SEKTOR by Initial Audio

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Sektor

Hey there

I dont see any threads about Sector- I must of overlook it somehow. Did we already discuss it? Is it worth to buy? Anybody using it? Thank you. https://initialaudio.com/product/sektor/

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

Thank you.

Its really buggy in Ableton, but sounds ok and the workflow is nice like most synths i guess..
Nit a show stopper though
Ableton Live 10, Korg Monologue. Various vst's and effects

I downloaded the demo (yes, all 3.7 gb of it!) and played with it a bit the other day. To me it looks, sounds and feels very similar to Serum, the same hard/harsh sound. It misses the Serum's variety of osc warp modes (it only has FM between the oscs ) and filters (only basic LP/BP/HP which sound pretty bland and boring to me). It has interesting per-oscillator unison where you can independently set the osc parameters for each unsion voice - somehow similar to Dune's differential unison but applied to oscillators and not to the whole synth. Also it has another interesting fetaure - you may set custom curves defining how the synth will react to velocity, AT, MW and keytrack (iirk in Serum this is only possible for velocity). It also supports MPE.

I didn't notice any bugs (Win7, latest Studio One 64 bit).

It definitely seems an OK synth but I don't think it different enough from what I already have. For people having MPE controllers the MPE support may be a big advantage over Serum though.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

The MPE support and the way that's integrated into the mod section are the best thing about it. Otherwise it's a pretty generic wavetable synth. I almost grabbed it since it fixes most of the crappy things about synthmaster/ synthmaster one and their MPE support, but I figure Equator, Strobe 2 and Cypher 2 will be my go to synths for playing with MPE. Unless you have a desperate need for a MPE wavetable synth it's got nothing to make it stand out.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

How about the sound quality? The demos I listened to seem very impressive in that regard and I love what I've seen of the workflow on video. It's $79 at the moment (Plugin Boutique) and it looks very tempting to me. I'm definitely going to download the demo and try it out over the weekend. (The fact the the record store I co-owned in the 1990's was called Sektor 7 has no influence on my interest in this synth. Honest.)
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I have this synthesizer. Good sound, good modulation capabilities. The only drawback are the Sektor filters. The synthesizer works stably in the Reaper. It is worth the designated amount of money. There is a bug in the synthesizer - the instability of the Delay settings.
:phones:

These are examples of the formation of sound.

Everything is done in Sektor.
https://soundcloud.com/user-484756306/kraftwerk-sound
https://soundcloud.com/user-484756306/t ... -of-winter
:phones:

Ah_Dziz wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:45 pm The MPE support and the way that's integrated into the mod section are the best thing about it. Otherwise it's a pretty generic wavetable synth. I almost grabbed it since it fixes most of the crappy things about synthmaster/ synthmaster one and their MPE support, but I figure Equator, Strobe 2 and Cypher 2 will be my go to synths for playing with MPE. Unless you have a desperate need for a MPE wavetable synth it's got nothing to make it stand out.
Was there an update??? When I got it MPE was broken, not working at all, and the devs showed no interest to fix it ever. They did not even bother to look into the issue...

It worked well on my system. Not enough to buy it though. Haven’t checked it back out since. Sorry.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Now Serum has MPE support... how do they compare in terms of MPE and Seaboard playability?

Tempted to get this while it's on sale and Serum isn't, but from reviews and the zillion Serum presets I've gotten with sample packs, Serum seems like the better choice for me... unless its MPE is significantly worse or more limited.

Ah_Dziz wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:25 am It worked well on my system. Not enough to buy it though. Haven’t checked it back out since. Sorry.
Could you do polyphonic pitch bend? I can‘t, its bending all the notes as any non MPE...

After trying the demo of this and Syntronik, I bought this. I have already managed to get some sounds from it that are too full-on to be useful, which is gratifying. It's startling how easy it is to get this thing to misbehave. I love it!
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:10 am After trying the demo of this and Syntronik, I bought this. I have already managed to get some sounds from it that are too full-on to be useful, which is gratifying. It's startling how easy it is to get this thing to misbehave. I love it!
This thing is not normal I tell you! :hihi:
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Return to “Instruments”