IK multimedia White 2a - is it worth it?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
T-RackS CS T-RackS White 2A Leveling Amplifier

what have I started.
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

Is anyone else having problems getting through the process to claim a license?

I received the email from Music Radar saying "verify your email address [...] to confirm that you wish to receive your free copy of IK Multimedia’s White 2A", but the links on that email are dead. Seems that the subdomain for this stuff is dead: https://email.musicradar.com

It's day 2 of trying it every few hours. I'll keep it at and report.

I had an issue not getting a code, emailed them and got a working one within a day.

This is the exact reason why I deleted everything immediately after installing. What an utter bloat.
That new multiband compressor offered for free currently sure looks nice and probably works very well, but even so,
it does not outweigh the burden of having all those (what? 30 or 40 ???) trial plugins polluting one's daw, neither the endless hassle of actually installing all that crap, jumping through hoop after hoop and having over a gigabyte of real estate lost for it.

So I actually never even tried that compressor, even though I got it for free.
Good marketing is only good to an extent, after that it becomes bad marketing and starts affecting customers negatively,
and sales drop, as well as customers.

When will they learn to LISTEN to what the customer prefers ???
Until then, best of luck to IKmm, they'll need it, what being blind and deaf and all that...

I agree that the level of bloat and hoops to jump in this instance was unprecedented for me, i went straight to delete all the bloat 1 gb is seriously alot. I still hope that they will add a sidechain input, that would be a nice bonus for my personal usecase. Otherwise I think for my uses the NI version of LA2A is my best bet. Already trialed that one and liked it.

It's embarrassing sometimes the level of verbal poop people throw at IKM, who are participating in the discussion to offer help.

Peter you must have the patience of a Buddhist monk. I wish you a good and sunny day gents!

I think the person who started this whole topic should just run off into the forest. That would solve his issue and not bother others beginning more people ranting posts that just go on forever nowadays. Do it or don't no one cares,

zeep wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:35 pm Peter you must have the patience of a Buddhist monk.
... you expect your customers to have the patience of Buddhist monks.

There, FIFY. :party:

BTW, RE: my problem earlier
Turns out the magazine ran out of serial numbers. So they seem to have disabled the claiming link, it was just an error page. Then later on it turned out blank. It was puzzling.

I tried contacting the magazine, but the email bounced.

I tried contacting IK Multimedia in December FROM MY IK LOGGED-IN ACCOUNT. I'm still waiting to hear back from them. That's a 2 months waiting time so far on a customer email.

I then started spamming the magazine on every known email. I got a reply from the magazine a few days later to tell me new codes would be available and try again soon. Then I was able to get the right code and claim the compressor.

Then, fully knowing I'm a registered user and having already downloaded their software before, IK Multimedia still made me download the entire 1gb package with every single damn plugin again. Then I had to install every single non-licensed plugin back in my system, after last time spending 30 mins trying to remove them by hand. Just for this one compressor.

So now I'm back to having all this garbage in my system. I should keep a folder of notes of where to go to delete this stuff, but it's still tricky because you have to figure out which dll files are licensed and which aren't. Delete the wrong one and you are back at step 1.

You can move the files into a different folder instead of deleting them, so if you screw it up, you don't have to start from step 1. Also on the ik webpage you can check what do you have, I really don't see what is tricky there.

Return to “Effects”