Best piano libraries for Kontakt?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Air music Xpand!3 has some nice pianos. They sound like something from a 90’s rompler. So full of character. You don’t need multi gig piano libraries for most types of modern music. If you look at big touring bands most of them are using Nord or Kurzweil keyboards for their piano sounds.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:36 pm Air music Xpand!3 has some nice pianos. They sound like something from a 90’s rompler. So full of character. You don’t need multi gig piano libraries for most types of modern music. If you look at big touring bands most of them are using Nord or Kurzweil keyboards for their piano sounds.
I'm amazed with what I read. The Op posted:
I'm currently using the built-in EXS sampler piano sounds in Logic Pro X on Mac. But they do not sound realistic.
And now people come with that BS about "modern music" (what the hell is "modern" music? - that implies there is music that's not "modern", as in "old" - not necessarily in a good way).

Read what he posted: He is using the EXS pianos, and he finds them not reallistic enough. So, he is after a "realistic" piano sound, not something that suits "modern" music, or that sits well in a mix (everything may sit well in a mix if mixed well). FWIW, EXS has some good piano sounds, so he is looking for "exceptionally realistic" piano sounds (as is a REAL piano).

And he specifically referred Kontakt. My bad, I suggested something that's not Kontakt, but at least it is the most realistic piano sound available, IMO.
Last edited by fmr on Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando (FMR)

I’m impartial to Headroom Piano and Piano 163

http://www.bengtnilsson.com/samplelibraries.html

http://ivyaudio.com/Piano-in-162

And also Imperfect Samples if you want a commercial library

http://www.imperfectsamples.com
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Again with the "most types of __" yet already with the qualifier "modern" which is supposed to narrow it down to a certain perspective. 90s Rompler, character. Fake. That's not responsive to the original post.

Yes, you know I actually once converted a couple of the EXS pianos to Kontakt, they sound rather good. Not all that detailed I think, and I never actually used them. I'm not a pianist but I finally figured to do a couple of things, and I recognize gaps in dynamics, and there is a point where I don't want to work around it.

v1o wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:36 pm Air music Xpand!3 has some nice pianos. They sound like something from a 90’s rompler. So full of character. You don’t need multi gig piano libraries for most types of modern music. If you look at big touring bands most of them are using Nord or Kurzweil keyboards for their piano sounds.
Do you mean version 2? I'm not seeing a version 3 available.
You are currently reading my signature.

Indiehouse wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:17 pm Has anyone used The Hammersmith Pro?
Hammersmith is my desert island piano. A close second is the old Kawai EX PRO, which I think has since been moved to the UVI platform, but for $99 you can't beat the value.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”