetable.

What's happened is this.

The last edits I made of the previous patch were on OSC 2 of whatever layer I was working on. When I bring up default, the system keeps me at whatever place I was in when editing the last patch. If it's OSC 2, by default, OSC 2 is set to zero.

So what would be nice would be either one of two things.

When choosing default, the system also sends you back to layer 1, OSC 1 so you can at least hear the programming that you just did and not the default OSC 1 because OSC 2 is zero.

Or

Do not set OSC 2 to zero. Yes, you'll still hear OSC 1's sawtooth but at least you'll hear the changes you made to OSC 2.

It's easy to forget this, no matter how long you're working with a synth.On a default patch I shouldn't have to think about where I left off with the previous patch. I don't know any other synth that does this.

Sparky77 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:29 pm
AnX wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:25 pm 1. hardly anyone uses the official forum, hence this thread here
The official Synapse forum has over 100,000 post and is well used.
It also has the advantage of the Dev and team for feedback (who are very responsive).

Check it out:

http://forum.synapse-audio.com/viewforum.php?f=7

im well aware of what it is and especially what it isnt, so we'll leave it there shall we.... if you have nothing to add, move along.

wagtunes wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:31 pm I now go to make another patch so I choose the default option.
do you mean "initialize patch" ?

EDIT: i just tried with initialize, it does keep you on last osc tab, but layers revert to 'all' and layer count goes back to 1 here
Last edited by AnX on Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AnX wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:38 pm
wagtunes wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:31 pm I now go to make another patch so I choose the default option.
Yes.

wagtunes wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:44 pm
Yes.
i edited my post :wink:

AnX wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:42 pm Example:

http://forum.synapse-audio.com/viewtopi ... =5&t=12435
Yes, the official Synapse forum is great, been using it for years.
This topic is already there, check it out.

EDIT: i just tried with initialize, it does keep you on last osc tab, but layers revert to 'all' and layer count goes back to 1 here
Which doesn't solve my problem of being on OSC 2 and making changes to it and not hearing those changes.

wagtunes wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:55 pm

Which doesn't solve my problem of being on OSC 2 and making changes to it and not hearing those changes.

i know, i was confirming it.

I just would like 2 things currently:

1. The ability to tag & access favorite presets
2. The ability to set keyrange per layer.
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Saukar30 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:18 pm
2. The ability to set keyrange per layer.
yeah, thats a good idea thats been asked for a few times (since D2)

cant remember Richards reasons for not doing it... something along the lines of "use several instances"

Return to “Instruments”