Fathom Synth Development Thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fathom Synth

A great video from you as always! Thanks for keeping posting these.

I also learnt a few things from it. :)
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

Just bumping the Video. Scrubbing Monkeys, great tutorial, thanks for making it.

https://youtu.be/TbMrDlw2v8o

:wink: In terms of the dev tools on my three monitors, here's how I normally have it organized:

FPS.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

:D
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

@FathomSynth, I purchased Fathom last night, and well, haven't slept much as the hours melt by programming this awesome instrument. I also purchased the Mountain Climber sound set because I just had to see how those beautiful synthetic vocals were created. After lurking KVR for years, I finally had to register just to say THIS IS AN AWESOME SYNTH!

I found Fathom randomly, as it doesn't seem to have too much coverage out there in synth land. I searched for "Synths that create Single Cycle Waves" in google and boom, there it was! After downloading the Mono version and playing around with it, I just had to have the Polyphony, so Pro it was.

I look forward to further development. And can't wait to see where Fathom goes. I can see many more sleepless nights of sound design at this point, and want to push Fathom hard. I read that there are CPU issues, but none here so far (i7-4770 @ 3.40GHz with 8 core threading on Win 8.1). Also can't wait for Wavetable export/import. Anyway Thanks for creating this awesome beast! :clap:
Ambient Sound Design & Soundtrack Composition - http://ambietica.lyonsdenmultimedia.com/

Thanks for the kind words.

I think attention from the press will come when it’s time. Their job is a hundred times more difficult than mine, separating the tools from the toys. Every time a new synth comes out they have to ask "is this just a cool idea or a real instrument that artists will use to express their inner thoughts?"

Well when the readership of Computer Music get their hands on Fathom CM in about 10 days time it should get a lot more exposure. Hopefully they do a 1-2 page tutorial for it too, like they have for the current Puncher CM. Have you decided what extra features it might have over the current free mono Fathom Synth? Or will it be the standard free version, but have extra sounds/presets, like their cover version of Krotos Reformer? We'll understand if you can't say yet, because it's all in secret so it can be a surprise.

Anyway, I'm sure it will bring extra customers, particularly if you run one of your lower price points for a little bit (but not too low, you should benefit from the coverage).

I agree! I purchased Fathom in February, after viewing the demo for mountain climber. Fathom is such an amazing synth at an affordable price. I ended up buying the bundle. I PM’ed @FathomSynth and requested those mountain climber patches. And he released the presets for purchase, shortly after requesting them!
AmbieticA wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:56 am @FathomSynth, I purchased Fathom last night, and well, haven't slept much as the hours melt by programming this awesome instrument. I also purchased the Mountain Climber sound set because I just had to see how those beautiful synthetic vocals were created. After lurking KVR for years, I finally had to register just to say THIS IS AN AWESOME SYNTH!

I found Fathom randomly, as it doesn't seem to have too much coverage out there in synth land. I searched for "Synths that create Single Cycle Waves" in google and boom, there it was! After downloading the Mono version and playing around with it, I just had to have the Polyphony, so Pro it was.

I look forward to further development. And can't wait to see where Fathom goes. I can see many more sleepless nights of sound design at this point, and want to push Fathom hard. I read that there are CPU issues, but none here so far (i7-4770 @ 3.40GHz with 8 core threading on Win 8.1). Also can't wait for Wavetable export/import. Anyway Thanks for creating this awesome beast! :clap:

It's OK to talk about CM now since Computer Music has officially announced Fathom CM.

In their last issue they reported we will be on the May issue DVD. It was tough to keep it a secret for so long since I'm really excited that Fathom will be included. The DVD includes synths like Dune, Thorn, Synthmaster, Bazille, Curve and Zebra, pretty much the best of the best.

Fathom CM is basically a Polyphonic version of Fathom Mono. It is the same as Fathom Pro with a few features turned off. You still have to buy Fathom Pro in order to get the Variable Filters, 12 Band EQ and Wav import/export. They are planning a full spread on Fathom in the hard cover, but I'm not sure if that will be this issue or later this year.

I think CM puts a lot of effort into researching new plugins since their editors have actually been keeping up with Fathom's development now for well over a year.

I have no idea what the impact will be on sales, but it could be huge, since if I'm not mistaken, CM is the biggest audio magazine in the world.

Still havent got round to trying Fathom yet... :?

FathomSynth wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:52 pm It's OK to talk about CM now since Computer Music has officially announced Fathom CM.

In their last issue they reported we will be on the May issue DVD. It was tough to keep it a secret for so long since I'm really excited that Fathom will be included. The DVD includes synths like Dune, Thorn, Synthmaster, Bazille, Curve and Zebra, pretty much the best of the best.

Fathom CM is basically a Polyphonic version of Fathom Mono. It is the same as Fathom Pro with a few features turned off. You still have to buy Fathom Pro in order to get the Variable Filters, 12 Band EQ and Wav import/export. They are planning a full spread on Fathom in the hard cover, but I'm not sure if that will be this issue or later this year.

I think CM puts a lot of effort into researching new plugins since their editors have actually been keeping up with Fathom's development now for well over a year.

I have no idea what the impact will be on sales, but it could be huge, since if I'm not mistaken, CM is the biggest audio magazine in the world.
I really hope so for you!! So much of your hardwork has gone into the synth and we all wish the best for you and Fantom

AnX wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:58 pm Still havent got round to trying Fathom yet... :?
It's a great synth. Mind you, it's (and all modulars in general) a little bit over my head still - but I'm getting there. And when I do - Fathom will still be in my VST folder 😉
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

AnX wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:58 pm Still havent got round to trying Fathom yet... :?
Me neither. :neutral:

jbraner wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:43 pma little bit over my head still
I'm sure you'll fathom it out, soon enough :wink:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:50 pm
Yeah - I'll get there eventually 😉
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

jbraner wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:25 pm
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:50 pm
Yeah - I'll get there eventually 😉
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fathom
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Return to “Instruments”