Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

Gotchya - thanks - hadn't even noticed that, I just went to the "Downloads" tab in the info.

Bit confusing, but at least it works, so that's good... :tu:

Just tried using some of the SRX Dance Trax drums on a tune and wondered why they sounded so loose and off. Bounced to audio and there is a huge latency/delay/lag/something between note and actual sound. I remember this was common when I actually used outboard gear, but is this a feature of the actual synth or some kind of a bug? It's something like 14-15 ms, which is pretty audible already.

Tried to bounce System-8 track on the same song and there's no delay.

Looks like they added the 303 plugin today, on 303 day...

https://www.rolandcloud.com/home/news/t ... -available

beely wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:57 am Looks like they added the 303 plugin today, on 303 day...

Nice! Have Roland had this one ready to go for months waiting for 3/03 :D

db3 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:11 pm
beely wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:57 am Looks like they added the 303 plugin today, on 303 day...

Nice! Have Roland had this one ready to go for months waiting for 3/03 :D
Astute observation! I've been wondering why they haven't released this yet. They must have been waiting for 3/03.

Does any actually see the 303 in their cloud manager yet though? I don't, I ran check for updates. Not there.
Last edited by Echoes in the Attic on Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Well, that's gonna make some people happy. :)

Interesting that Roland does that, even though they have a couple of hardware 303's in their portfolio. Guess they assumed the right thing, and that's that a software version won't hurt sales of the hardware versions.

I wonder how it compares to 303 vst"s that are already out there...Nice collection Roland is building here.

Video walkthrough:

https://youtu.be/sLT06GFIl98

Stefken wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:33 pm I wonder how it compares to 303 vst"s that are already out there...Nice collection Roland is building here.
Sounds pretty nice to me, judging from the demos.

Judging from the video I like the sound and it looks super fun to play with. :tu:

chk071 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:30 pm Well, that's gonna make some people happy. :)

Interesting that Roland does that, even though they have a couple of hardware 303's in their portfolio. Guess they assumed the right thing, and that's that a software version won't hurt sales of the hardware versions.
Most of the Roland Cloud Instruments are based on hardware Roland currently has on the market. The 303 was one of the only boutiques that didn't have a Cloud instrument so it was just a matter of time. Really hoping they do a TR-08S next. Would love to get those sounds in a single plugin. Would understand if Roland would rather package those up in separate plugins though.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:15 pm Does any actually see the 303 in their cloud manager yet though? I don't, I ran check for updates. Not there.
It should be there for everyone on the Legendary series tab (might need to scroll down the list once in there, depending on the size of your window)

They've already added an update to v1.01 from 1.00. So if anyone literally just installed v1.00 you might want to check that. There's some "techno" patches for it under the patches tab too.

I wonder when Roland will abandon their ridiculous subscription method and start releasing vsts for some of their modern hardware such as their fantoms or integra.

I don't see any reason to rent sofware versions of 30+ years old hardware when it's possible to purchase for life way more powerful plugins.

Bippo wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:21 pm I wonder when Roland will abandon their ridiculous subscription method and start releasing vsts for some of their modern hardware such as their fantoms or integra.
The answer to that is quite simple: As long as people subscribe. There definitely seems to be quite a bit of demand for this kind of business scheme. Personally, i think i'd even subscribe, if they cut the monthly costs in half, and offer the sub for 10 €. 20 € is a bit steep. Not for me.

Bippo wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:21 pm I wonder when Roland will abandon their ridiculous subscription method and start releasing vsts for some of their modern hardware such as their fantoms or integra.

I don't see any reason to rent sofware versions of 30+ years old hardware when it's possible to purchase for life way more powerful plugins.
Not fond of this model too but you get 2 vst's after one year subscription. This 303 and the 106 seem like good candidates. Anyway, this collection is getting better and better.

We'll see. Certainly it doesn't break the bank to subscribe for 1 month and have some fun with the 303.

Return to “Instruments”