Quanta - A new granular synth from Audio Damage (Now available)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Quanta 2

Neon Breath wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:07 pm Quanta is one hell of a granulator! So glad I gave it a try, many months after it got released, was snobing it for whatever bizarre reasons lol.

Very underrated imo, it can compete easily against all the other granular synths around, especially in term of sound quality/grain engine. I also like alot that it's been striped down to the granulation only, makes it easier to focus on sound sculpting with granular synthesis and take care of all the artifices later.
Agree, one of the better granular instruments out there.
But it produces a ton of crackles if you dive really deep.

enCiphered wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:36 pm
Haven't noticed anything so far, and I worked alot with it. What kind of crackles, what do you mean exactly?

I think somewhere in the manual it says that certain envelopes for the grains tend to produce clicks or crackles. Maybe that is what he is talking about

Neon Breath wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:44 pm
enCiphered wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:36 pm
Haven't noticed anything so far, and I worked alot with it. What kind of crackles, what do you mean exactly?
Ugly sound artifacts, clicks and crackles with complex modulation.

enCiphered wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:59 pm Ugly sound artifacts, clicks and crackles with complex modulation.
OK, I thought it was just me doing something wrong, because I can't see the whole modulation matrix at once and Mac version is way too sensitive to Magic mouse touch surface, s oI was thinking I changed something without noticing it. That one has been bugging me for the last two weeks.
MAN FROM SPACE
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/135uz9UwHtdXZgiFyAc3oz
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/manfromspace

GumRoad (FREE Ableton racks and synth presets): https://gumroad.com/manfromspace

Hi guys

Anyone is having this crash? In Ableton Live 10 (10.0.6) on OS X (10.12.6) when there's a sample loaded in Quanta (1.0.14, AudioUnit format) and Live is running (playback) in the Arrangement view, if I open Quanta GUI I crash each time. Strangely though if Live it not running there's no crash, I can open Quanta GUI at will without any problem. But as soon as the Live playback runs, if I try open Quanta while there's a sample loaded in it it will make Live crash.

Anyone can reproduce this as well?

Neon Breath wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:19 pm Hi guys

Anyone is having this crash? In Ableton Live 10 (10.0.6) on OS X (10.12.6) when there's a sample loaded in Quanta (1.0.14, AudioUnit format) and Live is running (playback) in the Arrangement view, if I open Quanta GUI I crash each time. Strangely though if Live it not running there's no crash, I can open Quanta GUI at will without any problem. But as soon as the Live playback runs, if I try open Quanta while there's a sample loaded in it it will make Live crash.

I’m getting the exact same crash since the update.

simmo75 wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:29 pm

Ok thanks for this. I've emailed Audio Damage support for this issue. As soon as I have feedback from them I'll post it here and keep you updated.

Neon Breath wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:10 am
simmo75 wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:29 pm

Ok thanks for this. I've emailed Audio Damage support for this issue. As soon as I have feedback from them I'll post it here and keep you updated.
Thanks, much appreciated.

Still no news from AD yet. Hope to get an answer soon to fix that, it's a pretty major issue forcing me to always leave the GUI opened to avoid crashing my whole DAW. Very irritating.

Does it happen with the VST version? Live 10 has been flakey with AUs since launch.

Gamma-UT wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:37 pm Does it happen with the VST version? Live 10 has been flakey with AUs since launch.
Good question. Haven't tried it, will do! Good tip.

How is Audio Damage support normally? Fast & solid? Or they're normally slow to respond to their customers?

I found the support to be great, quick response to my issues, and I was back up and running the same day.

Hmmm Audio Damage never got back to be, weeks after contacting them about that major GUI crash, no news total silence :shrug:

Return to “Instruments”