Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Pro-Q 3

I suppose its time to tidy up the toys and put them back in the pram :P
Always Read the Manual!

ROCK!

Sidechain triggered dynamic eq has arrived- NOICE

Oooh nice! Might hold off updating a few days because surely the bug reports will be piling in right now as kinks get ironed out.

They did the right thing and they know it. Removing side chain from Q3 to protect sales of MB is short sighted so I am glad they listened (pun intended). The side chain implementation is very nice. No pre-filtering but that's ok. Thanks FabFilter for listening and consideration and getting this out asap! :phones:

Turn on the dynamic EQ, select a custom threshold and click the side-chain button to listen to the side-chain. adjust threshold to taste.

SC signal is also available in the analyzer. sweet.
Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 3.41.17 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 3.36.12 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

So it does the TrackSpacer thing without using DAW channel routing sidechain methods, right? Linking bands directly between Pro-Q 3 instances, right?

Hope they come up with some new features in Pro-MB then. Else there will be some refund requests incoming... But I already saw people still complaining because FF added ext sidechain to the dynamics but it's bound to the band and still no adjustable times and so on. :dog:

marzelli wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:50 pm Hope they come up with some new features in Pro-MB then. Else there will be some refund requests incoming... But I already saw people still complaining because FF added ext sidechain to the dynamics but it's bound to the band and still no adjustable times and so on. :dog:
Pro-MB and Q3 are quite different: MB uses bands with crossovers, Q3 uses an EQ curve made from compounding a number of EQ bands. Both dynamic but very different effect on the audio and for different purposes. This is why I took such offence at FF saying they kept SC out of Q3 so it wouldnt affect sales of MB. To keep an obious critical feature out for such a weak business reason didn't make any customer-centric sense. Glad they came to their senses! Both great tools, worth having in the dropdowns. :phones:

I asked FF before I bought Pro-MB if there will be any Pro-Q update regarding dynamics. I wouldn't have bought Pro-MB for dynamic EQing, de-essing and so on then.

Imo it's still a sad day they bend to the crybabies that even insulted them. Not only they're still not gonna buy Pro-Q3 now, they're even not statisfied and FF annoyed customers of their other plugins.

marzelli wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:36 pm I asked FF before I bought Pro-MB if there will be any Pro-Q update regarding dynamics. I wouldn't have bought Pro-MB for dynamic EQing, de-essing and so on then.

Imo it's still a sad day they bend to the crybabies that even insulted them. Not only they're still not gonna buy Pro-Q3 now, they're even not statisfied and FF annoyed customers of their other plugins.
I own both MB and Q3. Whos the cry baby now? They are different tools for different jobs. :phones:

plexuss wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:46 pmI own both MB and Q3.
Me too, but probably not for long anymore :lol: Anyways asked FF, let's wait what they'll come up with.

marzelli wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:12 pm
plexuss wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:46 pmI own both MB and Q3.
Me too, but probably not for long anymore :lol: Anyways asked FF, let's wait what they'll come up with.
But... I hear you... there are many different use-cases for these things. if you dont need the features that differentiate Q3 and MB then yes there may be too many redundancies. And yes it's a struggle to strategize plugin purchases knowing how these things shift around so much, sometimes we win sometimes we lose. If there are too many redundancies for you, you can consider re-selling. That's the beauty of #NONFR :phones:

It's no problem to have a product spectrum of non-overlapping feature sets but rather specialized plugins. I value these tools for the specific but perfect job they do. Fabfilter so far is not like other companies with the 20th compressor emulation or 10th kind of eq.

I own both and don't see enough overlap to warrant Pro-MB obsolete - Pro-MB is a marvelous tool and the crossovers are practically invisible. Highly recommended.

:shit: <- this has nothing to do with the thread, I just wanted to try out this new emoji!

Return to “Effects”