U-he offer from Native instruments

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I don't look at Diva as several synths in one, but as a hybrid analogue synth. It's power in its flexibility in combining different parts from different synths which results in interesting sounds.

RePro is an emulation to two different fixed synths. So RePro and Diva are completely different IMO and this is why I bought the two of them.

Unlike others, I love the presets in both synths! I'm very inspired actually when playing some notes! But it doesn't mean that I'll be using this sound or even this synth in the end as it depends how it goes with other instruments.
It all depends how you approach music making. There are no rights or wrongs if the result is satisfying :)

EnGee wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:49 pmThere are no rights or wrongs if the result is satisfying :)
You've just ended all KVR threads.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Oh man! What I have done?! :shit: <-- This is a new shit emoji in KVR !? :hihi:

elxsound wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:34 am
BONES wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:20 am Yeah, definitely. There was a time when soft synths did the job but, to me, never seemed worth paying a lot of money for . i.e. The best commercial synths weren't really much better than the best freeware. But today the gap is so huge that it's easy to see the value in spending $100 or more on a single plugin.
That might be because of inflation too.
Not really. 10 years ago I would not have spent more than $50 on a VSTi, and it would have had to have been something really special for me to pay that much. Today I won't hesitate to sped $150. VSTi prices themselves have gone up but not by nearly that much.
rod_zero wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:31 pmAfter all these years Diva is still my favorite
That's funny, I still think of Diva as a new synth. There's a disconnect in my head when someone says "after all these years" about Diva. I say that about Wasp, which I've been using for 20 years, but anything I've only had for 5 or 6 years still seems new to me.
The perfect world would be Diva in Hardware form.
Why put up with all the hassles of hardware when you can just load it up on your computer and have as many instances running as you like? Nothing to cart to rehearsal or to gigs. My perfect synth would be a VSTi version of Analog Keys or a VSTi version of MicroMonsta.
EnGee wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:49 pm I don't look at Diva as several synths in one, but as a hybrid analogue synth. It's power in its flexibility in combining different parts from different synths which results in interesting sounds.
How is that as good as something like DUNE, which offers a lot more different types of filters and fundamentally different kinds of oscillators? Compared to that, the range of options in Diva is minuscule and nowhere near as broad. Surely if that's the kind of thing you're after, Diva would actually be a poor choice?
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I don't understand what you want to say! That I don't need Diva if I have Dune 2? Or the way I use Diva is wrong?

Awesom!

a.colella30 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:01 pm Awesom!
Thanks for elaborating.

BONES wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:17 am How is that as good as something like DUNE, which offers a lot more different types of filters and fundamentally different kinds of oscillators? Compared to that, the range of options in Diva is minuscule and nowhere near as broad. Surely if that's the kind of thing you're after, Diva would actually be a poor choice?
Actually (and I don't intend to be dismissal on DUNE, which I really appreciate), DIVA has a more varied choice of filters than DUNE. To start, it has a real SEM SVF, which is one of the most versatile filters ever made (DUNE doesn't). Then it has a modeled multimode filter (after Jupiter-6). It also has the infamous Korg MS-20 high-pass/low-pass filters.

DUNE, OTOH, has a clean multimode filter, and then only has basically several flavors of low-pass and high pass filters. Sure, it has the filter FX that give it an extra dimension, but I am strictly comparing filters with filters. DIVA also has the Modifiers, if you want to follow that path

Regarding the oscillators, DUNE is a wavetable synth, therefore, it can load thousands of waveforms (technically limitless number of waveforms, since we can build our own wavetables). But if don't take that into account, as a pure VA synth, I don't think it has that much to offer that DIVA can't rival with. Actually, since DIVA also has the oscillators of JP-8000, it eventually has more variety than DUNE in that aspect too.
Fernando (FMR)

Tempest wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:04 am Got Repro before the sale ended. Really enjoying it. Wish Zebra 2 would have been included. (IMO)
Yeah… does Zebra 2 ever go on sale?

EvilDragon wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:10 am Again, only plugins that have NKS implemented can be in NI's offer. Zebra doesn't have that.
Someone told me, (but I don't know how true this is) that they were working on getting Zebra to be NKS ready but ran out of time before the set sale date. Will we see Zebra 2 for sale later on maybe? Or are we all waiting for Zebra 3 to drop?

