Cherry Audio Voltage modular

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Voltage Modular Core + Electro Drums Voltage Modular Ignite Voltage Modular Nucleus

Stefken wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:06 pm
The question is, how many bundles he will come up with.

Besides that one, other modules that didn't appear yet are a Russian filter, a Manifold filter (this one is also part of the Compacts Bundle, and consists in all filter modules in a single module), Tohe (a kind of single band EQ), Julste (a low pass gate), Flame (Analog distortion based on guitar pedals), Trummor2 (Drum (and Percussion Synthesizer), Flux (a quad voltage processor), and several other utilities modules.
And the Vessek Osc.... I was hoping for this one to be included. All other osc's are, but the most interesting imo not (yet). Well, there is enough to be expecting at least one more bundle.

I'm holding back until then. As good as these modules are, being selective at this point is important.
At 80 dollars a pop, it soon adds up as Wags is finding out. For 80 dollars you can buy a complete synth.
This is why I never went down the Eurorack rabbit hole.

Anyway, I dove in and got the latest additions. Not regretting it. This stuff is amazing. You still cant't go crazy with patches because of CPU usage but with smart planning, you can still make some unusual things without blowing up your PC.

@fmr

Well c++ to java would require some doing and knowhow. I assume c++ anyway. *Definitely doable and a fair point to be sure. :)

wagtunes wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:09 pm Anyway, I dove in and got the latest additions. Not regretting it. This stuff is amazing. You still cant't go crazy with patches because of CPU usage but with smart planning, you can still make some unusual things without blowing up your PC.
Nice. How about doing a YouTube vid running through using them :wink:

:o
jerry doing modular vids!
epic!
do it!

Stefken wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:06 pm At 80 dollars a pop, it soon adds up as Wags is finding out. For 80 dollars you can buy a complete synth.
True words.

Roughly 4 years ago a I finally decided not to go the modular hardware route. Well, it was actually the 3rd time I did ( :D ), but this won't change anymore.

I had laid out a wonderful rack with most of the Cwejman moduls with the S1-MK2 as the top "plate". I love the Cwejman sound. In comparison, these bundles appear rather cheap. But yes, that's just deceptive.

I want a virtual Cwejman!

wagtunes wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:09 pmAnyway, I dove in and got the latest additions. Not regretting it.
The updates or additional purchases?

After one day of fun: VM is really, really great. The workflow is intuitive and well elaborated, so far it is absolutely rock stable without any quirks - and I like what I hear.

inkling wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:25 pm
wagtunes wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:09 pm Anyway, I dove in and got the latest additions. Not regretting it. This stuff is amazing. You still cant't go crazy with patches because of CPU usage but with smart planning, you can still make some unusual things without blowing up your PC.
Know what? I'd love to but for some reason my Camtasia and Cubase have stopped working together. I use Voicemeter just like I always did but you can't record voice and music at the same time anymore. So I need somebody to help me figure out what's wrong.

LiteOn wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:59 pm
wagtunes wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:09 pmAnyway, I dove in and got the latest additions. Not regretting it.
The updates or additional purchases?

After one day of fun: VM is really, really great. The workflow is intuitive and well elaborated, so far it is absolutely rock stable without any quirks - and I like what I hear.
Today I bought the following:

Sampler II
16 Note Sequencer
Vult Fury Bundle
Bernard Total Bundle

wagtunes wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:38 pm Today I bought the following:

Sampler II
16 Note Sequencer
Vult Fury Bundle
Bernard Total Bundle
:D

Thanks.

You must be pushing $700US on VM, Wags? Atta boy! GAS-out. :phones:

plexuss wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:05 pm You must be pushing $700US on VM, Wags? Atta boy! GAS-out. :phones:
Well, you know what? I don't buy synths anymore. So if my whole budget goes into this (and hopefully the return when I release my library will make up somewhat for it) then that's fine. If VM does even half as well as my Softube library does (still don't get that one at all) then it'll more than pay for itself.

wagtunes wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:35 pm
inkling wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:25 pm
Know what? I'd love to but for some reason my Camtasia and Cubase have stopped working together. I use Voicemeter just like I always did but you can't record voice and music at the same time anymore. So I need somebody to help me figure out what's wrong.
I'm not familiar with either Camtasia or Cubase. Would the stand-alone VM work with Camtasia?

Hope you get it sorted either way, would love seeing those new modules in use.

wagtunes wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:35 pmKnow what? I'd love to but for some reason my Camtasia and Cubase have stopped working together. I use Voicemeter just like I always did but you can't record voice and music at the same time anymore. So I need somebody to help me figure out what's wrong.
Try OBS Studio, free and open source software for video recording. Works a treat over here. ASIO sound, Windows sound, no problem. In fact the first recording software that I use without flaws. And I've tried many, believe me.

elassi wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:16 pm
wagtunes wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:35 pmKnow what? I'd love to but for some reason my Camtasia and Cubase have stopped working together. I use Voicemeter just like I always did but you can't record voice and music at the same time anymore. So I need somebody to help me figure out what's wrong.
Try OBS Studio, free and open source software for video recording. Works a treat over here. ASIO sound, Windows sound, no problem. In fact the first recording software that I use without flaws. And I've tried many, believe me.
And it'll do Voiceover and record my DAW with external soundcard at the same time?

wagtunes wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:31 pm
elassi wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:16 pm
And it'll do Voiceover and record my DAW with external soundcard at the same time?
Just try it. For exampe I'm able to record both the sound from a YT or web vid (WIN system sound if you will) and the output of my DAW. Never seen a solution that can do this. It's obviously easy to insert your voice then by using the rec input of the DAW. But wait, you can also grab and record the mic input itself and on top of that either from the standard soundcard or an external one*.

*I'm using a RME Fireface UC

Return to “Instruments”