RAPID Synthesizer | Rapid 1.8.0 released | Free "SP - Granular Elements"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

parawave wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:39 pm
Some users (or potential users?) complained about the horizontal routing lane aka Mod. Matrix, because they are used to vertical scrolling MM lists. I still think it's very fast to use because:
1. No tab switching.
2. You see seven entries at once. Which is enough.
3. You can change the modulation depth and see the corresponding target knob.

That aside. How about an optional vertical routing list? An extra button that will open a whole page with a vertical list of all routings? Will it increase the workflow for some users?

Is it really about the list, or could it be compensated by additional features? Like sorting, filtering of routing entries? Ideas are welcome.
Actually I'd really prefer Tab switchting here. MM1-4 or something is easier to navigate than having to scroll back and forth a long list. You could also do a hybrid where the tab buttons just "jump" to the position in the scroll bar.

Filter/sort by target would also be nice, haven't seen that before.

zeph wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:24 am Also - when are we getting Mirko's new reverb algorithms - these are incredible!!! :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

Thanks so much for this brilliant synth :) :) :) :) :) :)
Thanks a lot dude. I think we will add it to the next update. ;-)

This is, what comes into my mind when you talk about future features :)

ARP:
ARP Genral:
- A Global On/Off Button which means, when Global is activated in LAYER 1, all Layers play the same ARP from Layer1.
- Speed to a non BPM Synced, as we have in the sequencer
- BPM Sync up to 1/256

ARP Midifiles:

- Arrows to adjust the whole notes up and down of a midi file.
(Sometimes you forget to import the midi on note C)
- Shuffle Knob when Midi File is loaded.

Effects:
Effects Global:
- Saving Effect Racks as Presets
- Multiple Effects Use

Effects Filter:
- Mix Knob

Effects EQ:
- Possibility to set 6db/oct - 12db/oct - 24db/oct - 48db/oct
- An analyser behind the curves in the EQ display

OSC:
OSC - Mix option:
Now you have Filter -> Insert and Insert -> Filter. It would be nice to have this:
Detune -> Filter -> Insert
Detune -> Insert -> Filter
Insert -> Detune -> Filter (Gives the option to distort the original wavetable before it gets detuned)

Browser:

- Better categorising of XTs
(XT) -> click -> Categories open such as Bass, Leads, Synths, Bells, -> click -> right site open a list with the presets from the chosen category.
- Custom categories for presets
- Easy Import/Export function for own XTs. Presets + Wavetables/Multisamples should be packed into a zip or .rapidcontent file which is possible to import there.
- Copy/Paste/Sort function for presets incl. copying the wavetables/multisamples into the new direction. (only possible with own sounds)
- Search function

Macros:
- Possibility to connect a macro with the amount of R1 R2 R3 R4 etc.
- Curves

Pitchbend & Modwheel:

- A "lag" Button as we have in Aveng*cought* ;)

General:

- Would love to have the Modwheel & Pitchbend always available even in the layers.
It could be placed in the left bottom corner.

- Lock or marking possibility on the mainpage mixer to turn down or up marked or all knobs for the same amount.

- The whole volume of the synth seems to be very loud. A standard -12db would be nice. Maybe we can create this as an option tab behind Layer 8 to have those options.

- Would love to see the values on each knobs / EQs etc and should be editable.

Maybe this encourages ideas.
Cheers.
Intel I9 9900X / Asus Prime X299-A / 32 GB DDR 4 / NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 / Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 / Win 10 Pro 64 Bit / Ableton Live 11 64bit / Reason 11

Parawave, you know what to do until next monday! 😁
Seriously, really nice ideas. If I could add something? 😬 A preview function in the arp section which can be turned on and off, which allows you to listen to the note just editing in realtime. This would be very helpful and is a big time saver for sound design.

GMusic wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:41 pm
sacer wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:08 am
johnwoo wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:51 pm Sound great , but all this sounds are already in TAL-U-NO-LX and Repro1/5 and sound much , much better ...
+1
To each their own but I highly disagree. Repro sounds like it has a towel over the sounds, muffling out the bright, crispy quality I hear in Rapid. TAL-U-NO-LX sounds dated. I don't know how else to describe it, but Rapid has a modern, airy, rich crispy quality - it just pops.

I have Avenger, Omnisphere, Sylenth1, Nexus, Massive, Spire and many others that have been around longer and may be more refined in their GUI and preset management, but the sounds, feeling, and energy I hear from Rapid is what makes it my most used synth these days :phones:
:lol: Vintage emulation sounds dated. Hilarious.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

ReboundAudio wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:05 pm It's time for a new look ! :P

Absolutely marvellous! :love: :love: :love: :love:

How can I get it?

Thanks in advance. :)

Great news about next update :tu: :tu: :tu: Can't wait for NKS support!!!
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

ReboundAudio wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:14 am Black Knight 1 (gold edition) is now also finished.
For all who have a download link, you can use the same link and update.

Enjoy :)
Could I plz have have the download link to both Black Knight skins? They look so badass! :D

ReboundAudio wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:41 am Hehe... Mirko ! Nice one! Now we bring Rapid in a new look :) Love it! :)
This is my next skin i am working on. "Dark Phoenix"

link to skins? thank you!

Mirko R. wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:21 am Here is a theme I am currently working at...
Can't wait for it to be released! :D :o

I did these in Topaz Studio so they are not skins! I used one of your pics ReboundAudio - hope you don't mind!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by dandezebra on Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

And one to help with the new soundset! I wish I could actually skin these! Maybe I'll look into it!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Honestly, I would love a dark version of the original skin. Same orange and blue though. :love:

I can't find any information on the website but is there like an educational discount for someone who was a student, like about 28 years ago say? It doesn't matter if there isn't. I'll just stop my kids pocket money until I can afford it.
Seriously though, I need (would like a lot) this synth but I have wallpaper to buy for the front room.

What's the single sample playback like in Rapid?

1. Does it time stretch, or does it do old school slow down and speed up?
2. Can you loop a sample?
3. Can you ping pong loop?
4. If there are looping options can you also crossfade to help avoid clicks?

Thanks in advance for any answers!

Return to “Instruments”