Best VST Warmer

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

PSP Vintage Warmer is the best thing ever..... http://www.pspaudioware.com/plugins/dyn ... gewarmer2/

I like Satin a lot for this. And as many have mentioned, Decapitator is nice. And the Ozone exciter.

Free warmers that I use.

Klanghelm IVGI
-free
-can add warmth. Good for drumrack processing, and on master if used on very low drive settings. If driven too hard itll make master sound farty, and itll lose it’s punch. Mess around with settings. Asym mix makes it less/more transparent. I like to use the frequency setting to process and make high frequency instruments less piercing. Decent amount of drive with setting to HF gives rides/claps and such nice warm feel.

D16 Frontier
-free
-use this to process my 909samples and also throw it on the master with -.1db -.5db threshold(or to where needle is barely moving.) It’s not good at brickwalling but can add some nice warmth. I usually follow this with a transparent brickwall. If you want a pumping sound use medium release and set threshold to make the needle bounce.

On my list.
Uhe Satin.

Why do you need a warmer in your music? Use some eq and compression. What is this, a new trend?

Saturn, can do lots of different kinds of saturation, plus modulate.
dedication to flying

Wavetone wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:01 am Why do you need a warmer in your music? Use some eq and compression. What is this, a new trend?

Tape. Pre amps. Transformers. Tubes.

Wavetone wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:01 am Why do you need a warmer in your music? What is this, a new trend?
Because now in winter (on the nothern hemisphere of course) it is sooo cold, that
you need a warmer!

perpetual3 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:18 am Tape. Pre amps. Transformers. Tubes.
That is not an answer. You just mention the means to make a song warmer: You
can do it by tape, pre-amp, transformers or tubes. But why do you need to
"warm" a song?

Answer: Only if a song sounds tooo cool, sterile and aseptic.

Wavetone wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:01 am Use some eq and compression.
Yes, EQ and Comp will do the "warming" - and that's it.

But ...
... there is also psychology: Many musicians just feel better if they can put
a magic plugin on the track which adds an additional mystery-warmth! :clown:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

enroe wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:11 pm
Wavetone wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:01 am Why do you need a warmer in your music? What is this, a new trend?
Because now in winter (on the nothern hemisphere of course) it is sooo cold, that
you need a warmer!

"warm" a song?

But ...
Sure it was an answer. Rhetorically, he asked why and in response said to use EQ and compression. I offered some alternatives.

enroe wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:11 pm
you need a warmer!

"warm" a song?

But ...
You talk as if there are some quantifiable objective standards. Some people like their sound with more saturation, often characteristic of certain hardware devices, others don’t. Yeah, EQ and compression are all you “need” based on a certain idea of thinking about it, but I don’t have an EQ / compressor combination that can mimic the sound of certain preamps or tape.

True Iron, Synth Warmer, Vintage Warmer, Fab Filter Saturn on the tube setting, The Black Box from plugin alliance and a ton of others do a great job warming up guitar and bass. We are doing our processing reviews as we speak so I would be able to post more info soon. In the meantime, I think the black box is on sale crazy cheap right now at plugin alliance. Worth a shot.

Depending on the situation, I'll reach for:
Decapitator
Radiator
IVGI2
Softube Saturation Knob
Audiothing Vinyl Strip
Kilohearts Distortion inside of Multipass, so's you can just apply to certain frequency range(s)
Saturation module in BYOME
UAD Ampex ATR-102

I want to buy Vintagewarmer but I am finding it a bit too warm for my cold, cold pocket, filled with nothing but cold nickels that I can hardly rub together.

What can I do?

Trevor Jackson wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:23 pm I want to buy Vintagewarmer but I am finding it a bit too warm for my cold, cold pocket, filled with nothing but cold nickels that I can hardly rub together.

What can I do?
Buy it second hand, this guy sells it for 65$:
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=502838
proud to produce warezless!
my Trap beatz:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4J14A ... -FzS9TNa2w

PSP Vintage Warmer really awesome product

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”