Crust [pre-alpha]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

No, it doesn't suite the rules as far as I understood.

Hey 1eqinfinity, any chance you can give an option for tempo sync shiver? I love the synth so far, but I often end up creating LFOs in reaper to in order to tempo sync Crust parameters, which would be a lot easier if it was build into the VSTi.

willsavino wrote:Hey 1eqinfinity, any chance you can give an option for tempo sync shiver? I love the synth so far, but I often end up creating LFOs in reaper to in order to tempo sync Crust parameters, which would be a lot easier if it was build into the VSTi.
Yes I know :) This is in my plans, however lately I didn't have time for this project and I'm not quite sure when I will.

No worries! Really can't complain about such a cool synth that I didn't have to pay for. I've really enjoyed getting some crunchy FM sounds out of this thing. Thanks again for all your hard work!

thanks! :wink:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1hwbr5 ... 68X7M_h09j
This synthesizer has a good FM sound. I tried my composition in Crust. very ample opportunities for synthesis. Minus - the look is inconvenient. especially the submenu. I also want a press manager. While I was doing the track, I got about 20 sounds that I want to keep.
:phones:

EscapeControl wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:51 pm Did you submit Crust to the KVR dev challenge?
+1

Are you considering a patch manager for Crust, 1eqinfinity?

Yes, at least a simple one with save/load.
Neither Crust nor Ribs are abandoned. But last months were pretty busy.

Just wonder what the state of affairs is. I love my Crust MPEifyed brass I got with the help of the Instrument Layer in Bitwig. Main drawback is the limited pitch bend range. I would love to have more than the 2 semitones. Trombones can make much longer slides...
Also it seems, controllers and after touch are only recognized if they are sent on channel 1...
I wouldn't mind real MPE either, but that is probably a bit of an effort...

The state of affairs is that I still don't have enough time to add the preset manager and other stuff :/
But for now you can use the tune control. It has additional tune range on the right top, so you can do up to 4 octaves.
As to the per key aftertouch, I did not implement it yet.

Is there a new build? I cannot find any additional tune range on the right top...
At least with the build from last summer (Version 0.7.8 )...

no, 0.7.8 has it, to the right of the big oscillator knobs: https://ibb.co/644cyTM

I tried it, gives me a little detuning not more. certainly not 4 octaves (1 octave would be enough)

Tj Shredder wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:15 pm I tried it, gives me a little detuning not more. certainly not 4 octaves (1 octave would be enough)
That's odd - are you sure you're adjusting the right parameter: left clicking and dragging the white-colored digit (1 by default) between the osc tune and bend knobs? I really enjoyed playing around with extreme detuning and fm back at the Crust One Synth Challenge.
All Ted Mountainé's Songs on Spotify | Soundcloud | Twitter | His Latest Videos
The Byte Hop, the virtual home of Ted Mountainé – news as they might have happened.

Return to “Instruments”