One Synth Challenge #120: SE PolyMod KX by KX77FREE (Voting Time!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://soundcloud.com/eauson/eauson-it ... -eu-kvrosc

Well, I thought I would give it another go :) thanks to Carl_saved for comments on previous.
In for a penny

9*KX Polymod 32bit orange edition
Still can't get newer version working :(

Airwindows console buss&channel
DC Assassin
ReaEq
Dragonfly Reverb
Frontier
Airwindows NC-17
Airwindows Studiotan
Airwindows Righteous 4
RS met Multi Analyser
Airwindows EQ
Airwindows Wider
Airwindows Tremelo
Airwindows hipass

Just adjusted a few presets, this version of Polymod seems a bit limited, but then so am I :D

DRM 10 bit strong for a atmospheric piece...

GLTA you OsC'ers :)
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

Ok. I'll join the party … here's my short little ditty! All patches made from INIT except the electric piano which is a modified version of the one Taron posted up (thanks!).

DAW: Reaper

Track Details
23 * SE PolyMod KX
18 * ReaEQ
6 * Oril River
2 * JS Midi Note Filter
2 * Sanford Bass Tightener
2 * Bass Professor Mark II
1 * Quick Haas

Master
TDR VOS SlickEQ
Ferric TDS
Voxengo MSED
LoudMax64

Metering
SPAN
Youlean Loudness Meter 2

DR 8
Integrated LUFS 12.4

https://soundcloud.com/doctorbob/doctor ... polymod-kx

Polymorphism
https://soundcloud.com/theexponent/polymorphism

My submission for the KVR OSC #120 using SE PolyMod KX.

DAW: Reaper 5.965
SE PolyMod KX : 25 instances
Native DAW FX: ReaComp, ReaEQ, Ping Pong Pan, MDA Pseudo-Stereo
3rd Party FX: TAL Reverb 4, OTT, MVibrato, TAL Dub Delay, TDR Nova, TS-999, Ferric TDS
Mastering: OTT, TDR Slick EQ, TDR Nova, Ozone Imager 8, Limiter No.6, SPAN, Youlean Loudness Meter
Last edited by exponent1 on Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

@Eauson: ... in for a pound. Wasn't familiar with that saying. That's funny, now you have made a track with no percussion :) It must have been a step out of your comfort zone, and it reminds me a little bit of our first encounter, especially those "wow" sounds. You are one of those few people whom I met at my first OSC and who are still around :hug:
(edit: actually, there's a couple of them. But the point is, it's been a long time! :ud: )
@Peter: Is your WIP making progress? :phones: Big sounds from you again this month.
@doctorBob: Nice 1! Haha, you got me with that guitar though :lol: 8)
@Rellik: Don't worry, I was only talking about the fact that I haven't incorporated my guitar attempt yet ;) Good luck with your final mixing session

Really enjoying this month so taking my time. Can someone save me a little time on the envelope types? What is are the differences between exp/lin/db/dbo?

functionform wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:08 am Really enjoying this month so taking my time. Can someone save me a little time on the envelope types? What is are the differences between exp/lin/db/dbo?
Those are curve shape types for the envelope. Lin is linear, Exp is exponential and dB/dBO are based on the logarithmic curve shapes most likely.

@carl
Yes, full saying is
In for a penny, in for a pound
After the last round, I can only go one step lower :D
So its yazz from here on in ;)
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

I think it's the organization strategy, but I'm so glad I did this month, I just feel like this synth gets me. The only mystery kind of remaining is the delay area, not sure what Kxmod does really, but I feel like I've barely even touched the mod matrix! I'm just enjoying the sound design features. I feel like so often the synths hamstring us with weird ui choices or missing key features, but this one really just has everything out there. I feel like it could use a UI update to make some of these buttons more carefully editable, but this really is an enjoyable experience. I can't say enough how great it is to have everything on one screen. I HATE CONTEXT SWITCHING.

functionform wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:35 am I think it's the organization strategy, but I'm so glad I did this month, I just feel like this synth gets me. The only mystery kind of remaining is the delay area, not sure what Kxmod does really, but I feel like I've barely even touched the mod matrix! ...
KXMod introduces random voltage fluctuations which can lead to some classic analog variability to the sounds. It's nice to use for some leads/basses, but not so much for percussion where you'd want some consistency.

Thanks @carl_saved - glad you noticed the guitar in there! Mostly chords, but some picking now and then!

I had fun making this track - probably go ambient again next time - but it all depends on the synth.

dB

Last edited by ] Peter:H [ on Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nice Peter … :tu: :phones:

Remember all it's a short month too!!!! :dog: 7 days to go ... :D :D :D

I know bob, it crept up on me! I'm going to have to run the majority of my track this weekend.

I've updated my track submission. I can "live" with it now hehe. Sorry. dB!! :D
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

@Rellik I can't wait to hear your track when it's done. WOW!! That is nuts!
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

Return to “Instruments”