My understanding is Zebra 3 is not backward compatible, so I'd be still very interested in a sale on Zebra 2 and ZebraHZ to make use of the plethora of great preset bundles available from 3rd party folks

fmr wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:51 pm
BONES wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:17 am How is that as good as something like DUNE, which offers a lot more different types of filters and fundamentally different kinds of oscillators? Compared to that, the range of options in Diva is minuscule and nowhere near as broad. Surely if that's the kind of thing you're after, Diva would actually be a poor choice?
Actually (and I don't intend to be dismissal on DUNE, which I really appreciate), DIVA has a more varied choice of filters than DUNE. To start, it has a real SEM SVF, which is one of the most versatile filters ever made (DUNE doesn't). Then it has a modeled multimode filter (after Jupiter-6). It also has the infamous Korg MS-20 high-pass/low-pass filters.

DUNE, OTOH, has a clean multimode filter, and then only has basically several flavors of low-pass and high pass filters. Sure, it has the filter FX that give it an extra dimension, but I am strictly comparing filters with filters. DIVA also has the Modifiers, if you want to follow that path

Regarding the oscillators, DUNE is a wavetable synth, therefore, it can load thousands of waveforms (technically limitless number of waveforms, since we can build our own wavetables). But if don't take that into account, as a pure VA synth, I don't think it has that much to offer that DIVA can't rival with. Actually, since DIVA also has the oscillators of JP-8000, it eventually has more variety than DUNE in that aspect too.
Dune 3 has most of the filters mentioned emulated, not just varied types. But you are right about the oscillators. There also different kinds of envelopes in Diva (emulated), so you can make your own "bastard" synth :hihi:

Anyway, it's not only that! The sound character is different and workflow as well, just to put it mildly! So that I don't understand the comparison and what Bones wants to say! Dune is very much a Virus inspired especially in sound, while Diva is a flexible collection of vintage parts emulated.

EnGee wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:58 pm
fmr wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:51 pm Actually (and I don't intend to be dismissal on DUNE, which I really appreciate), DIVA has a more varied choice of filters than DUNE. To start, it has a real SEM SVF, which is one of the most versatile filters ever made (DUNE doesn't). Then it has a modeled multimode filter (after Jupiter-6). It also has the infamous Korg MS-20 high-pass/low-pass filters.

Dune 3 has most of the filters mentioned emulated, not just varied types. But you are right about the oscillators. There also different kinds of envelopes in Diva (emulated), so you can make your own "bastard" synth :hihi:
DUNE doesn't have a SVF filter (emulated ot otherwise). And the only multimode filter it has is the so called "Clean Multimode" (which doesn't seem to model anything). The modeled filters are clearly labeled "Analog Models" and they are all Low-Pass filters. You also have a transistor ladder, but it's uncertain that it is modeled after the Moog filter, since it has much more pole alternatives (but again, just Low-Pass). Finally, you have the Sallen Key modeled filter, which is also a multimode filter in some way, but just 12 dB.

So, I still maintain that, in terms of filters, DIVA offers more with less, IMO. Just the SVF makes it a winner.

Anyway, DUNE filters are not the more important part of the synth. That is the oscillators, with the unison and the wavetables. IMO, of course. We are comparing apples and oranges here.
Fernando (FMR)

timerickson wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:45 pm
EvilDragon wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:10 am Again, only plugins that have NKS implemented can be in NI's offer. Zebra doesn't have that.
Someone told me, (but I don't know how true this is) that they were working on getting Zebra to be NKS ready but ran out of time before the set sale date. Will we see Zebra 2 for sale later on maybe? Or are we all waiting for Zebra 3 to drop?
Yeah Z2 wasn't ready in time for this limited time offer. But the offer is expired now, u-he has had their spot in NI's NKS drive, now it's time for other developers. So my guess is - no, you won't be seeing Z2 on sale.

EvilDragon wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:00 pm
timerickson wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:45 pm
Yeah Z2 wasn't ready in time for this limited time offer. But the offer is expired now, u-he has had their spot in NI's NKS drive, now it's time for other developers. So my guess is - no, you won't be seeing Z2 on sale.
I am eagerly awaiting to see what the next NI partnership sale is going to be. I hope its a vendor that makes modern sounding stuff.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

fmr wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:51 pm

Dune also has the ms 20 filters , sallen key is the name of the game
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Return to “Instruments”