Synapse Audio Dune 3 user requests

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AnX wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:26 pm
Elektronisch wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:29 pm
ATS wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:18 am I would think it they changed the workflow in DUNE at this point it would upset more people than it makes happy.
There is a very big gap between Change and Improve. And improvement is what is asked :)
what kind of improvements, and improvements for who? i havent seen a massive amount of ppl asking for the same thing (except a built in WT editor) just a few ppl asking lots of different things
Easier way to mix layers for example :)
Also browser improvements, thats not only me who has been asking :)

I dont see that as a workflow breaking thing...

Saukar30 wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:24 pm To add.... a latch control for each of the arps. Not a necessity, but would be cool
Yes, this would be very helpful, I requested this in the other Dune 3 topic on this forum. A simple ARP-Hold button/function for both ARP1 & ARP2 would be super cool, and useful.

Thanks.

Elektronisch wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:36 pm
AnX wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:26 pm
Elektronisch wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:29 pm
ATS wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:18 am I would think it they changed the workflow in DUNE at this point it would upset more people than it makes happy.
There is a very big gap between Change and Improve. And improvement is what is asked :)
what kind of improvements, and improvements for who? i havent seen a massive amount of ppl asking for the same thing (except a built in WT editor) just a few ppl asking lots of different things
Easier way to mix layers for example :)
+1

A disabled state for (the buttons of) voices/layers that are not in use, would make the voices/layer section more transparent/logical.

Stefken wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:48 pm

A disabled state for (the buttons of) voices/layers that are not in use, would make the voices/layer section more transparent/logical.

i find it easy, but there is def some confusion, and its understandable

you first need to select how many voices/layers you are using, which is under 'unison voices' (confusing already)

then you have to select which layer you want to work on, but you can also solo a layer, and not the one that you have selected to work on (again, confusing)

so yes, i think it could do with a bit more cohesion

AnX wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:01 pm
Stefken wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:48 pm

i find it easy, but there is def some confusion, and its understandable

you first need to select how many voices/layers you are using, which is under 'unison voices' (confusing already)

then you have to select which layer you want to work on, but you can also solo a layer, and not the one that you have selected to work on (again, confusing)

so yes, i think it could do with a bit more cohesion
I agree. :wink:

I get it, now I have actually read the manual (which I normally never do).
But without the explanation it was pretty confusing.

Loads more knobs to play with in the Oscillator section, skew, sync etc - go through all hardware+software synths Osc sections and include the best plus some new ones?

Maybe even look at complex oscillators from the Eurorack types, Insturo one sounds wildly good.

If it were ever possible to include in the Osc section instead of wavetable, live controllers from wavetable editors like WaveEdit to edit the sound live (might need to setup macros to be exact, or just use multiple automations) but it should be easier than programming our own to effectively just provide one extra wavetable knob.

Maybe a spectral filter/spectral effects?
Nova II, FL20+Fire, Sytrus, Transistor Bass, DUNE 3, Thorn, Viper, ANA 2 SynthMaster, Discovery Pro, Reason, SugarBytes, SoundToys, LION, TRIAD, Plugin-Alliance, T-Racks, AmpliTube, MODO Drum/Bass, iZotope MPS 2.
One Day: FLEXXX, Alpha Forever, Diversion 2

A more modern and bigger arp.
Place it in the bottom section where there is a lot more horizontal space.
For an example: I really like the arp in Ana 2 (and it's combo with it's Chord Memory Device).
An arp like this with the sound of Dune3 would be awesome. :party:

Muziksculp wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:35 pm
Saukar30 wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:24 pm To add.... a latch control for each of the arps. Not a necessity, but would be cool
Yes, this would be very helpful, I requested this in the other Dune 3 topic on this forum. A simple ARP-Hold button/function for both ARP1 & ARP2 would be super cool, and useful.

Thanks.
In the meantime there is a Latch function however it affects both Arps:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

the oscilators from the legend

I want MPE support.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Stefken wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:56 pm A more modern and bigger arp.
For an example: I really like the arp in Ana 2 (and it's combo with it's Chord Memory Device).
An arp like this with the sound of Dune3 would be awesome. :party:
Agreed. ANA 2 ARP+ chord memory is the best, hands down. If they released that as a MIDI VST plugin, I'd pay for it.

Besides that, there are things that are simply difficult to accept in 2019. A proper preset browser like the ones of ANA 2 or Synthmaster, with free tagging support, rating, author type and genre is almost a must these days. I'm still surprised Spire and Dune 3 don't include that yet.

I understand that this is a lot of work for such a small company with just one or two coders. But these preset browsers have become something you expect on all synths, and for a very good reason.
MAN FROM SPACE
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/135uz9UwHtdXZgiFyAc3oz
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/manfromspace

GumRoad (FREE Ableton racks and synth presets): https://gumroad.com/manfromspace

Teksonik wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:25 pm
Muziksculp wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:35 pm

Thanks.
In the meantime there is a Latch function however it affects both Arps:
Thanks, that was very helpful. Didn't know about this.

Stefken wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:56 pm A more modern and bigger arp.
dont know what you mean by "more modern"

as for size, currently, it half the size of the gui (width) so you could get 16 steps visible at once, but stretching 8 steps across the while width would look ridiculous.( I tried a couple of mock ups to gauge size)

AnX wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:00 pm dont know what you mean by "more modern"
Well, have a look at the sequencer from Ana2, Cypher2, Viper to get some idea.

AnX wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:00 pm as for size, currently, it half the size of the gui (width) so you could get 16 steps visible at once, but stretching 8 steps across the while width would look ridiculous.( I tried a couple of mock ups to gauge size)
Yeah, one of the main objectives would be to get more steps visible (16 at least).

Can you actually get the 16 steps to be visible by changing the config file? (not talking about seeing there is enough space on a mockup but actually moving step 9-16 and having the arp fully functional).

Anyways, imo an new implementation of the sequencer is needed. If you could mod the arp into a wider 16 step version that would be nice, but still not on the level of Ana2 or Cypher2.
A new implementation from scratch (instead of an outdated Sylenth1 inspired implementation) would be best.

Stefken wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:46 pm

Can you actually get the 16 steps to be visible by changing the config file? (not talking about seeing there is enough space on a mockup but actually moving step 9-16 and having the arp fully functional).
no, that is not possible

Return to “Instruments”